• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

urrutiap

Playing Platinum for the first time. What should I do in the beginning?

Such as whatever was new and creative when Platinum was released in stores a few years back.

What are some of the stuff I should fiddle around with in the game before plowing through the game?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
can someone please tell me how to remove ball capsules? i got one from gts. so i go on the pc then go the ball capsule then wtf do i do? all i see are empty balls... i click edit then confirm but nothing happens. soo frustated PLEASE HELP!

On the PC, in Ball Capsules, click on the ones that have the Pokémon Icons with them, you can then select Remove.

If rhey're not there, they're removed.

Such as whatever was new and creative when Platinum was released in stores a few years back.

What are some of the stuff I should fiddle around with in the game before plowing through the game?

The WiFi Club, some new music and slightly different plot like Cyrus at Lake Verity, snow at Twinleaf Town, and some other stuff.

For the most part, it's the same, and there aren't many new gimmicks other than the ones I staed above.

Conza

Hi, I'm wondering if there are any Pokemon exclusive to Platinum that aren't already in Diamond and Pearl? Just Giratina?

I tried searching for the word exclusive in the thread search but it didn't work (posts came up without the word at all, very confusing).

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Jordi

With the dual-slot Gengar thing, do you need the national dex to do this or not?

Thecatteam

In Platinum, is Strength required for Wayward Cave B1F?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
If you defeat Team Galactic on Friday at Valley Windworks, will Drifloon still appear afterward? (Pokemon Pearl)

oh yes as long its every friday, the drifloon will appear

moondog

Small question about hacked platinum Pokemon.

So in light of the pokemon bank opening friend and I having been buying used old pokemon games to transfer pokemon so we have them in xy. I just bought platinum and I noticed the save file was still there along with a shiny rayquaza. The pokedex number is ??? along with being caught in a master ball and met along 205 at lvl 8. Don't want to get in trouble with this or anything so was just wondering if its fine to just transfer it to xy (bc bank will destory it if hacked right?) or if I should just release it. I wanna catch the legendaries and I noticed he only caught giratina and not the others. Would it be worth to catch the legendaries or is my copy kinda screwed because of the hacked rayquaza (guessing its hacked) and is there a way I can tell if the game is bad.

thanks in advance and first post thinking this would be best spot to post in.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Small question about hacked platinum Pokemon.

So in light of the pokemon bank opening friend and I having been buying used old pokemon games to transfer pokemon so we have them in xy. I just bought platinum and I noticed the save file was still there along with a shiny rayquaza. The pokedex number is ??? along with being caught in a master ball and met along 205 at lvl 8. Don't want to get in trouble with this or anything so was just wondering if its fine to just transfer it to xy (bc bank will destory it if hacked right?) or if I should just release it. I wanna catch the legendaries and I noticed he only caught giratina and not the others. Would it be worth to catch the legendaries or is my copy kinda screwed because of the hacked rayquaza (guessing its hacked) and is there a way I can tell if the game is bad.

thanks in advance and first post thinking this would be best spot to post in.

Bank wont destroy it, you just wont be able to transfer it at all.

moondog

Do you think its ok if I catch the remaining legendaries with a legit pokemon? The hacked Pokemon wont mess up getting non-hacked ones right?

difunto666

Can I transfer manaphy's egg fom JP version to US D/P/Pt version in a US DSi?

I want so bad a manaphy that I cant find anywhere a new copy of pokemon ranger... I'm avoiding used copies 'cous who knows if someone used already a password to catch the manaphy's egg...;manaphyegg;

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I want so bad a manaphy that I cant find anywhere a new copy of pokemon ranger... I'm avoiding used copies 'cous who knows if someone used already a password to catch the manaphy's egg...;manaphyegg;

Some Good news, Pokémon Ranger 1 and All the Sinnoh games do not have a Region lockout so you can play a Japanese game on the US DSi/3DS hardware lines.

Bad News: I don't know if Ranger 1 Japan will recognise the US games.

BleachTune

I didn't see this question when I looked I hope I didn't miss it, but this is a question that no one can seem to answer for me...

So I got the Celebi from the event when Black and White came out, but I did not transfer it at the time because I was the only person I knew playing pokemon at the time and only had one DSlite. I now have a 3DS and I was hoping that I would be able to transfer it over now and trade my pokemon over to Black. This is where my problem starts, I do not have access to a wep internet type where I am, so I cannot connect to the internet on my DSlite is there a way to link up without internet connection between the 3DSXL and DSlite so that I can transfer the Pokemon from Diamond to Black? I'm guessing there is something silly that I'm over looking but I was hoping someone could help me figure this out. Thanks for your time!

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
I didn't see this question when I looked I hope I didn't miss it, but this is a question that no one can seem to answer for me...

So I got the Celebi from the event when Black and White came out, but I did not transfer it at the time because I was the only person I knew playing pokemon at the time and only had one DSlite. I now have a 3DS and I was hoping that I would be able to transfer it over now and trade my pokemon over to Black. This is where my problem starts, I do not have access to a wep internet type where I am, so I cannot connect to the internet on my DSlite is there a way to link up without internet connection between the 3DSXL and DSlite so that I can transfer the Pokemon from Diamond to Black? I'm guessing there is something silly that I'm over looking but I was hoping someone could help me figure this out. Thanks for your time!

Transferring Pokémon from Gen 4 to Gen 5 uses local wireless communications. The Internet is not needed at all for local wireless communications.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Okay, thank you and I know this is a really stupid question, but how to I go about accessing that?

If you're wanting to transfer the Legendary Beasts or Celebi from the 2011 event, you simply need to launch the Relocator from the BW main menu and select DS Download Play on the DS with the Gen 4 game in it. If the Relocator isn't available, you'll need to find a guy in Castelia City who you can tell phrases to and tell him: Everyone Happy and Simple Connection.

If you're trying to transfer anything besides those 4 event Pokémon, then you need to go to the PokéTransfer Lab on Route 15. Like with the Relocator, once you launch the PokéTransfer, you simply select DS Download Play on the DS with the Gen 4 game in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.