• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Help Thread [UBER EDITION] [READ THE FIRST POST]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

BleachTune

If you're wanting to transfer the Legendary Beasts or Celebi from the 2011 event, you simply need to launch the Relocator from the BW main menu and select DS Download Play on the DS with the Gen 4 game in it. If the Relocator isn't available, you'll need to find a guy in Castelia City who you can tell phrases to and tell him: Everyone Happy and Simple Connection.

If you're trying to transfer anything besides those 4 event Pokémon, then you need to go to the PokéTransfer Lab on Route 15. Like with the Relocator, once you launch the PokéTransfer, you simply select DS Download Play on the DS with the Gen 4 game in it.

Thank you so much I got it figured out! Thanks for answering my stupid questions ^^;

DRzHERO4

Hey if anyone is still out there, I really need help getting a Darkrai. For my brother to complete the national pokedex all he needs is to see a Darkrai. Anyone willing to trade one? I can't really provide you with anything special but it would be of big help! Thank You in Advance! :)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey if anyone is still out there, I really need help getting a Darkrai. For my brother to complete the national pokedex all he needs is to see a Darkrai. Anyone willing to trade one? I can't really provide you with anything special but it would be of big help! Thank You in Advance! :)

Use the trade forum.

Hey guys. I was just wondering, if I download My Pokemon Ranch on Wii, will it still work properly with Diamond and Pearl after after Nintendo cut off online features for Wii and DS? I really want to be able to get Mew for Pokemon Pearl, but don't want to have to rush it.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey guys. I was just wondering, if I download My Pokemon Ranch on Wii, will it still work properly with Diamond and Pearl after after Nintendo cut off online features for Wii and DS? I really want to be able to get Mew for Pokemon Pearl, but don't want to have to rush it.

Yes it will, it doesn't use Nintendo WFC at all.

Yes it will, it doesn't use Nintendo WFC at all.

Thanks. It was one the recent Serebii news updates that threw me:

In The Games Department
Pokémon - Online Services

Nintendo has announced that, as of May 20th 2014, all online services across the DS and Wii games will terminate. This means that you will not be able to go online with any of the following Pokémon games: Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon HeartGold, Pokémon SoulSilver, Pokémon Battle Revolution, Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, Pokémon White 2, My Pokémon Ranch, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia & Pokémon Conquest. All online features of these games will be inaccessible, regardless of the console you play them on. All 3DS and Wii U games will continue to be playable online, as will Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter.

Versace

I need help with my platinum team. So far my team is Prinplup level 32, Gliscor level 33, and Kirlia soon to be gallade level 21. i just beat the 4th gym and im thinking i want another pokemon for my team. my ds never works with the GTS for some reason so trading isnt an option. i was thinking Roserade but his movepool isnt great or polssibly houndoom but then i would have more fighting weakness. please someone help me i need suggestions

bob1689321

Sorry if this has been asked all ready.
i have a gallade level 23 with maxed EVs. if i use an exp share to level it up will it not gain as much stats. im asking because one of my friends said that pokemon you level up yourself get better stats than pokemon you use an exp share for. is this true because i dont want a gallade with bad stats.

bob1689321

I need help with my platinum team. So far my team is Prinplup level 32, Gliscor level 33, and Kirlia soon to be gallade level 21. i just beat the 4th gym and im thinking i want another pokemon for my team. my ds never works with the GTS for some reason so trading isnt an option. i was thinking Roserade but his movepool isnt great or polssibly houndoom but then i would have more fighting weakness. please someone help me i need suggestions

i know you already have a water type but i'd say gyarados because of its huge movepool (mine knows thunder, flamethrower, ice fang and surf) also the reaon you cant do gts is because ds online has been completely shut down.

Last edited:

Takeshii

Bank wont destroy it, you just wont be able to transfer it at all.
So you can't transfer hacked pokemon from 4 Gen to 5 Gen?

JigglyKirby

So I've got Pokemon Sapphire & Leaf Green along with a DS Lite today.
And I have a problem; I inserted Sapphire into the GBA slot and I'm supposed to make Lotad appear on Route 203 (as stated in the Platinum guide book) and I keep moving in grassy areas and on water, but doesn't happen.
Do they appear in one specific spot? Or is it just a lie?

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
And I have a problem; I inserted Sapphire into the GBA slot and I'm supposed to make Lotad appear on Route 203 (as stated in the Platinum guide book) and I keep moving in grassy areas and on water, but doesn't happen.

Have you obtained the National Pokédex yet? I don't think Lotad will appear until you have the National 'Dex.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Have you obtained the National Pokédex yet? I don't think Lotad will appear until you have the National 'Dex.
That's correct, mostly.

Actually, "Dual Slot" pokémon, such as Lotad on Route 203, won't appear until you Unlock Pal Park. To Unlock Pal park, you need to Get the national Dex and Beat the Elite 4, and Visit the building on Route 221.

I should point out that, switching DSes or chaining the clock, have been said prevent the "Dual Slot" Pokémon showing for a day. It will stop you using transferring Pokémon from the GBA games to the Pal Park.

Finally, "fake" GBA games won't be recognised by the DS games.

Tonbei

Sorry if this has been asked all ready.
i have a gallade level 23 with maxed EVs. if i use an exp share to level it up will it not gain as much stats. im asking because one of my friends said that pokemon you level up yourself get better stats than pokemon you use an exp share for. is this true because i dont want a gallade with bad stats.
Hey bob1689321,

Using the exp. share on your Gallade will only give it exp. points, and will not affect stat growth adversely, since you have already maxed out its EVs. How many exp points it receives in comparison to the pokemon holding the exp. share depends on the game generation.

Check out Bulbapedia's page concerning experience-sharing items for more information. I cannot provide a link because I have less than 10 posts, but the page is called "Experience-affecting item".​

urrutiap

Pokemon Platinum - what is a good place to level up before the 8th Badge?

Before I head to the 8th Gym, I have to deal with the Liftveil Team Galactic HQ place.

Just wondering what other good place there is to level up pokemon?

gamer_legend

Sorry buddy I would've said Iron Island as it has a mega ton of pokemon and I'd also say catch a Yanma with compoundeyes from the safari zone then try to catch a chansey with a lucky egg.

Tomsta

Need help deciding on a team/improvements

OK so i just started Pearl a couple of days ago, i'm currently training to get my pokemon to the same level as 3rd Gym's trainers, i'm wondering how i could improve my team as i've never played 4th Gen before (i'm a Gen I guy, Gen II and III i had a rough idea about a team)

Current Team (Names and types)

In no order:

Gastly - Ghost - Lv 22
Luxio - Electric - Lv 24
Shellos - Ground/Water - Lv 24
Staravia - Flying - Lv 24
Monferno - Fight/Fire - Lv 25
Kadabra - Physic - Lv 23

If you guys were to suggest some improvements that would be greatly appreciated, note this team doesn't have to beat the Elite Four just a general team, if it happens to beat the Elite Four, that's great

Status
Not open for further replies.