• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamond Team, Battle Tower

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
Okay, so I'm trying again for the Battle Tower, this time on my Diamond game (the one I usually frequently reset for splurging goodies to my main Pearl game), and I'd like opinions on this threesome.

Spiritomb
Bold nature
Ability: Pressure
Item Held: Leftovers

Toxic
Will o' Wisp
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse

Double Status/Wall/Annoyance. I'm actually pretty fond of this guy. He has no weaknesses (barring use of Foresight), and can just stall out the opponent. Will 'o Wisp is there in case of Steels and Poison-types (which Toxic cannot affect). Dark Pulse is there for extra damage. I wanted to put Sucker Punch in, but since Bold lowers Attack, I chose Dark Pulse instead, which also benefits from Calm Mind.

Luxray
Naive nature
Ability: Intimidate
Item held: Choice Band

Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Crunch
Thunderbolt

I've never been keen on using a Choice item, but I'm giving them a shot this time around. Wasn't sure between using the Band or the Scarf, so I'm going with the Band for now. The first three moves explain themselves, but Thunderbolt is there in case I need to handle Skarmory.

Infernape
Lonely nature
Ability: Blaze
Item held: Life Orb

Close Combat
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Earthquake

Mixed Sweeper Infernape. Not much to say there.

So, think this team stands a good chance? Or does it need some tweaking?

arceus03

MixApe usually holds Nasty Plot > Earthquake.

I dunno about Spiritomb. In 3x3 battles, the most reasonable thing to do would be to decimate the opponent as quick as you can. I mean, would you like to use Calm Mind FOR EACH AND EVERY BATTLE? Plus, the chance that the opponents will annoy you in return is very high in Battle Tower. Critical Hits, Double Teamers, OHKO moves, status inducers etc. You don't have someone who can absorb status, at the very least.

Fire Fang > Thunder Fang on Lux.