• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diamonds in the Air - An OU RMT

http://i47.*******.com/zvwjt0.png
~Credit to Aswinp of P4L Forums for the banner~

Hello, and I'm SneaselFTW. I lead a clan and generally post around the competitive section. Enough about me, on with the RMT!
This team is based on Bisharp, a Pokemon I really like and have rarely used competitively before.

625.png

I started off with Bisharp, as the team based on him.
625.png
094.png

I added a Gengar, because he is immune to Fighting and Ground types Bisharp is weak to.
625.png
094.png
479-w.png

I then added Rotom-W, to beat down Fire types that hurt Bisharp.
625.png
094.png
479-w.png
612.png

I then added Haxorus to beat down stuff+late game sweeper.
625.png
094.png
479-w.png
612.png
485.png
212-f.png

After help from Usatoday/Voice of the Forest, I added in a Heatran and Scizor to help sponge fire attacks and for priority respectively. I also get a somewhat Volt-Turn core with Rotom-W and Scizor, which is an added bonus.
625.png
094.png
479-w.png
485.png
462.png
381.png

I then changed Scizor to Magnezone and Haxorus to Latias, with help from my PO tutor Nikitas.

bisharp_by_blazedgo-d41j6d3.png

Bisharp (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Brick Break
Bisharp is the core of this team. EVs and stuff are pretty standard, I use Lefties over LO cos I don't like the recoil. Sucker Punch is STAB+Badass and kicks stuff when they try to kill me. SD is for insane power and nearly definite kills w/ Sucker Punch. Sub lets me live a hit and get a SD boost. Brick Break is filler and beats steels.
gengar.jpg

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Disable
Standard SubDisable Gengar, just without Focus Blast. Shadow Ball is STAB. Giga Drain is used over Focus Miss because healing+accuracy. Substitute so I can take a hit, Disable so I can disable the move used against me.
rotom.png

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
Rotom-W is here to take hits like a champ, and deal them out like a champ. HP Fire is specifically to counter Venasaur, who would murder this team. (I live an unboosted Giga Drain, do more than half back, switch to Scizor, Bullet Punch) Volt Switch is for getting out of there quick, while no good Rotom-W doesn't have Hydro Pump (I think they have to have it. Idk though.) Will-O-Wisp is for burning sweepers and stopping sweeps.
526918-latios.jpg

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick
Latios is a revenge killer, used to beat threats that destroy my team like Salamence, and shut down walls. Draco Meteor is used for power, while Psyshock is used for STAB and the pink blobs. Surf deals with fire pokemon and Trick shuts down aforementioned pink blobs (since they wall my team).
20090105180143!Heatran_en_Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranger_2.png

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
Heatran is used to sponge fire type attacks and help beat Sun teams. This is a standard Specially Defensive set, with standard EVs. Lava Plume is used for the high burn chance, and the accuracy and PP compared to Fire Blast. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, your average hazard move. Roar helps pseud-phazing, and dealing damage w/ SR. Protect is used for scouting and getting moar lefties health.

magnazone_by_dude777777-d5c1cqj.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Magnezone is used for trapping other steels. Choice Scarf gives him a jump unscarfed Terrakion, and deals with other stuff. Volt-Switch lets me get out of there fast and deal damage at the same time. Thunderbolt is the move used for stuff not weak to fire or steel, and that cant touch me back/I outspeed. Flash Cannon helps against unscarfed Terrakion, and deals with other Rock types that beats me like Tyranitar. HP Fire is used for steels; this guys job is to beat them.

So there is the team! I hope you like it, and please rate, give feedback and help make this team better!

Last edited:

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Nice team, Sneasel ;) Good to not see you use Outrage :3 Maybe Dual Chop > Dragon Claw to defeat Sashed pokes, and enabling setup on a sub.
Scizor BBreak > SPower, to not lower your stats. +4 BBreak OHKO's specially defensive Heatran.
You do need to watch out for Mold Breaker EQ's, so put Balloon on Heatran to kill those? And something else on Haxorus, SD > BBreak, to gain speed, and then boost atk even faster.

Nice team, Sneasel ;) Good to not see you use Outrage :3 Maybe Dual Chop > Dragon Claw to defeat Sashed pokes, and enabling setup on a sub.
Scizor BBreak > SPower, to not lower your stats. +4 BBreak OHKO's specially defensive Heatran.
You do need to watch out for Mold Breaker EQ's, so put Balloon on Heatran to kill those? And something else on Haxorus, SD > BBreak, to gain speed, and then boost atk even faster.

Thanks! I have used BalloonTran before, and it doesn't really suit my tastes. I'll consider DChop, but Dclaw is working quit well atm. And I am a fan of only using one boosting move per poke, but ill try that out.
thanks again!

EDIT: biiiig changes. haxorus>latias and scizor>magnezone. editing op now.

Last edited:

McDanger

psyshock>psychic on latios
biggest threat i see is scarfed ttar or banded ttar as he KOes latios which is your main keldeo block, as well as open up holes for terrakion and possibly breloom. Past that i dont see glaring weaknesses

psyshock>psychic on latios
biggest threat i see is scarfed ttar or banded ttar as he KOes latios which is your main keldeo block, as well as open up holes for terrakdanger.ion and possibly breloom. Past that i dont see glaring weaknesses

Thanks mcdanger! Btw, latios has psyshock...
it says in the description. havent updated lati tho prolly. will do now.

McDanger

it said psychic earlier but w/e
oh ya, it you play by smogon tiers, garchomp can KO everyone on the team, if its a sub salac set its even worse, only none OHKO iirc is rotom wash, outrage 2hkos, but sub at +2 is a OHKO iirc, but scarfed set can be predicted and KOed by heatran if trapped in outrage, rotom forces it out if quake, and latios can outspeed it

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Give mag 36 hp and 220 spe.

And please don't use arrows like that, as that signifies greater then or changed to.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Not a bad team you got yerself there, but I notice a few notable flaws.

Firstly, many powerful physical attackers such as Terrakion, Haxorus and Garchomp can pose a massive threat to your team since nothing can switch in safetly. And I mean literally nothing in the case of Haxorus. To try and alleviate this, I'd add Defensive Landorus-T over Heatran. Heatran really gives nothing to your team, whereas Lando can tank physical hits, form a great VoltTurn combo with Rotom-W as well as laying down Stealth Rock and generally being a beast. Sun Teams are no problem since Scarf Latios outspeeds Venusaur in the sun and KOs with Psyshock.

There are a few minor changes I'd implement too. Firstly, go with Focus Blast > Giga Drain since Giga Drain won't do much to anything significant and you should man up about the accuracy :p Also, Iron Head > Brick Break on Bisharp because you don't need Brick Break to deal with steels since you have Magnezone on your team and Iron Head is a solid STAB and will help stop people messing with your head as far as Sucker Punch is concerned. Also, Pain Split > HP Fire on Rotom-W since, as I said, Sun Teams are no problem, and Rotom really needs Pain Split to act as recovery.

Lando Set:

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant / Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

May the Ninja be with you.

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
I think scizor was better on your team....
A scarfed haxorus kinda kinda destroys you with earthquake, since all your immunities to ground are ability based, mold breaker leaves your team with 5 pokemon weak to ground, 2 of them doubly so.

Which means, that if your opponent takes out latios and has a scarf haxorus, you're done. and even if he doesn't kill latios before hand, you'll be losing at least 1 pokemon everytime haxorus comes in.

Landorus-T seems like a decent counter.

EDIT: ninja'd

Last edited:
Not a bad team you got yerself there, but I notice a few notable flaws.

Firstly, many powerful physical attackers such as Terrakion, Haxorus and Garchomp can pose a massive threat to your team since nothing can switch in safetly. And I mean literally nothing in the case of Haxorus. To try and alleviate this, I'd add Defensive Landorus-T over Heatran. Heatran really gives nothing to your team, whereas Lando can tank physical hits, form a great VoltTurn combo with Rotom-W as well as laying down Stealth Rock and generally being a beast. Sun Teams are no problem since Scarf Latios outspeeds Venusaur in the sun and KOs with Psyshock.

There are a few minor changes I'd implement too. Firstly, go with Focus Blast > Giga Drain since Giga Drain won't do much to anything significant and you should man up about the accuracy :p Also, Iron Head > Brick Break on Bisharp because you don't need Brick Break to deal with steels since you have Magnezone on your team and Iron Head is a solid STAB and will help stop people messing with your head as far as Sucker Punch is concerned. Also, Pain Split > HP Fire on Rotom-W since, as I said, Sun Teams are no problem, and Rotom really needs Pain Split to act as recovery.

Lando Set:

May the Ninja be with you.

Thanks for the rate dew =)
I'll test out Landy. I've used a set on him before and it was excellent *insert Mr Burns picture here*

I'm considering changing to sub+3 attacks Gengar, so I can have both FB and GD.
As for Brick Break on Bisharp, it has been working extremely well, and it is fun to see steels come in to try and set up die, with me keeping my potential sub and boost.

I think scizor was better on your team....
A scarfed haxorus kinda kinda destroys you with earthquake, since all your immunities to ground are ability based, mold breaker leaves your team with 5 pokemon weak to ground, 2 of them doubly so.

Which means, that if your opponent takes out latios and has a scarf haxorus, you're done. and even if he doesn't kill latios before hand, you'll be losing at least 1 pokemon everytime haxorus comes in.

Landorus-T seems like a decent counter.

EDIT: ninja'd

Preeeetty sure Latios outspeeds, since scarf.

Atrocious

But like he said, Mold Breaker Haxorus will KO everything on the team meaning you'll basically be sacrificing a Pokemon every time it enters the field since everything but Latios (I think) is OHKO'd by Earthquake and even then, Latios won't like to come into one.

Damn, now that I think of it, I basically said the same exact thing -.-....

But like he said, Mold Breaker Haxorus will KO everything on the team meaning you'll basically be sacrificing a Pokemon every time it enters the field since everything but Latios (I think) is OHKO'd by Earthquake and even then, Latios won't like to come into one.

Damn, now that I think of it, I basically said the same exact thing -.-....

As I say, need to test out Landy.
Out of curiosity, what is Scarf haxxy's usage stats anyway?

Atrocious

Not sure, pretty sure DD Haxorus is the most common, then Band Haxorus capable of OHKOing every member of your team. I'll check usage stats if you'd like. If for some odd reason you happen to be really sleepy and allow Haxorus to get to +2/2, just...I guess take it like a champ lol.

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
As I say, need to test out Landy.
Out of curiosity, what is Scarf haxxy's usage stats anyway?

Probably low, but If a DD haxxy sets up on you, you're in even deeper $hit, and if it ever sets up a 2nd DD it's gg for you :/.
Even if latios outspeeds, you can't switch him into haxxy, so it's just a check, not a real counter, and if he sees you immediatly switch in, your opponent should realize it's scarfed and switch out, unless he underestimates your wits, or is very stupid.