• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (M17)

nuzamaki90

Yeah so apparently through illegal means, about 30 minutes of the movie is up and honestly Yveltal's rampage is not what I was expecting in a Pokemon movie.

Like seriously, during the sequence where Miris and her dad fly in their airship and attack Yveltal, he dodges every single missile and literally slams into the plane and blasts them on the spot. The whole sequence is pretty dark. I wasn't expecting this at all.

This movie is looking like a 10/10 blockbuster

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Maybe I'm missing some info, but was there really so much hype for a Xerneas VS Yveltal fight?

Well they are meant to be opposing forces (life vs. death), so some of us assumed that they'd have a big showdown in the movie, but apparently that didn't happen the way I expected. It's my own fault for actually expecting something cool though. :p

Last edited:

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
I think its just assumed at this point that the main Legendaries will fight at some point each generation. Its been a while since I've seen the Rise of Darkrai, but was there a good explanation as to why Dialga and Palkia were fighting? I mean, I guess it makes sense in Xerneas and Yveltal's case, because being the force of life, you would expect Xerneas to be the one to refuse to fight. But still, it was a bit of a letdown.

Edit: Okay, I just watched the 30 minute clip, and the way they handled the Xerneas and Yveltal situation wasn't awful.

Yveltal was about to fire an Oblivion Wing at Ash and Co, when Xerneas blasted away the attack with what I think was either Ice Beam or a very strange looking Moonblast. They fired the attacks again, creating an explosion, when Xerneas calmed Yveltal. It wasn't an all-out battle, but at least they exchanged some attacks.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

I think its just assumed at this point that the main Legendaries will fight at some point each generation. Its been a while since I've seen the Rise of Darkrai, but was there a good explanation as to why Dialga and Palkia were fighting? I mean, I guess it makes sense in Xerneas and Yveltal's case, because being the force of life, you would expect Xerneas to be the one to refuse to fight. But still, it was a bit of a letdown.

Edit: Okay, I just watched the 30 minute clip, and the way they handled the Xerneas and Yveltal situation wasn't awful.

Yeah, but it was in the Arceus movie. Arceus beginning to awake caused disruptions in time and space leading to Palkia and the Unowns thinking Dialga was messing with their dimension and vice versa.

And yeah, the fight wasn't by any means awful, just not as hype as the movie trailers seemed to suggest. At least they fought and reached an understanding without causing the third wheel to wake up and start rampaging too.

vice-san

who had seen the movie, how is the soundtrack? there are music from the xy animé?

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Yeah so apparently through illegal means, about 30 minutes of the movie is up and honestly Yveltal's rampage is not what I was expecting in a Pokemon movie.

Like seriously, during the sequence where Miris and her dad fly in their airship and attack Yveltal, he dodges every single missile and literally slams into the plane and blasts them on the spot. The whole sequence is pretty dark. I wasn't expecting this at all.

This movie is looking like a 10/10 blockbuster

It would've been far more superior to have the father and daughter consume that Oblivion Wing before Diancie evolves. It is I feel if it so, then it increases the tension, for Ash's group is now all alone and none can now contend against Yveltal other than Diancie and its Mega Evolution, which should also fail, at which point Xerneas appears and brings them salvation.

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Do they show the result of Ash and Ayakas battle? I hope she appears in the anime again, I wanted her to have a role in the movie, but I guess not.

Do they show the result of Ash and Ayakas battle? I hope she appears in the anime again, I wanted her to have a role in the movie, but I guess not.

It ends with Astrid's M-Absol beating Ash's Hawlucha, or so I read in a summary. I hope she appears again as well. I really like her character.

taran47

Eevee Trainer
So my main question now is, what was the deal with that promotional poster highlighting the various mega evolutions? Unless I've missed something, most of those weren't even in the movie.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So my main question now is, what was the deal with that promotional poster highlighting the various mega evolutions? Unless I've missed something, most of those weren't even in the movie.

It was just a poster used to build hype like most initial movie posters and nothing more apparently. :x

diakyu

They were meant to confirm megas would be in the movie in some way. It was never said the megas on the poster were in the movie.

JD

Does Xerneas also use telepathy?

Edit: I just noticed it has a VA I guess it does then?

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Just a question; Did Greninja & Delphox have a VA? Also i'd like to know the attacks used by both of them.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.