• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (M17)

MountNittany

They haven't announced air dates for other countries yet, have they? I know for the past few movies they revealed the dates mid September then aired the movies in December (with the exception of M16 which was in October). Just making sure I haven't missed any information.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They haven't announced air dates for other countries yet, have they? I know for the past few movies they revealed the dates mid September then aired the movies in December (with the exception of M16 which was in October). Just making sure I haven't missed any information.

There's a good chance they'll show this movie around the time when we get the Diancie event.

diakyu

Watching it now and the voice acting on Diancie is pretty good. Not familiar with the actor but I heard she was popular.

Moonlight Starlight

I have my being recorded so I will be watching my during dinner time or later tonight.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
11 minutes in and I'm already more entertained than I was with that stupid Keledo movie, and that's a really good thing.

About the Diancie voice I'm over it now, it's really not that bad.

diakyu

They didn't have the full opening in the intro, just an instrumental. Froakie and Hawlucha get their butt beat. Very cool intro this time since it combines both Ash vs Astrid and the thieves going after Diancie.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They didn't have the full opening in the intro, just an instrumental.
That's the one thing I was looking forward to with this movie & they ruined it. Yet another reason to hate the dub

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
The opening battle scene was just amazing, seriously why couldn't we see this type of effort in the battles all the time? Granted the battles in XY are already good, the opening theme being lyric less was fine with me cause I hated the normal version. The BGM is pretty good this time around and the voice acting is a bit better than the normal episodes as well. So basically, so far so good .

diakyu

Suddenly Inkay.

The animation in this is simply amazing. I wasn't expecting it to look any better than the last movie. And I've noticed some stuff has been cut or they editing is terrible. I'm willing to bet it's the former since they've been way to abrupt. Sucks since on of these parts were Diantha vs Wikistrom in the intro.

Last edited:

Kuvario

Because the anime is generally low budget?

Explain to me how the Sinnoh League battles and the Gym Leader battles in XY are so well done then?

Suddenly Inkay.

The animation in this is simply amazing. I wasn't expecting it to look any better than the last movie. And I've noticed some stuff has been cut or they editing is terrible. I'm willing to bet it's the former since they've been way to abrupt. Sucks since on of these parts were Diantha vs Wikistrom in the intro.

I haven't noticed anything that looks specifically cut, and if it is, chances are is that they had to make time for the rest of the trashy programs on CN. Was that scene changed? It didn't look like that but it was odd that they didn't even speak.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Explain to me how the Sinnoh League battles and the Gym Leader battles in XY are so well done then?

They simply spend more time for those but even then, said flashier battles only happen during the most important times.

Also, they like to overuse sphere moves for a reason, and then they like to repeat the same move animation with the flashy background.

diakyu

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Movies always tend to have bigger budgets than the actual weekday anime does, so it's gonna look really pretty.

I don't think I've seen too many animes that last long with animation styles like this.

Last edited:

Kuvario

Hope you noticed that one when they were approaching Xerneas. It was awful.

The movie does feel like it's paced faster, but I haven't seen the Japanese original to figure out what's wrong. But the dub's BGM and voice acting is actually not terrible this time so that much pleases me.

But as for the movie itself, I'm really enjoying it. I honestly think that this movie is easily one of the better ones for sure. Diancie's character doesn't feel spoiled or forced IMO, Ash is also great here, Clemont is also pretty good, Serena was great in the Rhyhorn scene and Bonnie is more tolerable here. The villains are also cool, especially Millis Steel, I think that's her name. Team Rocket are also decent enough here IMO.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I haven't noticed anything that looks specifically cut, and if it is, chances are is that they had to make time for the rest of the trashy programs on CN.
I think they did cut the scene where Serena, Bonnie, & Diancie were trying all those different outfits

But as for the movie itself, I'm really enjoying it. I honestly think that this movie is easily one of the better ones for sure. Diancie's character doesn't feel spoiled or forced IMO, Ash is also great here, Clemont is also pretty good, Serena was great in the Rhyhorn scene and Bonnie is more tolerable here. The villains are also cool, especially Millis Steel, I think that's her name. Team Rocket are also decent enough here IMO.
In my opinion, this movie has three problems with it:
  1. They didn't include a full version of the "Gotta Catch'em All" remix
  2. The dub dialogue still sounds a little choppy and odd
  3. They gave Xerneas a female VA, which now makes Fairy types look even more girl than people originally thought when X & Y first came out

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I think they did cut the scene where Serena, Bonnie, & Diancie were trying all those different outfits

In my opinion, this movie has three problems with it:
  1. They didn't include a full version of the "Gotta Catch'em All" remix
  2. The dub dialogue still sounds a little choppy and odd
  3. They gave Xerneas a female VA, which now makes Fairy types look even more girl than people originally thought when X & Y first came out
If they did they didn't cut much, I saw them wearing the outfits...

diakyu

I'm loving it right now. I can see it being one of my favorites once the full version is out on DVD.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They didn't, the whole scene was there, every single outfit. Some other parts like diakyu mentioned were cut for the broadcast version, I can expect them to be added back in the DVD release.
I don't think so, I remember seeing on the Internet that one of the outfits they had on were swimsuits & a few other outfits, & I didn't see them included in the sequence
http://37.media.tumblr.com/ec6ced95f22dd3b5dd4fab0fd5f0f657/tumblr_n9x5l4T9To1r2en1ko2_500.jpg