• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (M17)

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I don't think so, I remember seeing on the Internet that one of the outfits they had on were swimsuits & a few other outfits, & I didn't see them included in the sequence
http://37.media.tumblr.com/ec6ced95f22dd3b5dd4fab0fd5f0f657/tumblr_n9x5l4T9To1r2en1ko2_500.jpg

They didn't have the swimsuits scene but otherwise, they had everything in. And besides why would a cut swimsuit scene that doesn't add to the movie be that much of a flaw considering there are more problems with the actual dub?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They didn't have the swimsuits scene but otherwise, they had everything in. And besides why would a cut swimsuit scene that doesn't add to the movie be that much of a flaw considering there are more problems with the actual dub?
I didn't consider that a flaw, personally I don't have a problem with that whatsoever. It's the other three things I mentioned that I had a problem with
  1. They didn't include a full version of the "Gotta Catch'em All" remix with lyrics
  2. The dub dialogue still sounded a little choppy and odd at times
  3. They gave Xerneas a female VA, which now makes Fairy types look even more feminine than people originally thought when X & Y first came out

Last edited:

diakyu

And besides why would a cut swimsuit scene that doesn't add to the movie be that much of a flaw considering there are more problems with the actual dub?
Because it wasn't just that one scene? The scene with Argus talking to his daughter clearly had some shoddy editing done to it, the part of the intro I mentioned, and when they were approaching Xerneas. But these are all just problems with the broadcast version.

And I'm not sure what problems the dub has with this movie. The casting is pretty good and the script isn't cringe-worthy. A success in my book.

And there's the scene with Yveltal and the airship. For some reason it's much more impactful than when he's just firing lasers at people on the ground.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well then...

The dub wasn't as bad as I thought, story cuts and like is all for broadcast time and really isn't a valid complaint because DVD release.

As for the movie itself, much better than Keldeo and Genesect's movies at least.

It kinda bored me halfway through but other than that, it wasn't bad.

7/10 decent

MountNittany

I'm kind of upset they didn't use the Japanese soundtrack, which they usually do in the movies. Overall it was good, though. Better than last year's IMO.

diakyu

Extremely good movie. The voicework was excellent (for Pokemon's standards). Diancie's character never came off as lame or useless. All the main characters got to do things and the antagonists were always on the chase.

Really my only problem were the cuts (a non-issue once the DVDs come out) and the instrumental opening. The world of Pokemon intro gave me shivers but that always happens. It tells me I'm watching a Pokemon movie and that I better gear up.

Vernikova

Champion
The cuts and the music made the movie nearly unbearable for me. Other than those, it was a rather average Pokemon movie.

diakyu

Say what you will about TR in the regular series, but I found them quite enjoyable here. They showed up just enough but didn't barge in on any of the important parts (and them succeeding with a potato sack where the other thieves couldn't was hilarious). It was also the first time since The Voice of the Forest that one of their non-jokemon showed up (Inkay). Shame they didn't get to fight and Pumpkaboo wasn't shown, he would've looked so cute in the pile of diamonds.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I like how they did a reverse 1st Pokémon movie with having Pikachu get turned to stone as Ash and co. watch emotionally. (then he is healed 5 minutes later)

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I hate that I can't see the movie because of the B.S. that's going on with Dish Network and I can't get any other cable company around me at least for a while.. FML

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I like how they did a reverse 1st Pokémon movie with having Pikachu get turned to stone as Ash and co. watch emotionally. (then he is healed 5 minutes later)

They should have just gone full homage and bring him back with the power of tears, I would have rated the film higher because of that.

diakyu

They should have just gone full homage and bring him back with the power of tears, I would have rated the film higher because of that.
It would go against what Ash said to Diancie about crying solving nothing. Which is ironic coming from the kid that tears up in most of the movies.

Silmiss

Dream Trainer
"Cmon cmon pleaaase don't revive the thieves or team rocket this could solve everythin-" *Xerneas revives everyone*

Proof that Xerneas is evil.

diakyu

Platina2000

I'm surprised the dub even had it's own background music for the movie (haven't had that happen since Pokemon 3). I'm stuck in the middle of liking it, and wishing they'd left the music alone. I seriously can't choose. Most likely, the music is for the TV broadcast seeing that they've cut some scenes out. I have to admit, though, the dub's music where Pikachu was frozen made the scene much more emotional compared to the Japanese one, at least in my opinion. That's one thing I prefer over the original.

Anyhoo, love the movie, even though Yvetal and Xerneas had short appearances.

Vipsoccermaster

Decent movie there. Everything about it was pretty good. Kind of hilarious how the two thieves stuck together after they realized it was over for them...now they're probably gonna marry each other. And it's a nice throwback from the first movie on what happened to Pikachu at the end of the movie (but other way around).

So yeah, decent movie.

Torpoleon

I thought it was cool that they played the Sinnoh Gym Leader music for Wikstrom VS Diantha. The entire time during that scene I was like "Sinnoh Confirmed!" I wish they used lyrics for the main theme though!