• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (M17)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
The credits are actually an important part of the movie in this movie so i dont why they were cut.

MattySadler

Could somebody do me a big favour and briefly summarise this movie for me please?

Basically what I want to know is: what the problem is, how Ash and co get roped into it, what they do to solve the problem, and what happens at the end.

Greatly appreciated.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Could somebody do me a big favour and briefly summarise this movie for me please?

Basically what I want to know is: what the problem is, how Ash and co get roped into it, what they do to solve the problem, and what happens at the end.

Greatly appreciated.

Diancie's country of gems is dying due to a giant gem energy reactor starting to go out. She needs training to restore its power and is told to go on a journey to find Xerneas who can give her enough power to do it.

She immediately gets assaulted by multiple villains, where during one chance the HEROES notice this and help her out. Insta-friends!

Friendship scenes, Diancie literally makes her own Mega Stone without realizing, girls go shopping, more chasing scenes, plot gets a little serious, they find Xerneas but she (voiced by a female) says Diancie can do it without a power boost.

More conflict arises. She gets kidnapped by one of the three movie villains. Xerneas' location happened to coincidentally be the resting place of Yveltal, who awakens after the villains all end up coincidentally at its resting spot inside a huge, glaring hole in the ground. LET'S HAVE A BATTLE IN THERE!

Yveltal awakens, turns nearly everyone into stone, Pikachu too just to make kids cry at the same level as Ash turning into stone in movie 1 but quite doesn't reach that level at all because viewers are really smart to know this won't last for too long, Diancie Mega Evolves without a trainer (presumably Bonnie) and fights back only to fail (ha ha), Xerneas comes in and calms Yveltal down. Everything is restored back to the way it was. Xerneas and Yveltal part ways to unknown locations. Diancie restores power to the country and we're treated to a final shot of the Mega Stone she made sporting the symbol inside. THE END.

Last edited:

MattySadler

Diancie's country of gems is dying due to a giant gem energy reactor starting to go out. She needs training to restore its power and is told to go on a journey to find Xerneas who can give her enough power to do it.

She immediately gets assaulted by multiple villains, where during one chance the HEROES notice this and help her out. Insta-friends!

Friendship scenes, Diancie literally makes her own Mega Stone without realizing, girls go shopping, more chasing scenes, plot gets a little serious, they find Xerneas but she (voiced by a female) says Diancie can do it without a power boost.

More conflict arises. She gets kidnapped by one of the three movie villains. Xerneas' location happened to coincidentally be the resting place of Yveltal, who awakens after the villains all end up coincidentally at its resting spot inside a huge, glaring hole in the ground. LET'S HAVE A BATTLE IN THERE!

Yveltal awakens, turns nearly everyone into stone, Pikachu too just to make kids cry at the same level as Ash turning into stone in movie 1 but quite doesn't reach that level at all because viewers are really smart to know this won't last for too long, Diancie Mega Evolves without a trainer (presumably Bonnie) and fights back only to fail (ha ha), Xerneas comes in and calms Yveltal down. Everything is restored back to the way it was. Xerneas and Yveltal part ways to unknown locations. Diancie restores power to the country and we're treated to a final shot of the Mega Stone she made sporting the symbol inside. THE END.

Haha, perfect and surprisingly quick. Thanks very much!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Finally got to watch this movie in its entirety, and it wasn't bad for an XY movie. Much better than the BW movies so far.

It's cool that Astrid appears to battle Ash at the beginning, since we saw her from the first Mega Evolution special. Still hope Ash meets Alain at some point.

Diancie sounded good, and the story wasn't too hard to follow. It was heart warming throughout the moments with Ash and friends alongside Diancie. Their symbol of friendship was great, and it was enriching to see them adventure through the movie together.

The villains were interesting, and were quite a threat to their extent. Team Rocket were actually enjoyable here, too.

At the end, it was heart warming to see that the diamond Bonnie kept was a key stone between the heroes and Diancie. Which helped it mega evolve during the confrontation with Yveltal. Very nice placement there, and to leave it at the end like that.

Good movie. Not the best, but it stands as a memorable one.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I watched the movie today.

It was pretty nice, although it felt rushed. Everything escalated so quickly without proper development. I didn't expected this movie to be grandiose, but still, I was hoping for something more... rich.

Diancie's princess attitude was really cute, I must admit. But the whole Yveltal problematic was so bad... It almost wasn't threatening. Just remember how awful the situation in Alamos Town back in the Darkrai movie; you actually felt the desperation. In this one ? Not really.
I really didn't expect Millis and Argus to be villains, though, so that was a nice twist (but I trusted you, Millis :'()! And the relationship between Marylin and Riot was quite adorable.

A good movie overall, but it could've been much better.

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Some are saying that the DVD has the same short airing of the movie that was on CN when it first premiered. Is there any truth to that? If so i'll skip buying this movie then like i skipped buying the Genesect one

Shadowchaos5150

Some are saying that the DVD has the same short airing of the movie that was on CN when it first premiered. Is there any truth to that? If so i'll skip buying this movie then like i skipped buying the Genesect one

That depends on what the original Japanese version's run-time was. Apparently the CN airing of M17 was only 01:06:00 in total (didn't watch the CN version), and the DVD (Why don't we have blu-rays for Pokemon yet?) version's run-time is 01:15:38 with approximately 5 minutes devoted to credits alone. If the Original version was longer than that, then yes something is still missing from the film. I wouldn't try counting the "Klefki Special" as we sadly stopped getting those at the end of the Advanced era.

I want to ask, if the Carbink and Diancie can float... THEN WHY DO THEY NEED TO HOP?! It's probably the only thing that just flat out bothered me in the film, and as far as the "not-battle" between Xerneas and Yveltal? Didn't expect a battle between them anyway, I expected a fight between Diancie and Yveltal. I feel like if they were gonna turn Pikachu to stone, then it should have happened right as Yveltal attacked and not 30 seconds before Xerneas decides to heal everyone... Overall though? I'd say this movie was better than Genesect's flick, and as far as the credits theme? There's NO contest! "Open My Eyes" is MUCH better than "We're Coming Home".

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
as i thought, the subbed version looks better to watch to me

but i don't know why some scenes are still cut, like the one yveltal blowing ash and serena - i didn't see that in the sub for some reasons

but then i got to saw uschi's cameo so i think its still all good

then for the end credits

- i didn't expect a proposal has happen in the end between marilyn and ninja riot - wow just wow =)

Shiny Rokon

I heard they changed nearly the entire soundtrack/background music from the original?! This is incredibly disappointing since they haven't done that since the 3rd movie & I always enjoy the music in the Japanese pokemon movies...

izmir

According to bulbapedia Alain made an appearance in the movie. I watched the movie but I didn't see Alain, somebody can point me the part where he appears?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
According to bulbapedia Alain made an appearance in the movie. I watched the movie but I didn't see Alain, somebody can point me the part where he appears?
Bulbapedia is wrong all the time and should never be used as a primary source.
What He Said

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

what? no, i don't think he appears only astrid/ayaka does

Ozonne

What I liked about this movie was the pretty art. :3

But what frustrates me is the sheer amount of talking Pokemon...I don't understand why the Carbink were able to talk...LOL, I guess that's common now since I don't think Ash and co. were even very surprised at that xDD I feel like Pokemon has more charm to it when the audience gets to see the Pokemon's actions and not get get spoon-fed everything...I know this is a kid's movie, but the older movies never had this much talking Pokemon and it was still great xD

The most frustrating thing to me was when Xerneas was able to talk. Is this Digimon? xD Xerneas to me at first was some benevolent and mysterious Pokemon, but as soon as I realized it could talk, in my eyes it turned into a sadist deer that watched Diancie tumble down a hill and get all scratched up before stopping her with its foot.

All in all, it was a very flashy movie, although sadly it's definitely not one of my favorites TT w TT

Yeah, this movie just flopped lol. Not enough fighting for my liking and the way that they used the legendary pokemon was bleh Yveltal was pretty much a senseless mongol that only knew to destroy (I mean in a sense that is right, but you know what I mean) Xerneas was teased wayyy too much kand we didn't get much of him and once we did he "died". Also, how the hell did they not recognize Xerneas, I mean they just saw him in the summer camp episode and they already forget? Yeah good job producers. i

Overall, movie had me interested, but it was pretty ***.
3/10

(Hoopa better be great lol)

AshSerena

as i thought, the subbed version looks better to watch to me

but i don't know why some scenes are still cut, like the one yveltal blowing ash and serena - i didn't see that in the sub for some reasons

but then i got to saw uschi's cameo so i think its still all good

then for the end credits

- i didn't expect a proposal has happen in the end between marilyn and ninja riot - wow just wow =)

they not really cutting any scene from the movie, it just what we saw on Trailer of this movie is kinda abit different on the real one, so i think they not using any scene from trailer/preview on actual footage of the movie,

like what i notice today of Movie 18, during the Preview or Trailer, we saw Ash got possessed by the Dark/Shadow Hoopa ,and we saw the camera closed up to Clemont Bonnie and Serena calling Ash Name, but in actual movie, did not saw that scene, also we saw in preview/trailer that Legendary is destroying the town during morning but in actual footage of the movie, its alread Night, and last thing we saw on trailer/preview of the movie that Team Rocket Saying "Its Legendary Festival" or something and they hugging, it also not on the actual footage but they said the script "Its Legendary Festival"

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I have this movie on DVD, and I enjoyed it. Diancie herself is a great example of how a "princess in distress" character ought to be done, since that kind of character is hard to not make generic. I did think this movie was better when it was taking place in the city. Once they got to the forest, it went a bit downhill for me. Irregardless, I still liked this movie.

Oh, and about the dub replacing the soundtrack: I don't think it harmed the movie at all. I think the new music fit just as well as the original, and to me, that's all that matters. And in general, if the dub has to change something, I'd rather it be music, as opposed to something more important like story or characters. After all, the first movie's dub was an unfaithful one not because of music changing, but because Mewtwo was rewritten from suffering an existential crisis to being a standard vengeful villain.

diakyu

So do the DVD release in english have the scenes they cut in the broadcast? I watched the tv version and I really want to see it again, but I don't want to get the DVD unless it has those scenes.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Here is my take on her movie. Finally, she is the central character! Not silly Ash and company (mister here is taking a support position instead.). They overdosed themselves on the spotlight. You see, I honestly see the Pokemon movies truly make the Represented pokemon the true main characters and make them more human than the rest of the human casts. The way this movie did it made me so happy for I favor the actual pokemon being the main casts than the humans. Al we need is the Buckingham Palace and her being there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but which of the existing movies have the highlighted legendary pokemon be the true central character?

For me, Diancie, Celebi, Darkrai, and Keldeo's movies had been the ones I see where Ash is a minor thing.

Two movie throwbacks in here? Cool. Jirachi and Mew should had been here for some reason. But oh well.

For Diancie, I greatly remember Mulan. Diancie is so much the Mulan of her movie while the human casts of Ash and company are like the three soldiers that liked Mulan / Ping. That means Dais the Carbink is maybe the Chinese General Shang. Yveltal plays the Huns leader while Xerneas as the Chinese Emperor.

Wel, now I have another contender for all time favorite pokemon. Jirachi here my girl is being contested.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just watched it and yet still not the movie I think is the best and neither the worst, too. I kinda liked Diancie's character, being a bit clueless and cheeky in the start and getting its act together in the end but at least she retained her cheekiness. I found it funny when TR became turned to stone because of Yveltal's Oblivion Wing and I didn't expect Pikachu to be turned into stone but I did expect Xerneas to revert him to his original state.