• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (M17)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

Once upon a time, the "Great Destruction" took place, eradicating all life in the Kalos region. The Great Destruction was brought upon by Yveltal, the "Destruction Pokémon" said to rob everything of life. After destroying everything, Yveltal turned into a "Cocoon of Destruction", in which form it still sleeps today. When this Great Destruction took place, the only one rivaling Yveltal's power was Xerneas, the "Life Pokémon". Xerneas was said to bestow life to people and Pokémon. Now, the journey to meet with these two grand legendary Pokémon of the Kalos region begins...
"Diamond Ore Country." The land where the "Jewel Pokémon" Carbink live in peace and prosperity. It is located deep underground, and no one knows its exact location. In this country, a giant diamond known as the "Sacred Diamond" can be found... For ages, the Sacred Diamond has played the role of an important energy resource, which keeps the ore country going. The only being with the power to create this type of diamond is princess Diancie herself. However, Diancie does not yet possess this power. And... time is starting to run out. The Sacred Diamond's lifespan is about to run out. When that happens, the beautiful ore country is going to perish! Having encountered Ash and Pikachu, Diancie sets out on a journey to save her country; a journey in search of the "Life Pokémon" Xerneas, seeking its sacred power.
On their way, they get attacked by the female thief "Marilyn Flame" and the ninja thief "Ninja Riot", who seek Diancie's power to create diamonds. Diancie gets into really big trouble when the Rocket Gang gets involved as well!! However, they get saved by the mysterious father and daughter duo Algus and Miriss, who suddenly show up, and somehow manage to continue onward.
And Diancie, who has lived her entire life as a princess, feels what friendship is for the very first time, growing a bit in the process... The group continues onwards, guided by the Fairy Aura Xerneas emits, until they eventually reach the forbidden Alearth Woods, where all life was once eradicated.

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

(Note: This thread is not for speculation. If you haven't seen the movie yourself, limit your posts to direct replies to reports from those who have.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Part 1.

Forgive me for using Japanese Character names.

- Opening shows Champion Karne(Diantha) Vs Elite 4 Ganpi(Wikstrom). Ganpi uses Mega Scizor and Karne uses Mega Gardevoir. Karne defeats Wikstrom EASILY

- Satoshi battles Ayaka from Mega Evolution during the opening.
Pikachu vs Pyroar; Froakie Vs Meowstic; Hawlucha vs Mega Absol

- Diancie is being chased start from the opening.

- Eureka proposes Ayaka for her brother after the battle.

- Satoshi saves Diancie from Ninja Marilyn and manages to run away from them

- Diancie gets captured by Team Rocket while having a dinner with Satoshi group at the restaurant.

- Diancie attempts to escape after making pile of Diamonds to distract Team Rocket.

- Diacie is unable to escape because gate is locked, but Millis busts the door open with Chesnaught and lets her escape. Diancie eventually reunits with Satoshi group.

- TR gets devastated after Diamonds that Diancie made disappoeared. It turned out that Diancie can't use her skill well enough. She is seeking Xerneas' fairy aura, which will boost up her fairy strength.

- Everyone then decides to go look for Xerneas together.

More to follow....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Karne defeats Wikstrom EASILY

Not surprising in the least tbh seeing as Champions are invincible and all. At least Mega Scizor was used by Wikstrom and not someone else.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Darn it diancie, if those diamonds hadn't vanished TR could have used them to get rich and abandon their asinine quest to capture pikachu....

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Please note this rule:

(Note: This thread is not for speculation. If you haven't seen the movie yourself, limit your posts to direct replies to reports from those who have.)

If you haven't personally seen the movie, please don't throw around unsourced statements. Also, no speculation, please. This thread will be strictly moderated to keep misinformation out.

Last edited:

TimerRabbit

Espurr Trainer!
Newcomer here! (I can't find the Intro forums, sorry about that!) I herd about the movie and claim that Ayaka owns a Meowstic.... Silly reason to be here I know, but I never imagined a Pokemon movie getting myself hyped!

In short: I know this post may be pointless, but I just want to express that I am looking forward to see it whenever it was available for our eyes! ^^;

Janovy

Banned
Dogasu also posted his summary of the movie, for those who are curious.

Dogasu said:
Ayaka, in addition to having a Mega Absol, also battles with a male Kaenjishi and a male Nyaonyx. I also don't remember Ayaka actually having any speaking parts but I could be mistaken.
Wow, more Pokémon for Ayaka, I find that great. Fitting, too.

Dogasu said:
Almost all our heroes' pokemon get to battle at one point or another in this movie. Satoshi uses his Keromatsu a few times, his Luchabre during the battle against Ayaka (and then it's used a lot to help him fly at various points during the rest of the movie), Serena's Fokko and Citron's Harimaron battle against Riot's Gekkouga...even Eureka's Dedenne gets a chance to help. The only pokemon who aren't used in this film are Satoshi's Hinoyakoma, Citron's Horubbi, and Musashi's Bakeccha.
This is actually great to her, glad Serena and Clemont help out too.

Dogasu said:
When Riot and Marilyn turn back to normal, Marilyn kisses Riot on his cheek, much to his surprise.
Wow, actual kiss on the cheek? In a Pokemon movie? Wow.

Dogasu said:
Later, we see Mega Diancie back at the Diamond Ore Kingdom making a new Sacred Diamond. The kingdom is saved! Diancie thanks Satoshi and everyone for all their help. Eureka's Dedenne pops out of her pochet with the diamond that Diancie had given to Eureka earlier in the movie; it looks like it didn't disappear like all the others! Our heroes return the diamond to Diancie, saying that it's a symbol of their friendship, and Diancie says she'll take good care of it. The movie ends with the camera zooming into the diamond, revealing a Mega Evolution symbol.
Diancie created its own Mega Stone? I wonder if it's an ability unique to herself or if she can create stones for others too..

Dogasu said:
During the end credits we find out what happens to the thieves who were after Diancie. Millis and Algus are working at a chocolatier (Algus has a problem eating the free samples!) while Marilyn works at a clothing store. Riot shows up in the store with a nice suit and goes up to Marilyn, gets down on one knee, and presents her with an engagement ring. Marilyn smiles.
An engagement? Between the two villains? WHAT? ...that actually sounds kinda nice.

Graham Aker

Wow, actual kiss on the cheek? In a Pokemon movie? Wow.

What is Melody? What is "Bianca"?

Not the first time this has happened lol. Or that romance has been in the movies. :p

Sounds like a good movie overall though. Looking forward to watching it.

Janovy

Banned
Not the first time this has happened lol. Or that romance has been in the movies. :p
Yes, but it's been a while since it happened haha. Seems like they're going back to romance. xD

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I have a couple of question (mainly aimed to pK', but anyone who has watched the movie or have reports from watching the movie can try to answer).

Question 1: Is Ayaka speaking in the movie at all? Dogasu doesn't remember that although he can't confirm it.
Question 2: When Yveltal turn the charactrers and Pokemon into stone, what Pokemon/Character aren't turned into stone in any moments during the movie
Question 3: Has the atack oblivion Wing (Death Wing) being named in the movie at all?
Question 4: Has Ash seen the outfits that Serena, Eureka and Diancie are wearing in some point of the movie?
question 5 (added): How long the movie lasts?

I don't have more question about the movie for now.

About other things that Dogasu posted and aren't mentioned.
The movie is very close to the manga adaptation. Dogasu only comments on parts that aren't covered in the manga adaptation
The soundtrack used when Diantha battles Wilkstrom (MGardevoir vs MScizor) is the DP Gym Battle music.
There aren't a showdoen between Xerneas and Yveltal in the movie.

Last edited:

ArtFenix

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Not movie related persay, but there was no ORAS trailer with this movie? I mean, usually the games that are coming get something special from the movies.
\