• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I used to think Garbodor was all-around terrible. My views on it have improved after witnessing its might and great Weak Armor ability in the Rental Tournament

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Oshawott family I though they were weak because of how they looked but then I used it as my starter in B2 and fell in love with its strength.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
nuzlockes that's what really changes my experience for them

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
I used to dislike Psyduck, until the episode in the anime where it focuses on it's headache issue. Now, I REALLY dislike it.

meismadatyou

Johto League Master
Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat. In Pokemon Platinum, I used a Zubat/Golbat/Crobat through the ENTIRE game. I beat the Elite 4, and I looked at its stat page and said "met at lv.2" it never hit me how much I liked that pokemon untill I realized it helped me beat the game.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
The anime changed my views towards Meloetta. I thought Meloetta was meh, but then it showed up with that awesome voice in the anime.

Also, when members here have avatars of Pokemon sprites, whenever I see the sprite ingame I think of that member. With two members banned with Shaymin sky forme avatars, I'm now preferring to use land forme..

zozo

SLIMED!
Well, I always disliked Ambipom. I thought it was a particularly hideous pokemon. But, I decided to try an experiment with it, because it seemed to suit my purposes.
That experiment failed and I ended up disliking it more.
However, then I modified the one I bred a little and tried it in Singles. Now I love that mutant monkey! Technician and Normal typing is a crazy good combination!

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
i used to despise flareon, i thought he was the worst eeveelution, and possibly fire type, ever. But then i started to get interested in eeveelutions more, and i tried out Flareon. I realized that... he's adorable. x) maybe he's not so tough on the battlefield, but if you look past that, Flareon can be a great pokemon. and also, Flareon is now my favorite pokemon. xD

Ditto B1tch

I started to look differently at Castform when someone in Yahoo Answers asked whether those pair of balls under it were nuts or breasts...

Last edited:

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
Yesterday I had a battle with someone whose pokemon were all at level 35-40 so I had to very quickly make a new team to match his pokes' levels. I definitely have a new appreciation for Deino and Pawniard. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by Audino's offensive capabilities.

Rebel562

Odd Teambuilder
I used to think Magcargo was just meh. Interesting type, although disadvantageous. Not one of my favorites. Then I did a Battle Factory run in Emerald with one, and that thing swept EVERYTHING.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I've always liked Breloom well enough, but she (my Breloom, Ariadne) was always just sort of "There" in my team...

...until an online battle with some turd wherein she OHKO'd a Moltres. I've loved her ever since (consequently, after she obliterated that Moltres, the kid accused me of cheating, called me all sorts of names, and disconnected. I hate sore losers. Take it like a man!).

Renvault

Reaper
Cacturne was pretty cool to me until I read its Pokedex entry. Now I can stop wondering why they are so creepy.

Hydreigon6507

Here are some I was not too insane about until I used them, saw them in action, or saw them in the show:
Marill
Azumarill (it saved me from Flannery in Emerald, and Huge Power made it kick behind on Black 2)
Bulbasaur
Venusaur
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Zigzagoon
Linoone (again Emerald)
Palkia, despite the obvious
Oshawott (I still am not really fond of Ash's...)
Sigilyph (I hated its guts because it nearly wrecked me on Black, but it has grown on me)
Garbodor
Vanilluxe
Hydreigon (yes, really; I stayed away from it for a while because of Ghetsis, but after my Zweilous on Black evolved, it grew on me rapidly)
Reshiram but I was lying to myself by saying I was more fond of Zekrom, so not really
Zekrom (I got over it being overrated after a while but I never hated or disliked it)
Kyurem (at first I thought it was strange, still do, but not as much)
Keldeo (thank you M15)
Meloetta (at first I thought it was furry bait while it is not)

Last edited:

Charoshi

Charmander is best
The biggest case of this for me was Chikorita. I used to not like it, and than it kind of grew on me, but was still below Totodile. And then came mystery dungeon time. I had a male Charmander as my starter and I wanted a female and Chiko was the best offered, so I used her. I absolutely fell in love with her, and think her and Charmander are so cute together. She is now far and away my second favourite starter, and finally surpassed Totodile. She's come a long way to being one of my favourites, but she made it. :)

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I used to despise the Tepig line, but then I decided to use it(it was the main Pokémon that helped me defeat the E4, N, Ghetsis, and Alder)and it quickly became my favorite of the gen5 starters over Snivy and it's evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.