• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I honestly used to dislike the Ralts>Kirlia>Gardevoir evo line because when you first caught Ralts in Ruby, it only knew Growl.
I thought it was the most useless Pokémon in the game because it couldn't even attack. Then one day I decided I'd attempt to train one.
When it finally evolved into Kirlia at level 20, I was just in love with the design, and loved it even more when it evolved into a Gardevoir.
Now I try to have one on every team I have, along with Blaziken. I just love those two to death.

I'd also like to say Scraggy, when Ash first got Scraggy's egg, I was sore about it. Then as the series went on, I started liking the little guy. I loved when he headbutted Bianca at the Clubslplosion.

Nope. Buy everyone keeps complaining that Palkia's head looks like a penis, however I still use it. Although, I can't stop thinking about it now DX

Hilda

Nope. Buy everyone keeps complaining that Palkia's head looks like a penis, however I still use it. Although, I can't stop thinking about it now DX

BritishWeavile wants learn the move Amnesia, but BritishWeavile already knows 4 moves. Delete a move and make room for Amnesia? 123 ...POOF, BritishWeavile forgot Maths and learned Amnesia

Metagross8

Ribbon Maniac
Sawk, Stephan and more Pokemon too. Bianca's a Pokemon pedophile.

I think molesting pokemon counts more towards...Pokestiality...

Anyway, BOT, I guess I initially despised Ralts because like Abra it teleported before I could catch it, usually. But Gardevoir is my favourite Pokemon...well, I liked it less when Gen IV added Gallade, since I was sore that I now had a male Gardevoir that needen't be at all. Similarly, I used to think Mew was cute. Then I saw the sprite more and more and considered how it can learn every move, and I just felt it was worthless and pointless.
Also, I used to dislike Castform for being so gimmicky. Now, I have a Castform which I rigorously trained on Mt Battle and all the Beauty Contests and paid loads of cash to give it as many ribbons as I could, bar the Tower Ribbons. It is now my Bragging-est pokemon.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
I hated the the Tympole line due their lack of ice Beam but I decided to give Seismitoad a go and I was surprised how decent it can be. Ash's Bosstoad made me like it even more.

I loved Oshawott but now a little less thanks to the dub's voice.

Oh here is my FAVORITE one. I was playing Pokemon Yellow and I was on the elite four part with all three starters, Dragonair and Pikachu. I sent my Pikachu against Dragonite as my last Pokemon after watching Orange Island and doing almost the exact same thing Ash did........ I think we know what happens next.

Also in the champion's battle against Gary's Vaporeon, Pikachu got one shotted by its Hydro Pump.

Even though I knew some aspects in the anime was not real (AIM FER DUH HORN!) I learned very quickly that day there is a difference between the anime and the games....

But thanks to that expereience, I realized what stats and movesets are and why they are important ;)

I hate Pelipper now. All because of one experience when I played through Ruby.

I was surfing through the ocean, when I wild Pelipper appeared to me, and I was trying to fill my Pokedex so it only seemed natural to catch one. I sent out my Blaziken despite it being at less than half health because Pelipper was at level 32, and Blaziken was at 60, so it didn't seem like such a big deal. It used supersonic, and my Blaziken wouldn't stop hitting itself, and every time I got a hit in, it would use protect. My Blaziken ended up fainting. It did the same thing to my entire team of Pokemon. It was also right next to Mossdeep city, but not quiet within the city limits, so technically I hadn't been there yet. So when I blacked out, I ended up back in Lilycove and had to surf ALL the way back to Mosdeep.

I now have an unbreakable vendetta against Pelipper.

Kalosian

So long
I had never had any real feelings in either direction for Cradily until I got to experience a battle against one in the Battle Tower in Diamond. The battle was the most painful thing I have ever been through, and I was one turn away from losing it. This also makes it one of the best battles I have ever taken part of, as weird as it sounds. But since then, I have had a hate-love relationship towards Cradily. I always get terrified when I see my opponents send out one, but I can usually defeat them pretty easily anyways. Still, I'm always thinking back at that battle every time I see one. I have never used a Cradily myself but I plan to use it in one of my future teams, perhaps that will change my view of it in a complete different direction.

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
After using it in my Ruby playthrough I gained lots of respect for Muk. Also, after using it in two seperate playthroughs, Fearow has become my favorite Flying type

I knew I should have saved that picture that I found...but anyways I came across a picture that made me not want to look at volcarona for a while...and I really liked that pokemon before I saw that picture too. But now I'm over it and I can look at it again :)

And I liked the lillipup evo line up to herdier but I didn't like how stoutland looked. Then I saw Burgundy's stoutland in the show and now I think that its really cute also :)

sniperman1194

Walking Pokedex
When I was still playing through Pokemon Battle Revolution, I invited a friend over to battle me. I used a Groudon during our fight, and Earthquake was its most useful attack move in our double battle. The thing is, whenever I would use it, the in-game announcer would shout "Earthquake tears open the ground!" Soon, my friend started replying "No, I thought it put it back together!" whenever the game said it. This horrible pun was repeated every time I used Earthquake, drilling annoyance deeper and deeper into my skull. Now, whenever I use Earthquake in any Pokemon game, I hear "No, I thought it put it back together!" in my head. ( T - T )

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I had never had any real feelings in either direction for Cradily until I got to experience a battle against one in the Battle Tower in Diamond. The battle was the most painful thing I have ever been through, and I was one turn away from losing it. This also makes it one of the best battles I have ever taken part of, as weird as it sounds. But since then, I have had a hate-love relationship towards Cradily. I always get terrified when I see my opponents send out one, but I can usually defeat them pretty easily anyways. Still, I'm always thinking back at that battle every time I see one. I have never used a Cradily myself but I plan to use it in one of my future teams, perhaps that will change my view of it in a complete different direction.

I have a sandstorm team I use when I feel like battling competitively. It has saved my hide many times in tough battles.
I used to think Cradily was a terrible Pokémon, but now I consider it to be one of the best. :)

SirIllo

$UP@-$W@G STARE GMFO
Hypno's lullaby...'nuff said

colorless-winter

i love my Sylveon!
i used to love shedninja sooooo much and one day i was looking in my pokedex and came across the dex entry and i was freaked out... i never used it again although it has an awesome ability but 1 hp.

Floette

Fennekin
I thought Krokorok was really cool until someone pointed out the inappropriate shape of its nose. I can't even look at a Krokorok anymore, and will never use on to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.