• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

I know. I am not a fan of them.

I tend to prefer bulky and sturdy Pokémon. Fortunately, most of the Dark-, Ghost- and some Bug-Type Pokémon can't take some hits before fainting.

I tend to dislike them at times but a few of them like Jolteon helped me a lot! Fortunately three out of the four Ghosts in Unova are bulky and Bugs like Genesect and Escavalier too help huh:)

Yes, before colosseum, I didn't care about Misdreavus. But since the number of available pokemon is really limited in the Orre games, I started to appreciate and even like it. By the end of the game that Misdreavus and my Feraligatr were my two main pokemon.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
I always thought sawk was pretty cool until I saw this in the anime. *shudders*

IndigoAir

Myth Hunter
Oh yes, plenty of times :p

As others have said, the Therian formes changed my mind about the trio in gen V... at least about Tornadus and Landorus :p I still think Thundurus looks crappy.

I've always disliked Emboar's design, but I had one in my starter in White2 and it was completely useless -.- Once I found out I could have it re-learn Hammer Arm it got a bit better, but I am still scarred from having to play up until the Elite 4 with only Arm Thrust...

I never liked Staraptor, but seeing Unfezant made me really wish for it back :p

I loathed Bidoof from the moment I set eyes on it (like many others) but I recently bought a sticker book and the one for Bidoof is actually pretty adorable >.<

I disliked Stunky at first but I absolutely hate it since I realized its face was purposely drawn to look like butt cheeks and its cry was made to sound like a fart ._. Really, gamefreak? How ridiculous can you get.

There are others but I won't list every single one...

KnightofRawr

Don't underestimate
I had a dream that I was saving a Roggenrola from a burning volcano and now I love it... still not a fan of Boldore though.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I used to hate Gothitelle until I realized that its cry sounded like the Psycho shower music.

Also, I used to hate the Drowzee line and Snorlax until I read memes about them (like Hypno Steals Children and Snorlax Blocks The Path). Now they are among my faves of the original 151.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
When I red Hypno's summary it gave me chills because it says it hypnotizes children and take them to a unknown location which I think is really mysterious and creepy

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
hgss made me like a lot of pokémon i didn't care for simply because you could see them walk behind you and it made almost everything look cuter than it actually was. the gastly line is a fine example of this in my case.

AeroKorogu

Grass types...my first pokemon in a game ever was bulbasaur...I sadly started hating grass types after I started losing my "pokemon touch" in the games and was no longer able to play through one with a grass starter without restarting halfway through when I can't beat someone with it...a few years past and bam...the second I got pokemon white I picked serperior...he did not disappoint me...long story short, although I love all types equally, I have a soft spot for any grass types.

AeroKorogu

hgss made me like a lot of pokémon i didn't care for simply because you could see them walk behind you and it made almost everything look cuter than it actually was. the gastly line is a fine example of this in my case.

totally happened to me too...I loved a lot of the pokemon's looks when they followed you including:charizard, dragonite, almost any legendary, pidgeot, staraptor, feraligatr, ampharos, and a shlit load more...

StarlightUmbreon

I used to really hate oshawott until I played with it in Pokepark 2, It really grew on me then
Snivy also used to be just an ok starter to me, but I think seeing its attitude in the anime I began to love it and its one of my favorite starters

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
When BW came out, all I could think about was Snivy. Then there was that epiphany moment where I realize the awesomeness of the Oshawott line in a fanfic idea of mine. Oshawott's usage went up from there.

Gotta love those moments. :p

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I was neutral on Shaymin until I saw how adorable it was in Ranch.

I was also neutral on Heatran until it took me a full hour to capture it (to compare, Giratina took me about three minutes and I did so with a severely underleveled Aerodactyl)

Sara Hysaro

I used to think Gulpin looked weird until I used it in XD. Now I think it's cute in its own little way. He was instrumental in catching all the Shadow Pokémon in the final story battle as well. ^^ The 5th gen warmed me up even more to using slower defensive Pokémon on my team, but I still make sure to include something decently fast on any team so I'm not stuck having to fight every wild battle I come across.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I disliked Spoink and Gulpin until I noticed just how adorably CUTE Spoink was in BW.
And as Gulpin is it's fan counterpart, I automatically grew on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.