• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I at first NEVER wanted to use an Audino, based on what people said about it's stats. (Negative things) But now I use one and it can just sweep entire teams! XD

Rhys

Leavanny and Braviary have caused me to grow to love bug and flying types simply by existing.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
Well, I really didn't like Darmanitan or Stoutland at first. Then I used them on my teams and they were both incredible useful. I really like them now.

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
The first time it happened to me was in Emerald. I was struggling to defeat Team Magma (or maybe Aqua? I can't remember which), and I was stuck with using my last Pokémon. A Sharpedo, which I must have had on my team for Dive or something. Anyway, it was only level 36. And I was facing level 50's. And my Sharpedo OHKO'ed the last of their Pokémon. From that one small experience, Sharpedo went from being a Pokémon I didn't like, to being one of my favorite Pokémon ever.

It happened again in White 2, though it wasn't as big of a change. I used a Flygon on my team, and it swept through almost half the game, to being my strongest Pokémon. It went from a Pokémon I liked, to being tied for my favorite Pokémon along with Starly.

Hiee

I hated Zubat at first since he keeps appearing in all sort of caves which kinda annoys me. But after seeing the Gen 1's E4 agatha's Crobat uses Sludge bomb and Gen 2 E4 Koga's Crobat uses Cross poison, i started to like it and kept using Crobat as my 'fly' pokemon :D

Mr.FusRoDah

I used to think Torterra was cool...until Ash got one

I wish Ash wasn't such a wuss. I mean, we all know from that Toys R Us event that his Pikachu is a tough cookie (As far as Pikachus go). As for him, he has all of these pokemon swarming around him. He is literally swimming with Legends at times, yet he never tries to catch them... Thus he is a wuss.

As for my experience that changed me, Meinshao. Before it, I NEVER liked fighting types, in fact I avoided them when I could. Then I caught a level 59 male Meinshao with regenerator, I wound up liking not just Meinshao, but many fighting types. Also, I like Poliwrath. Great Defense. Also, the fact Dual Chop can be taught via move tutor on W2 and B2, Pawniard, Bisharp, Sawk, Toxicroak and many others are now Dragon-slayers...In my book at least. They are my Housecarls.

Last edited:
I hadn't been all that fond of Cacturne for quite a while, forgetting it existed at all. In Platinum I was running around when I run into a Cacturne, I was going to run from the battle, but I thought I should get a grass type so I caught him. He stayed in the PC for a few months until I decided I wanted to beat the Elite Four, but once I got to Cynthia, her team beat me easily. I remembered about the Cacturne so I got him out of the PC, leveled him up, and used him against Cynthia. I now have a level 100 Cacturne who never leaves my team.

I also didn't like electric types all that much for awhile, until I started White2 and caught a Mareep.

Mr.FusRoDah

Lucario went from being just liked by me to being lurved simply because of it's diverse movepool and the fact my first movie star was a Lucario named "Vigilante".

slyfincleton

A melting cone...
I used to hate Sawsbuck, dismissing it as a Stantler clone, until one swept my team in the battle subway. Now I use them all the time.

Arvis

i used to dislike alakazam, but i tried using one on my OU team and it was great.
now it's one of my favorite pokemon.

Mr.FusRoDah

Swanna. I was like "Never gonna use it, just catching it for the dex entry!".

Well, I tested one last week, what a beast, makes Pelliper look like Pellican crap!

TheEliteEmpoleon

I always liked Cloyster, but when I used a Shell Smash one to utterly destroy my brother's team, I knew it was one of my absolute favorites!

Ricky_Ragger

Today i was reading someones signature and it had a picture or Jynx and it said how it look like Nikki Monage ( can't spell it right) and now I see Jynx like Nikki M.

In-game Eelektross, definitively.
I was planning the members for my party and I really wanted to have an Eelektross. I was just in love with it's exotic design.
I knew it would be a hard time leveling Tynamo up, but... I was not expecting such a bad occasion to catch this pokemon.
At that point in the game anything that Tynamo did was equal to nothing and when it finally envolved to Eelektrik it really was a lot better, but for a short time.
I ended up releasing it and catching another pokemon to replace it. Today I don't feel nothing more for Eelektross, nor see it as having such a exotic cool design. Just exotic.
That bad experience made me become almost indifferent to this pokemon.

Last edited:

Mr.FusRoDah

Muk.
When I found out in Gen III I could Teach one Thunderbolt, Rock Tomb, and I can't remember what else, I nicknamed one "MK Ultra" due to the fact every one of it's attacks either damaged stats or had the potential to. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.