• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
The Aron line has always been nothing more than dex filler for me, until recently when I read a screenshot LP showcasing it's massive defensive capabilities.

Now I'm considering leveling an Aggron up to 100 in my spare time.

The Aron line has always been nothing more than dex filler for me, until recently when I read a screenshot LP showcasing it's massive defensive capabilities.

I've loved Aggron ever since its original release in third generation games. Its high defenses combined with a focus shash and metal burst is amazing! ^_^

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Aggron is amazing, specially on its shiny color.

But then again, almost every Steel Pokémon is amazing. :')

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I used to think Lilligant was frail. That was until I used one in W2 with a quiver dance set.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Bidoof. I had forgotten to take it out of my party before the Elite Four. I had carried the thing everywhere as it was my HM guy, and it was only level 4. So I reached the Champion and after a long match, I hit Cynthia's Garchomp for a lot of damage before falling to an Earthquake crit. Garchomp's HP was so low you could barely see it, so I was annoyed. I knew I had lost, as Bidoof was the only thing left.

Then Garchomp missed with Earthquake.
And Bidoof crit with Strength. :D

I finished off the Champion with a Lv. 4 Bidoof. I loved the little fellows from then on.

Hidden Power

I've loved Aggron ever since its original release in third generation games. Its high defenses combined with a focus shash and metal burst is amazing! ^_^

I've always love these 3-stage Pokemon, and I've used one in Emerald as well. But I think my most memorable experience with Aggron was on one of the RU tier fights, when my opponent switches in his Aggron when facing my Braviary, and was promptly 1HKO with Superpower, followed by a prompt "WTH" from him.

I might have changed his views about Aggron ever since that day.

the internet made me hate mudkip...

and I always used to pick the helix fossil in r/b/y until one of the anime episodes with kabuto.
now I only pick the dome fossil.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I never thought that Haunter could possibly pull off a stall move set until I had to use one in the Battle Factory with Night Shade, Toxic, Grudge (I think), and Destiny Bond. Now, I don't think of it or Gengar as merely strong and fast, but frail; I see them as a possible defensive pokemon as well.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I did begin to take a dislike to Aerodactyl after being COMPLETELY haxed by one with Rock Slide, Swagger and Attract in the Battle Tower. I've since gotten over that and used one in a competitive team.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Yes!

I used a Probopass on a Steel monotype play through a while ago and grew quite attached to mine. I never thought I'd like Probopass as much as I do now.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
I used to not be fond of Wigglytuff but after Pokemon Mystery Dungeon I grew attached to that pink thing now some people actually call me Guildmaster XD

ECM

I used to not like Lucario very much until I got a Riolu as my starter in Explorers of Sky. Now it's one of my favorite Pokémon.

-Nator-

I used to not like Lucario very much until I got a Riolu as my starter in Explorers of Sky. Now it's one of my favorite Pokémon.

I was never fond of Lucario either. It wasn't until I started playing SSBB back in '08 that I started to adapt.

Oh, the irony.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
In hoenn i got a makuhita without knowing it evolved into the beast Hariyama. i got it to fill the pokedex and his funny name. it then won the 2nd gym for me, its one of my favourite hoenn and fighting type pokemon

Earthia100

I used to think Stunfisk was not a very cool Pokemon, until I saw it fly in the anime. Now it's one of my favorite Pokemon!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No experience has ever changed my views on a certain pokemon except I liked Stunfisk after seeing him on the anime

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I didn't like Charizard when I was a kid.

And I still don't like it.

Lol, but in all seriousness, I didn't like Electivire until I saw it battling on the anime.

Nurse Jenny

It doesn't take much to get me to like a Pokémon; usually after I see one in the anime or manga I'll appreciate it more than I did before. I never really thought much of Gliscor, for example, until Ash got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.