• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did an experience change your views towards a certain Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
I've never really liked fire pokemon until GF upgrade them w/ neat DW abilities like Ninetails and Blaziken.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Liepards. I thought they'd be nice at first. Nice Spd, decent offenses. 1st blow to that thought: every Liepard spams Fake Out. 2nd and final blow: their tiny puddle of a movepool doesn't allow much, hence common Fake Out.

On a more teeth-grinding scale, Mew. Back in the days, I was the one using Mew and glitched up movesets against friends. Now that I taught said glitches and said friends are using them against ME, that pink floating thing doesn't look so awesome anymore.

On an awesomeness upgrade, ANYTHING with Mimic/Assist in Generation IV games. ... Okay, almost everything. Delcatty will always remain a waste of Pokemon slot. But Infernape with Eruption or Weavile with Fusion Bolt rocks.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Pretty much all of Generation 5. hahaha The games came out and poof! New favorite gen, despite hating it. xD

Anyways. I'd say the biggest change of experience is Garbodor. I used to hate the thing, despite loving Gen 5. I listen to a Pokemon Podcast called It's Super Effective! and the host really liked Garbodor for a time. Seeing someone actually like him made me kind of take a step back and try to evaluate the Pokmeon, give him a chance. And I really like him. Decent battle-wise, better set up-wise. He's like this big, giant, ugly teddy bear. Misunderstood.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The competitive scene; the list of which of my views changed is massive.

Earthia100

Roggenrola. I used to despise them... they were pretty much Geodude with sturdy. Then I saw the anime and found the little rock to be kinda cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.