• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did any one like it better when the series wasn’t so obsessed with the first series?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Which was a shame as I think BW had the best story by far.
Tbh SV rivals it at parts (especially the ending), but yeah BW is still the best overall

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I blame the Gen 5 backlash for all of the Gen 1/nostalgia pandering we've been seeing in pokemon nowadays. So many people complained about how they couldn't use their favorite pokemon and how the Gen 5 roster were complete garbage, & ever since then TPCI has been putting more emphasis on the original generation than anything else anymore, which then leaked into other aspects of the franchise like the anime.

ShuckFam

The open world aspect diminishes how good of a story it could have. Plus the team star storyline is pretty meh.
The fugly eevee backpack girl is so annoying...She reminds me of my most hated Persona 5 character, Futaba.

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I'm okay with more unique ways of having stories because especially by the time of XY, the world ending stuff was getting stale, but like gen 7 still did some really unique stuff without needing violence.
Yeah. But gen 8 and gen 9 are soulless when it comes to villainous teams. Yell and Star are carbon copies of Skull. Rose Lusamine and Guzma weren't exactly "evil" either.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The open world aspect diminishes how good of a story it could have. Plus the team star storyline is pretty meh.
I like the leaders and their story more than the league campaign, to be honest.

Their "grand boss" was a dissapointing character though

Arven and the non-Penny Star Leaders were the best in the game.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I feel like the maturity of Team Star's plotline with the handling of the bullying aspect is underrated
And the camaraderie Penny had with the team star leaders was amazing
They really had great chemistry and character work done

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I feel like the maturity of Team Star's plotline with the handling of the bullying aspect is underrated
And the camaraderie Penny had with the team star leaders was amazing
They really had great chemistry and character work done
Penny is the weak link for me.

I dunno, she just feels... Shallow?

She reads a lot like a discount, inferior Futaba Sakura, to be honest.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Eevee and Charizard. I am sick of those.
XY: Eevee and Charizard
SM: Eevee and Charizard
JN: Eevee and Charizard

Don't even dare to give Roy or Riko an Eevee. Please, I beg you.
riko will get an eevee, I'm certain of it, because "female trainer = eevee owner" these days

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Kanto and shoving certain Kanto Pokemon (and Lucario) down our throats in general, yes.
But focusing on things from the OS along with Ash's original team, no.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Penny is the weak link for me.

I dunno, she just feels... Shallow?

She reads a lot like a discount, inferior Futaba Sakura, to be honest.
Yeah but she was never the main Crux of it if you know what i mean?
She's the one used to conclude it all yes, but her character work isn't necessary to make or break the rest of the Team Star arc. It's more of a closing point still carried by the other Team Star members feelings and arcs

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I liked that series too but seems like they are over doing it.
Blame the fanbase for despising Gen 5 taking a fresh start, at least originally before nostalgia kicked in when it was too late. Even if XY didn't have a sense of continuity, it still heavily featured Gen 1 love thanks to Mega Evolutions.