• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did anyone else find Iris's portrayal to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJC

Racist (not necessarily in a mean sense)? I mean, they had her swinging from trees like a jungle monkey and stuff.

Soniman

Break the Limit
WOW, OH MY GOD NO.

What is this even? Please delete this, lock this topic, no no no no no no nooooooo

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I didn't find anything racist about her.

phanpycross

God-king
Not really, I found her to be a strong female character, who also happened to have an awesome team, and be in good physical form.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Inb4thelock No

Red and Blue

No. Besides, I don't think iris was even based off of African American people.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Not necessarily her portrayal in the anime, but the reason why she seems so hated in general imo. :(

Soniman

Break the Limit
Not necessarily her portrayal in the anime, but the reason why she seems so hated in general imo. :(
Im not saying there's no one that does this, but saying that's the ONLY reason why so many dislike her is pretty ignorant :/

KJC

So you guys really think it's just a coincidence that the black character is the one made to be an expert swinging around in trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.