• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Anyone Like the Yugioh Card game before it became popular?

Pokemon29

Clevar Trainer
Did anyone like the game before the show, and all the new packs came out?

Since the first day I heard about it.

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
Yeah, I was a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! the moment I saw it. In fact, I was the first kid in my school to watch it. Before the cards were released, we used to make them out of card and stuff. 'Twas all so holesome ^_^

Excalibur

Psi Core Commander
I played way back when, when everyone ran a Spellcaster Beatdown, A Blue Eyes Beatdown, or an Exodia deck. So long ago...

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
I played it since, more or less, day 1. The card game actually got me into the show, and I loved the game for it's simplicity. Of course, it definitely got more interesting as the power level went up, but I do miss the days when YGO was just something to relax with. Ironically, I fell out of it when it became popular. There ended up being too much to keep track of, and I wasn't going to rely on something like Metagame to keep me up to date. As noted before, I liked it better when I just read some 3-4 strategy articles and was good to go. Now...

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
I played it since, more or less, day 1. The card game actually got me into the show, and I loved the game for it's simplicity. Of course, it definitely got more interesting as the power level went up, but I do miss the days when YGO was just something to relax with. Ironically, I fell out of it when it became popular. There ended up being too much to keep track of, and I wasn't going to rely on something like Metagame to keep me up to date. As noted before, I liked it better when I just read some 3-4 strategy articles and was good to go. Now...

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
@ The Darkness Incarnte: Triple Post :eek:

I forget :) It was such a long time ago I started playing, I used the Joey Starter Deck :D with some cards from the Blue-eyes Booster like Drooling Lizard etc, my brother had the Kaiba Deck so we were pretty evenly matched back then, I pwn him now though, most of the time...:p

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
I played until the game got stupid broken. Thats when I was like, okay, I'm done here.

Old kaiba starter ftw tho

ijea4444

I agree once they started becoming really popular i stopped playing the game, it was too complicated. I just watched the show and stopped with the game

Ciliz

I still like it, despite the unpopularity around here now.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

yeah I did, when my friend went to the states my mum gave his mum enough money to get me and my older bro a Yugi and Kaiba deck each

Hoshi no Kabii

Of course, and I played it much more than now. That was back when I was 8 or so, and it was fun. Trading with everyone in the school, playing matches during recess. It was fun and entertaining. No one cared about winning. Hell, we didn't even play with life points because we couldn't do the math in our heads. We never had a lot of cards because we didn't have much money, but it didn't matter. I would be amazed when I saw someone with a card I never saw before. If you recently got a new pack of cards everyone swarmed around you and wanted to trade with you.

Those were the days...