• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did anyone play the jak games

Mr.Billehh

Such as jak and daxter I really would like them to put them on ps3 Like what they are doing with sly Cooper

TerraWolf

Banned
I think the only time people played them is if they got it packaged with the PSP for maybe a holiday. No one in their right mind would buy it

ManhattanTheStarr

11DBHK

Banned
i did. THEY WEREN"T THAT BAD. geez. i never played Jak 2 but i played jak and daxter a lot and got all of the litte precursor things. and i played Jak 3

Last edited:

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I did. =D I had the PSP version. It was a lot like Crash Bandicoot but I actually preferred it. This thread has made me want to play it again. o:

Phoopes

There it is.
The original Jak and Daxter was okay IMO. It wasn't that bad, like everyone's saying. However, all others that followed were laughable. They should've just stuck with their original plan, a mute character that did hand-to-hand combat with the weasel-thing doing all of the talking. But, they made him talk and gave him a gun. BAD IDEA. It ruined the series. Sly Cooper>Ratchet and Clank>Jak and Daxter.

11DBHK

Banned
The original Jak and Daxter was okay IMO. It wasn't that bad, like everyone's saying. However, all others that followed were laughable. They should've just stuck with their original plan, a mute character that did hand-to-hand combat with the weasel-thing doing all of the talking. But, they made him talk and gave him a gun. BAD IDEA. It ruined the series. Sly Cooper>Ratchet and Clank>Jak and Daxter.

i really liked the first one. then again i was 10 when i played it.
anyway, besides that, i agree completely. the whole edgy badass/oneliners, the prodigal son thing city in the middle of the desert, weapon, vehicles all makes it seem like to much of a cliche to me. and strays too far from the original concept.

Last edited:

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Jak? Heh, reminds me of Tak.

I've certainly never heard about Jak (much less played), but I've certainly heard about Uncharted and Crash Bandicoot (I've also played these two games at one point).

I popped in Jak 3 the other day, actually, and the gameplay feels antiquated. Granted, I love old games in their own right, but it wasn't fun anymore. Part of the reason could be that it may have been story-driven (therefore it lost the drive since I've played it), but I don't remember it having no replay value.

The new one for PSP, The Lost Frontier (?), is on my shelf, and I can't get myself to finish it. It's not up to par. Jak was big back in the day, but Ratchet has won out. I'm glad, too; I was always in the Ratchet camp.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I played Jak and Jak 2 in Northern Ireland and I own Jak 3. They were decent when I was 9 but nowadays I think Naughty Dog should've stuck with Crash. Crash has gone down the plughole along with Spyro. I love the originals.