• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Ash ever pay Misty back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronaMew

Demonic Warrior
No, Pikachu did.:)

Well, May and Misty traveled with him after throwing their complaints about their bikes. Dawn didn't mention hers at all until 30 episodes later.

Yeah, but that's a good way to INTRODUCE yourself to a girl =p

"Oh crap, Pikachu broke your bike. Here, come with me and I'll pay you off in a while =)"

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
"Oh crap, Pikachu broke your bike. Here, come with me and I'll pay you off in a while =)"

Too bad he never cares about romance. And he never payed them back. :)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They never cared as much as Misty did to be honest about their bikes.

With each passing gen its a requirement for the girls to get "hotter" and "more girly" than the previous.

I'm actually worried what the next girl will look like, they're really pushing it with Dawn's tiny skirt.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm actually worried what the next girl will look like, they're really pushing it with Dawn's tiny skirt.

Tube top? :) And the new girl will care so much about makeup and accessories that the Pokemon will rot in the Pokeballs long enough to make Pachirisu seem it was on-screen every other episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Tube top? :) And the new girl will care so much about makeup and accessories that the Pokemon will rot in the Pokeballs long enough to make Pachirisu seem it was on-screen every other episode.

Well we went from boobs (May) to short skirt (Dawn) and the next girl will probably wear a tiny shirt and barely any shorts.

I don't know why they made May and Dawn canon 10 years old when they made them look like they're about 14 or 15.

Hell, Max looks like he's 10 and he has to be younger.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I don't know why they made May and Dawn canon 10 years old when they made them look like they're about 14 or 15.

Fanservice and eye candy, my friend. And this is one of the reasons why I've wanted a time jump of a few years to occur, so at least the girls' physical appearance would at least make sense. Or maybe there's something in the water there..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Fanservice and eye candy, my friend. And this is one of the reasons why I've wanted a time jump of a few years to occur, so at least the girls' physical appearance would at least make sense. Or maybe there's something in the water there..

They did do some fanservice with Misty with the Mermaid outfit, but she always had her hair in that ponytail and her clothes were meh to be honest. Normal shorts and suspenders...what the hell?

Even Misty's Hoenn outfit, whatever that was, didn't look that good.

Outrage DD of Bulbagarden has been constantly calling out Misty for her outfit, nonetheless.

And do I have to go into another rant about Dawn's skirt being normal-sized by Japanese standard and May's boobs being not large enough to complain about by anyone with a life? This is beginning to be that incredibly idiotic Fanservice thread on Bulbagarden redux.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
They did do some fanservice with Misty with the Mermaid outfit, but she always had her hair in that ponytail and her clothes were meh to be honest. Normal shorts and suspenders...what the hell?

That was before it was decided to extend the Pokemon anime for more than a decade. There really wasn't a point for fanservice if the anime was to be going on for a year and a half. Also, events in the old episodes seemed to have a more mature theme to it than now.

Now, however, in order to have the anime promote the games, which will be in production for a few more years, no doubt, the writer's seemed to have traded the maturity for two pieces of eye candy, in order to attract newcoming younger fans with each generation.

Last edited:
Did you even pay attention to my first sentence? People do complain about Misty's outfit being more revealing than the other girls. Outrage DD made an entire blog post dedicated to applying the same "eye candy" logic that people use to pick on May and Dawn to Misty.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blog.php?b=400

EDIT: Whoops, I guess I was being a bit impulsive. I apologize.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
^Check out the post times, and see if I could think of and type all of that in that amount of time. Seriously.

EDIT:

EDIT: Whoops, I guess I was being a bit impulsive. I apologize.

No problem. I just don't like it when people are quick to assume things and then lash out on the person. I get enough of that in real life.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Its the same reason Brock's breeder goal is hardly focused on, he's not here to be a main focus, just to be Ash's friend and get roles in fillers, which is similar to Misty.

Even so, the show still could've focused on their goals more with Ash's still getting much more screentime.

Well I do think Misty will appear in Sinnoh at some point, so you'll have to just wait and see. Sadly, I do think it'll just be because of Togekiss, which is lame because there hasn't been a major Misty story outside of the Togepi line for a good awhile.

I honestly hope Misty isn't invovled with Togekiss, especially if it's not hers. That'd just be too convenient. (Well, if the writers pulled it off well...)

But you just can't expect people to forget the original series. A considerable portion of the fanbase grew up with the first 276 eps., the first three leagues, the first 251 Pokemon, and the first traveling group, and while some have moved on, a large number of old-school fans still wait to see the original trio in an episode together again.

Many people stopped watching before the end of Johto, some I can imagine stopping after Kanto.

I wouldn't mind if the original trio got together with May, Dawn, Tracey, and Max to accomplish some kind of mission. (The entire group could split up, with Ash, Misty, and Brock being in one group.) Not that you were suggesting this, but I wouldn't want a whole region where they're traveling together. (That'd be like one step forward and two steps back to me...)

On the same token, unless May has "her plotlines tied up" by the time of her next cameo, it's assured that her fans would want to see her again to see her plot finish up as well. Poor Ash...while the females accomplish their dreams, he is stuck in a perpetual cycle of riinse and repeat for each league until the end.

I don't see how May, Misty, and Dawn's dreams are anymore accomplished than Ash's. And Ash doesn't mind the journey to becoming a master at all, so...

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I don't see how May, Misty, and Dawn's dreams are anymore accomplished than Ash's. And Ash doesn't mind the journey to becoming a master at all, so...

If May's cameo is any indication, it shows that she is doing better than she did in Hoenn, having three ribbons in Johto in 70-80 eps. in comparison to getting her third Hoenn ribbon (Lilycove) in AG91. And, if the writer's never plan on giving May an arc again, it would be more appealing if she ends on a positive note. Dawn will probably take the same route as May, and Misty...well, she's the Cerulean City Gym Leader, if that's anything to consider.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And do I have to go into another rant about Dawn's skirt being normal-sized by Japanese standard and May's boobs being not large enough to complain about by anyone with a life? This is beginning to be that incredibly idiotic Fanservice thread on Bulbagarden redux.

May's boobs were much bigger at the start of Hoenn then later on.

Heck, in DP76 everyone noticed how small they were, yet during the Wallace Cup her chest returns to her original size. Just look at her in her Emerald outfit as she's saying goodbye at the end of DP79, she is back to being a B cup. In her belly dancer outfit, her chest was also quite large, not to mention her half shirt stopped right below her breasts.

Even Pokesho made amusement of the scene.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Heck, in DP76 everyone noticed how small they were, yet during the Wallace Cup her chest returns to her original size. Just look at her in her Emerald outfit as she's saying goodbye at the end of DP79, she is back to being a B cup. In her belly dancer outfit, her chest was also quite large, not to mention her half shirt stopped right below her breasts.

Something had to be done to quell the obsessed May fanboys that wanted to see her again, and so they decided to give them something to remember, I guess...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Something had to be done to quell the obsessed May fanboys that wanted to see her again, and so they decided to give them something to remember, I guess...

I think people would make less comments if her chest just stayed the same size her whole run. In each Hoenn episode her chest magically got bigger or smaller depending on the episode, its like the writers could never decide how big she should be.

Sometimes her boobs would be huge and in the very next episode they would be small, I remember when Hoenn was airing for the first time its all anyone talked about.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
And with that, we need to get back on topic. Any comments on my earlier post?

Yeah, Pallet Town seems to be the "headquarters" for Ash and the gang to regroup after each major region. I can't see it anywhere else either. Maybe this time around Misty will be able to spend time with the girls as well, Dawn and May did in the Wallace Cup. Her first cameo featured an epic battle across dimensions, and her second treated her like she wasn't there at all. She just needs an episode where she can talk and relate to the newer girls.

EDIT: Off to the Orange Islands. Rank Up!

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, one thing I noticed is Misty and May had very little interaction in the eps they were together. They only shared a few lines and that's it.

May and Dawn interacted a lot more, I wonder if its because there wasn't as much to connect Misty to May.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Regardless, they could have come up with something (*coughbikescough*)...

There could have been a reference to the Princess Festival as well if that's relevant now...

But one thing we do need to see is her Pokemon she's training right now. Hoenn, we had Gyrados and Togetic, Kanto we JUST had Azurill, so what about the others? That's why I disliked DP91. But I'd like to see if she made any progress with Psyduck.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
How did this turn from a "Will Ash pay Misty back" to "May has a size-changing breast" thread? Yeah, her breast is ridiculously big, when I first saw her, I thought, She is no way a ten-year-old. It was weird, and I'm thankful that I'm not like her in that way. Dawn's skirt is way too revealing, and she's even girlier than May. Her chest doesn't seem to change sizes like May, but she has a sleeveless top and her skirt is shorter than Misty's shorts. I dun really like Dawn. At all. But it seems like the topic discussion is about the girls, and not whether Ash will pay Misty back (which he won't).

Status
Not open for further replies.