• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Ash ever pay Misty back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Cool, we notice the same thing.

Which makes me wonder if Misty will appear in Sinnoh at all.

The girl from the previous gen making another appearance was a given, and I remember when DP started pretty much everyone predicted that May and Dawn would meet and have a Contest battle together, and sure enough it happened.

But Japan is currently 103 episodes into Sinnoh, and May's cameo has come and gone, and there's really no mention of Misty appearing whatsoever.

Sometimes I really wonder if the writers plan to have her visit in Sinnoh at all, or if, like I said before, the writers view Misty as another Tracey so she might not appear till Ash returns to Pallet.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but for some reason the further we get into Sinnoh the less likely it seems we'll see her.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Which makes me wonder if Misty will appear in Sinnoh at all.

Aside from Togekiss, there are no predictable cameos for her to show up. The only three I can think of are A) a water Pokemon tournament, B) a tag battle, or C), if the writers decide to take this direction, intoduce Misty's parents (I remember hearing about an interview that confirmed that Misty's parents are alive, but we haven't seen them), but that scenario is a desperation tactic at best.

But Japan is currently 103 episodes into Sinnoh, and May's cameo has come and gone, and there's really no mention of Misty appearing whatsoever.

Aside from the Misty Lure. Personally I would like to see Dawn mention the lure if she meets her, just for the sake of humor.

Sometimes I really wonder if the writers plan to have her visit in Sinnoh at all, or if, like I said before, the writers view Misty as another Tracey so she might not appear till Ash returns to Pallet.

Bolded: I hope not, since Tracey wasn't even supposed to be in the anime anyway. But like I said, there are no good reasons to have Misty appear in Sinnoh.

Rex Kamex

If May's cameo is any indication, it shows that she is doing better than she did in Hoenn, having three ribbons in Johto in 70-80 eps. in comparison to getting her third Hoenn ribbon (Lilycove) in AG91. And, if the writer's never plan on giving May an arc again, it would be more appealing if she ends on a positive note. Dawn will probably take the same route as May, and Misty...well, she's the Cerulean City Gym Leader, if that's anything to consider.

Ash has made progress too, even though the only league he's won was the Orange League.

My point of all this is that Ash and the girls are accomplishing their dreams.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
My point of all this is that Ash and the girls are accomplishing their dreams.

Yes, but as long as Ash remains the main character, the girls are more likely to achieve their goals, or get closer to achieving them at a faster rate than Ash, as their respective generations fade even father in time. If the Pokemon anime remains the same as it is now, by the time Generation 7 rolls along, will anyone be as ecstatic to see May or Dawn in a cameo working to become the greatest coordinators as they were in their first cameo? In my opinion, it's better to wrap up characters' storylines 2 generations ahead of them at the most, rather than to have them continue the same song and dance as they were in their own generation.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't see that happening.

I think its unlikely to see the show reach 20 seasons.

We're currently in Season 11, and while its obvious there's always going to be an anime to advertise the games, I do think Ash's story will be brought to a close eventually.

Yeah, they say "Ash/Pikachu will never be replaced" but what they don't tell you is that they could give them an ending, and start a new series with new characters.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
We're currently in Season 11, and while its obvious there's always going to be an anime to advertise the games, I do think Ash's story will be brought to a close eventually.

That's an incredibly long time to wait, though. D/P has had definite improvements from AG, with a rival a polar opposite from Ash and the region's E4 showing up, along with the Champion, so it would just seem strange that they would wrap Ash up in D/P with everything they're doing now. I know you're not saying D/P specifically, but if they continue to make improvements, it would just seem odd to have Ash accomplish his goal.

Yeah, they say "Ash/Pikachu will never be replaced" but what they don't tell you is that they could give them an ending, and start a new series with new characters.

...You realize that what you said completely demerits what the quote says, right? :) Unless you're speaking philosophy, the "never replaced in our hearts" bit...

But yes, they could pull off a Yu-gi-oh and introduce a new series a few years into the Pokemon world's future. The question is though, would it be as popular as the first to be able to continue for as long as the original did?

milenadrg

I dont think she would rejoin Ash in team. But i liked to she reapears again with... some new Pokemon and it would be too super to her Togetic wisits her but now evoloved in an Togekiss.

but what about may's bike? it wasnt repaired when she sayed her goodbye to ash it confuses me to see that misty's bike was repaired and may's was'nt i mean she left her bike with professor birch forgot to repair because he always does field work

P.S if may's bike was repaired then this post is useless :|

Jere

Ace good guy
But yes, they could pull off a Yu-gi-oh and introduce a new series a few years into the Pokemon world's future. The question is though, would it be as popular as the first to be able to continue for as long as the original did?

Hell no.

I have a wery far of resembly whit M*A*S*H only a minor of the characters remain the wholse series

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I don't believe he ever did! XD

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I dont think she would rejoin Ash in team. But i liked to she reapears again with... some new Pokemon and it would be too super to her Togetic wisits her but now evoloved in an Togekiss.

The biggest problem I see with a Misty/Togekiss cameo is that it will likely have Misty show up out of nowhere. In the first instance of May's cameo, we had information about the Wallace Cup throughout the same episode, so it was pretty much accepted. With Misty's however, there was no indication of a Togepi festival, the Mirage Kingdom, or a Togepi Paradise in the episode beforehand. She literally came out of thin air. There's no need to do it again for the sake of Togekiss.

but what about may's bike? it wasnt repaired when she sayed her goodbye to ash it confuses me to see that misty's bike was repaired and may's was'nt i mean she left her bike with professor birch forgot to repair because he always does field work

But unlike Misty, May did not complain about the bike at all during her travels. And Misty's bike was the reason Misty traveled with Ash. Misty kept complaining for about 15 episodes, forgot about it, remembered it in Volcanic Panic, and reminded Ash again in The Misty Mermaid. It would make sense to bring the bike back again since we had episodes of her recalling the bike after the fact. With May, all we had was the first Petalburg episode when Norman asked May what happened to it.

I have a wery far of resembly whit M*A*S*H only a minor of the characters remain the wholse series

...Come again? I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

Jere

Ace good guy
If i put it simple as i can get, its only a few characters that remains through the whole 11 seasons.

KaruDahon

Likes Yogurt
Um . . . yes, I'm fairly certain she got her bike back when she left at the end of Johto. But I don't think Ash actually had to spend any money to get it fixed.

Can't say the same for May or Dawn, though. Pikachu sure loves ruining bikes.

Shiny pokemon lower

When she returns i think depends at the japanese fans wishes. I have heard they have a voting right.
But I think she returns sometime at the end of Sinnoh saga or never.

She isn't so inportant anymore since she didn't do contests, gyms or anything else inportant.

Status
Not open for further replies.