• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did G/S/C have the best music out of all 4 gens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rageman

That's real neato
I think so.

It was fresh, upbeat, and good.
Much better then the new music, including D/P.
Anyone agree?

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Yes it did. I LOVED the Credits Roll. And somehow, the consistent beeping actually helped capture the feel of the music. It was way better than the DP Ending Theme. I loved nearly all the themes in GSC, except for the Bike Theme (we are still yet to find an unannoying Bike Theme), which is odd, seeing as the Bike Theme is essentially a remix of Goldenrod City.

And the better thing was, that after you get access to Kanto, the music essentially gets BETTER. The Battle Themes are changed and some of the old music (like Lavender Town) still remains, only slightly changed. The only bad thing I found was the softening of the music in Viridian Forest....

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Damn right 2nd Generation had the best music. Especially Viradian(sp?) Forest, National Park, Dragon's Den, Game Corner, & much more.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I'm a bigger fan of DP music actually.=/
Guess I'm a bit different.

GS music really didn't do it for me but it was okay. I didn't mind Johto music. The only music I really liked in Johto was the music in the building with those Eevee evolutions trainers and the Suicune music in Crystal. I use to like the final Pokemon league champions music aswell except when playing it through now the music doesn't seem as great anymore for some reason there. It's okay still and that's all I can say. Though I like the crazy remixes people put online so I'd probably like a remix tune better if it ever happened. I think there was a remix tune in FR and LG on one of the islands from GS. I liked that better than the original.

I hated most of the kanto's remix music in GS though. I'd take red, blue, yellow's old music over that remix. The only kanto music in GS I liked was actually the Gym leader battle and that's it. LG and FR did a better job at remixing it. It gave me a different feeling that I just didn't like.

Guess I'm in a different sector when it comes to to music.

My favourite music is mostly in DP, RBY and LG and FR.
Then it's goes Emerald, RS and then GS. Though GS rises when I hear remix music of it. I usually turn the sound down to nill when in kanto in GS and only turn it up when there's a gym leader battle since that's the only tune I liked in Kanto in GS. The other tunes rubbed me in a bad way. I can't explain it in all honesty.

Johto's okay. Not much stood out for me but it was okay.:)

MaskedManAbsolkid

G/S/C had some nice music, but it's not that memorable for me. I like some of D/P's music a lot though.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Despite of being chiptunes, GSC melodies are indeed greater than the rest of the generations. Although, instrumentality-wise, I admit that D/P has gone far beyond GSC since it really is using instruments and not those awfully annoying beeps.

Well, I do hope that there be a GSC Remake to hear the REAL instrumentality of the GSC music.

MidnightStorm

Lots of people talk about GSC music and it being really great. For me though, I don't remember any of it; maybe I never payed attention to it.

uhh... I might have to go with gen 3's R/S (forget emerald). It had the best colors, storyline, and music. G/S/C is close in 2nd place.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
3rd gen and 4th gen were way better than 2nd gen. I do have to admit though, 2nd gen had a "fresh" style, but it got old very quickly. The remixes in the Kanto region weren't so bad.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Oh but if you play Pokemon Puzzle League GBC, you'll love the way how GSC city themes were remixed.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Oh, yes. I may be biased because it was my first Pokémon game, but most of those songs are pure gold to me, particularly the battle theme and credits music. Lance battle was rather epic. Most of the other themes were nice and often catchy, too. Good times.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
I'd say it's a toss up between DP and GSC. But I grew up listening to beeps, so GSC it is.

Ariki

Hm. Hard to say. I'd say D/P and G/S/C are equal in that the tunes in G/S/C are memorable while the music in D/P is more than just a midi file.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Despite of being chiptunes, GSC melodies are indeed greater than the rest of the generations. Although, instrumentality-wise, I admit that D/P has gone far beyond GSC since it really is using instruments and not those awfully annoying beeps.

Well, I do hope that there be a GSC Remake to hear the REAL instrumentality of the GSC music.

I think the style of GSC music lies within its beeps. But even so, I really don't find GSC music annoying at all. But if there is a Johto remake, they're bound to remix the music.

DP sounded artificial, while GSC sounded fresh, and VERY pokemon-like.

Yes GSC definitely captured the pokemon style.

I'd say it's a toss up between DP and GSC. But I grew up listening to beeps, so GSC it is.

Well DP music is very good and sometimes, rather complex (hear Mt. Coronet). Its good entertainment for people who like complex compositions.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
EASILY. There isn't a tune I don't like on the game, and if the G/S/C remake ever comes alomg, they'd better keep the same tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.