• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did G/S/C have the best music out of all 4 gens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
I loved some parts of it. My faves are the BGMs of Cherrygrove, Goldenrod, Celadon, and uh... I can't remember the others. ><

But, I think the BGMs in 3rd gen are the best. :p

Kites

Champ In The Making
Yes, and that's the reason why so many people love it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yes, and that's the reason why so many people love it.

I definitely agree.

I had read most of the threads here at Serebiiforums and found out that the G/S/C Music is a MAJOR CONTRIBUTING FACTOR why MOST of us love this generation.

Haritsuki

G/S/C had probably the best music. I liked some certain tracks from R/B/Y, but G/S/C had somewhat better melodies. D/P had some nice tracks in the game too, but the first games had possibly the best ones.

However, I think most of the music in Pokemon-games get a bit too repetitive as time passes and you have heard too much of it.

It is among the best in terms of music, definitely. In fact, the music was one of few things I still remember dearly and clearly of GSC. With themes like Goldenrod's, Violet's, Azalea's, Champion Battle, Rival Battle and Gym Leader/Elite Battle, few others come close. But I enjoy pieces of all four Generations myself, so I really don't have a favorite. The top pieces would be a few themes in GSC, though. :D

PDL

disenchanted
The music is probably one of the few things about GSC that I remember with fondness. Especially Ecrutek/Cianwood's theme. It's so peaceful, it's a shame that it hasn't been used since GSC.

It's also nice to hear the tunes of Violet/Olivine, Azelea/Blackthorn and one of the route themes in FR/LG.

Bow-down-to-silver

I HATE MY COMPUTER!
the kanto gym leader theme is awesome best gym leader theme along with r/b/y gym leader theme

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Violet, Goldenrod, E4, Kanto remixes.....how could you NOT love the wonderful music of this Gen? It was consistently memorable, and I hope that they bring some of it back in future games. It was nicely mixed in FR/LG. ;233;

Maximillion

Fire Trainer
DP was where it all went downhill for me. There were some good tunes in both RSE and GSC (and even before).

I just hope they don't ruin them when, or if, they decide to make remakes of the games!

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
Honestly, I think GSC and RSE have the weakest soundtracks out of all 4 gens. In the other games, when fighting the championship match against the rival, battling Cynthia, battling Cyrus, and battling the gym leaders, they all have a certain sense of... epicness that I feel GSC and RSE lack.

Benoxxxx

Water Pokémon Lover!
Deffinatly.

Most memorable was the tune that was played when the old man shows you around at the begining of the game. I can't remeber if the same tune was repeated in the game.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Definitely, G/S/C by far had the most remarkable and entertaining music. My personal favorite were the gym battle songs.

Scizor5000

Explorer of Time
NO. D/P had the best. (except for mystery dungeon, but that doesn't count :))

Adam_stm

G/S/C had the best music because they didn't have repeats like in R/B/Y and the new generation music is not as catchy. If G/S/C is ever remade, the music will be something I will look forward to.

HazzaY2J

</3 Kid
Yeah it was the best also i quite liked when you vs Lance and that ''Places and People'' really nice music.

Status
Not open for further replies.