• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did G/S/C have the best music out of all 4 gens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alloute

Not Banned
Yeah, the music is soothing. I like Violet/Olivine's music. Also, Cianwood has lovely music. Actually, ALL the music is rad! I played Silver yesterday, it was an awesome experience.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
Yes the Music was at its peak during that period. I personally loved the Radio.

necropedal

I don't know whether it had the best, but it certainly did pave the way for future generations of Pokémon soundtrack.

I think though that four pieces of music from this generation deserve special commendation and they are:
Champion Battle music
Rival Battle music
Suicune Battle music &
Kanto Gym Leader Battle music.

ironman4541

The music was great, and I think the music in all of the other generations were based on it.

Titan

The Fighter
I don't exactly remember if it was any good but by what people are saying it must have been. As long as it wasn't anything like the other versions with the obnoxious beeping noises. I usually play with the volume off on any pokemon game just becuase of that. Thats one thing that always bugged me about the pokemon games. But mabye 2nd generation would be the exception. Like I said I usually had it on mute.

.:Alex:.

The music was great. I remember the first time I encountered a wild pokemon in Kanto... I so didn't expect the music to be different (and I loved that tune)! There was something so... traditional and definitive about it. The music you hear today is good, but it lacks a certain magic that this music has. Even the remixed version of the Entei/Suicune/Raikou music in Ruby and Sapphire doesn't sound anywhere near as good, despite losing the beepiness of the tune completely.

.:Alex:.

The music was great. I remember the first time I encountered a wild pokemon in Kanto... I so didn't expect the music to be different (and I loved that tune)! There was something so... traditional and definitive about it. The music you hear in the latest games is good, but it lacks a certain magic that this particular music has. Even the remixed version of the Entei/Suicune/Raikou battle theme in Ruby and Sapphire doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the original, despite losing the beepiness of the tune completely.

Last edited:

Revenge of Porygon

Electric Soldier
I still remember the sprout tower music, i wandered around in there for days just humming along,, definentley the best music of all the generations.

Well, I liked G/S/C music the best. My favorites were Ecruteak City and Mahogany Town. I was always kind of disappointed that each song was repeated--it was in 2 places, but I got over it. I was quite happy when some of the songs came back in FR/LG in the Sevii Islands, but...I'm really hoping for a game that lets us revisit Johto--I miss Pryce, he's my favorite Gym Leader of them all [Candice is an insult to ice-type trainers]. So, perhaps after Platinum we'll be able to once again enjoy those lovely Johto Tunes.

You know, it just hit me. The first Pokemon gae I ever played was Gold. Maybe that's why the music is so memorable to me--Good Times, Good Times...

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
I love the G/S/C background music, which is why it's a shame that most of the anime remixes haven't been released. :( Though I was disappointed to lose R/B/Y Cinnabar Island theme... That's my favorite tune from Pokemon to date.

Briankelly130

the music i liked best from G/S/C was the music that plays after you leave cherrygrove city on the way to violet it also plays when you start a new game and you have that screen with prof. oak. That was real nice and catchy

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Best music ever! Way better than D/P!

Murkronos

AKA Kamikarasu
there is absolutely no doubt that gsc has the all-time best music of any pokemon game. let me give you some of my favorite tracks:
lucky radio show (used to ALWAYS play that while training in mt. silver)
Rocket encounter music
Kanto Gym Leader Music (BEST)
wataru/red's theme
kanto trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.