• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did G/S/C have the best music out of all 4 gens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd gen and 4th gen were way better than 2nd gen. I do have to admit though, 2nd gen had a "fresh" style, but it got old very quickly. The remixes in the Kanto region weren't so bad.

fix'd

What does everyone love about gen 4? THere was a phys. spec. split. Only thing I liked.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I'm going to have to agree that the 2nd gen had the best music.
My favorite was the Lake of Rage theme, and I thought it was awesome it was used in FR/LG.

Pearl's Perap

Most definitely, the Rocket music was actually amazing. To this date, the game still has my favourite soundtrack and the re-made tracks in FR/LG made my life.

S31R31

The 90's
Most definitely, the Rocket music was actually amazing. To this date, the game still has my favourite soundtrack and the re-made tracks in FR/LG made my life.

I like that Team Rocket music too. I used to have it as my message alert for my phone.

dkc46

I deffinately prefer this music to all the other generations music.
the tracks that were remade in fr and lg were good

Kollar

Gold and Silver's music really is great. It gets stuck in my head even after all these years. But I kinda like Red and Blue's music more.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I agree with Kollar's post; the second gen music was full of win. I love the battle ones and some of the tunes were soothing, like that place where you battle those girls with the kimono girls and thier eeveelutions. It even had a radio station, that's some awesomesauce for ya. I really enjoyed the music where you battle with your rival. I think the main reason why I want a re-make so I could listen to the music again revamped. Even thought I forget the twons names sometimes, the music is still in my head. As a music lover and game girl, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

gtab x3

I think the music was classic nintendo old games, nothing really good. but my all time favorites were in r/s/e, i literally hated the fr/lg music, it was the worst

ATR

IMHO, G/S/C only decent music for me was when you fought the Champion, Red, and your Rival (at the Elite Four).

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I don't think it was the greatest, but it was pretty good. My favorites were the champion encounter themes, and the Kanto Gym leaders.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
The 4th Gen Music was better. But in my order of the best music in the main Pokemon RPG.
1. 4th Gen
2. 2nd Gen & 3rd Gen
3. 1st Gen.

The Kanto music for most of the towns sucked.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Pingouin7 said:
Hell no!

Why would GBC music be better than GBA music of DS?

..They do sound different,but that's just because of the way GBC music was prosessed.
If you really listen to it,it can be better,or just as good...Oh,and you mean "or".

Anyway..
It's probably because I my first actual(Colleseum doesn't count) game was Diamond,but I prefer the 4th generation music.
I like the music alot,especially the music just outside the building where you fight the Elite Four and Cynthia.

...And for some reason,I like the 1st generation music over the 2nd generation.

Last edited:

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
GSC is the only generation I won't play the whole game with the sound off. :3
Maybe it's just the nausea of my younger years.

burninator59

it wasnt the best, but most of the remixed kanto music was pretty awesome.
EDIT: Rank up!

Last edited:

Ma' Pimp Hand
It was the best! Definitely. I also like the remixes in Diamond and Pearl.

Status
Not open for further replies.