• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did George W. Bush do anything right?

BigLutz

Banned
IMO, he f***ed things up. Sorry for the awful language, but he did. For one, he put our troops in Iraq. Let them fight their own war!

We tried that, they were mowed down by Saddam Hussain's forces in 1992. Farmers with shot guns do not fair well against Helicopter Gunships.

IPlus, I think Osama Bin Laden might be dead or something.

Didn't he just send a message to Obama just a month before during the Cario speech?

That, and he is one is the dumbest people alive. Dumber than Paris Hilton, in a way. And THAT, people, is clearly sending a strong message.

That's a opinion based on how well he can speak in public, a factor that may or may not be from dyslexia. In reality he is a pretty smart man, and his actions back that up. Look beyond your own bias and his speeches, and look more at his actions.

IHe was not prepared at ALL for Hurricane Katrina.

They were prepared, New Orleans ended up pretty well from the Hurricane alone. New Orleans wasn't prepared for the Levies to break and gangs to be roaming the rooftop shooting at rescuerers. Considering the size of Katrina, and the area it hit, and what they had to deal with in New Orleans. They did a damn good job.

He doesn't act like a President should. :/

I assume you believe he should act more like our current one, you know, the guy that went out for Ice Cream while Iranians were having acid sprayed on them while protesting in the streets.

I assume you believe he should act more like our current one, you know, the guy that went out for Ice Cream while Iranians were having acid sprayed on them while protesting in the streets.

To be fair, you can't use that against him. There's horrible things going on in the world every second. Darfur, for example. Bush, nor Obama have done anything on that, and I'm sure they've both gone out for a snack while a woman in Darfur is being raped.

BigLutz

Banned
To be fair, you can't use that against him. There's horrible things going on in the world every second. Darfur, for example. Bush, nor Obama have done anything on that, and I'm sure they've both gone out for a snack while a woman in Darfur is being raped.

Personally I don't blame him, but I am also sick of the Left ( Well Michael Moore ) using the clip of Bush on the Golf Course talking about Palestinian Terrorism. Either way during a major international event, it just looks bad to have "Daddy day out" when the fate of a nation could rest on what happened on Saturday.

DragonRay8

the shadowtrainer
1. his *** only ****ing got re elected becouse he was white

2 he didn't do **** at all i don't care what anybody says he didnot do ****. all he did was put us in this ****ing encomic crisis now.

3. he fought in a pointless war which got thousands killed INCLUDEING MY DAD

4 i hate him NO MORE REPUBLICANS

5 i hate him

6 i hate him

7 I HATE HIM HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING RIGHT!

BigLutz

Banned

Kerry was White as well, unless I missed something?

2 he didn't do **** at all i don't care what anybody says he didnot do ****. all he did was put us in this ****ing encomic crisis now.

Need to learn some history on the economic crisis, he didn't put us in it.

You're dad is a hero. You do dishonor his memory by saying it was a pointless war.

5 i hate him

6 i hate him

Wow a bit of anger and alot of stupidity in this post.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
I can understand his anger, its hard to feel the impact of what his father helped achieve in daily american life. So it can feel pointless from that perspective.

ccangelopearl1362

I will admit to being amazed at the rage I sense out of DragonRay8, and perhaps such rage is just as evident, if not more so, among other segments of the American left. An analysis of certain protests conducted against George Walker Bush by the likes of Cindy Sheehan may likely be appropriate in order to estimate the level of hatred leveled against him and his advisors – most notably Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, and Donald Rumsfeld – during the past eight years. In Ms. Sheehan’s case, her son died in Operation Iraqi Freedom, fighting to take down any jihadists still ravaging that country after Saddam Hussein was overthrown. Indeed, the Right Brothers cited her in that song of theirs as being wrong alongside Ted Kennedy and France. How wrong could one female protester be about the freedom agenda? She apparently visited Egypt to march in solidarity with… an organization that personifies international jihadism itself.:

YouTube: American Islamic Forum for Democracy: Zuhdi Jasser’s February 14, 2008, discussion with Glenn Beck of the Muslim Brotherhood

Glenn Beck said that since the Muslim Brotherhood stands against almost everything Sheehan professes to stand for, Sheehan is “either shockingly naïve, dangerously crazy – or more likely, both”, and Zuhdi Jasser called it “the central nervous system of political Islam around the world”. The Muslim Brotherhood would assemble Sharia experts, including Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, in order to impose submission to Allah into Egypt’s system of law if it were to overrun that country, similar to Iran’s ayatollahs in certain ways. The similarities couldn’t be more striking nowadays, at least to yours truly, and incredibly, Sheehan and others are more willing to express hatred of Bush and end up siding with America’s enemies. Jasser pointed out that feminists and others with whom Sheehan isn’t protesting have stood against Hosni Mubarak, and he (Jasser) called this a case of “cultural relativism”, the notion – as embraced by Sheehan – that Americans want democracy and Muslims and Arabs want theocracy. Such a way of thinking may be more dangerous than we think, going all the way back to 2003.:

Townhall.com: Charles Krauthammer: Bush Derangement Syndrome

Charles Krauthammer was not only the first columnist I remember to alert the American public to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s belief in the imminent emergence of the Hidden Imam, but also the columnist who coined “Bush Derangement Syndrome”, defined as “the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency – nay – the very existence of George W. Bush”. Mr. Krauthammer cited Howard Dean’s reference to a theory that the Saudis warned Bush before the Twin Towers were hit, and this was at a time when Dean was seeking the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination. Krauthammer recalled that the last politician to embrace this idea – one Cynthia McKinney – lost her job in the 2002 primaries, but this syndrome had originally prevailed in Hollywood, as in the case of Barbra Streisand, who complained that Bush was dragging the United States into Iraq to satisfy such corporate sponsors such as the logging industry. One can only wonder how far Bush Derangement Syndrome raged across the United States over the past eight years, even leading up to the election of Barack Obama.

I will admit to being amazed at the rage I sense out of DragonRay8, and perhaps such rage is just as evident, if not more so, among other segments of the American left. An analysis of certain protests conducted against George Walker Bush by the likes of Cindy Sheehan may likely be appropriate in order to estimate the level of hatred leveled against him and his advisors – most notably Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, and Donald Rumsfeld – during the past eight years. In Ms. Sheehan’s case, her son died in Operation Iraqi Freedom, fighting to take down any jihadists still ravaging that country after Saddam Hussein was overthrown. Indeed, the Right Brothers cited her in that song of theirs as being wrong alongside Ted Kennedy and France. How wrong could one female protester be about the freedom agenda? She apparently visited Egypt to march in solidarity with… an organization that personifies international jihadism itself.:

YouTube: American Islamic Forum for Democracy: Zuhdi Jasser’s February 14, 2008, discussion with Glenn Beck of the Muslim Brotherhood

Glenn Beck said that since the Muslim Brotherhood stands against almost everything Sheehan professes to stand for, Sheehan is “either shockingly naïve, dangerously crazy – or more likely, both”, and Zuhdi Jasser called it “the central nervous system of political Islam around the world”. The Muslim Brotherhood would assemble Sharia experts, including Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, in order to impose submission to Allah into Egypt’s system of law if it were to overrun that country, similar to Iran’s ayatollahs in certain ways. The similarities couldn’t be more striking nowadays, at least to yours truly, and incredibly, Sheehan and others are more willing to express hatred of Bush and end up siding with America’s enemies. Jasser pointed out that feminists and others with whom Sheehan isn’t protesting have stood against Hosni Mubarak, and he (Jasser) called this a case of “cultural relativism”, the notion – as embraced by Sheehan – that Americans want democracy and Muslims and Arabs want theocracy. Such a way of thinking may be more dangerous than we think, going all the way back to 2003.:

Townhall.com: Charles Krauthammer: Bush Derangement Syndrome

Charles Krauthammer was not only the first columnist I remember to alert the American public to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s belief in the imminent emergence of the Hidden Imam, but also the columnist who coined “Bush Derangement Syndrome”, defined as “the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency – nay – the very existence of George W. Bush”. Mr. Krauthammer cited Howard Dean’s reference to a theory that the Saudis warned Bush before the Twin Towers were hit, and this was at a time when Dean was seeking the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination. Krauthammer recalled that the last politician to embrace this idea – one Cynthia McKinney – lost her job in the 2002 primaries, but this syndrome had originally prevailed in Hollywood, as in the case of Barbra Streisand, who complained that Bush was dragging the United States into Iraq to satisfy such corporate sponsors such as the logging industry. One can only wonder how far Bush Derangement Syndrome raged across the United States over the past eight years, even leading up to the election of Barack Obama.
Don't stereotype the left as hating Bush, when Moderates, Independents, and even Republicans hate Bush, too. Didn't he leave office with a 20% approval rating? So unless you're suggest 80% of this country is part of "left wing propoganda" I wouldn't make such generalizing statements.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

5 i hate him

6 i hate him

wo, dude calm down.

I feel for the loss of your dad, but this wasn't the only pointless war in history. (Vietnam, Korean)

The economic crisis wasn't caused by him, the media played a big part of it.

He got re-elected cuase obviously he did a good job, not because he's white, that has nothing to do with it.

Nope...

Bush was a bad President because he didn't trust his own judgement. He was inexperienced when he started, but he knew it.

So he surrounded himself in very experienced advisers. Unfortunately, these advisers didn't usually agree on anything. And so Bush was forced to make a choice between who he would listen to; the major choice being between **** Cheney (Vice President) and Colin Powell (Secretary of State). Bush made the wrong choice and went with Cheney.

Though Cheney was experienced, his major experience came during the President Nixon years. Nixon was forced to resign when it was coming close to light that he had been a major part of the Watergate scandal. What Cheney should have taken away from that as a lesson was that not even the President is above the law. What he took instead was that the law can be broken, just make sure the President doesn't know about it so he can't be on the hook for it.

And Bush trusted the man who took away that lesson. So Cheney, with Donald Rumsfeld's (Secretary of Defense) help, pushed out Colin Powell and sent Bush on a path that would eventually lead us into the Iraq War. A war that would later be proven to be rather costly, but rather unnecessary. Over 4000 American soldiers, over 4000 soldiers of our allies, and millions of Iraqis died for that decision; a decision that has now attained a cost in the trillions of dollars and been a major cause of our current economic distress. Economic distress so bad that many believe it is the precursor to the second Great Depression.

I don't hate Bush, but I wish he had known what he was doing, or at least who to go to for advice. He really could have been a great President; but his choice in advisers destroyed any chance of that occurring. He learned much, and in fact his second four years are a testament to someone being able to learn to be a good leader. Unfortunately, no one can see that because of all the problems occurring because of the decisions of his first four years.

BigLutz

Banned
A war that would later be proven to be rather costly, but rather unnecessary. Over 4000 American soldiers, over 4000 soldiers of our allies, and millions of Iraqis died for that decision; a decision that has now attained a cost in the trillions of dollars and been a major cause of our current economic distress. Economic distress so bad that many believe it is the precursor to the second Great Depression.

So far your logic is sound but it begins to fall apart here, for one there is no gage as to how many Iraqis have died, saying millions is a bit of a blind guess. Second the Iraq war cost around 694 billion not "trillions" as you say. Third and most importantly, it was not a major cause of our current economic distress. While many do believe in correctly that it is a precursor to the Second Great Depression ( When we havn't even reached Jimmy Carter levels of Depression ). To say that a war that just now is costing around 600 billion dollars and even less when the Recession started in late 07, was a major cause of it, is a flat out lie.

BigLutz

Banned
Good to see two absolutely uninformed dolts posting on here, you know if you two really are not going to contribute anything to the topic or discussion why even post here?

Dewgonger

Good to see two absolutely uninformed dolts posting on here, you know if you two really are not going to contribute anything to the topic or discussion why even post here?

Ok Ok, i guess my post was a little bit immature for a serious debate. But basically what I'm trying to say is I didn't really like Bush. I mean of course he did stuff right. But he did a lot of things I didn't like as well.

BigLutz

Banned
Ok Ok, i guess my post was a little bit immature for a serious debate. But basically what I'm trying to say is I didn't really like Bush. I mean of course he did stuff right. But he did a lot of things I didn't like as well.

Seeing this IS a debate forum, why don't we discuss them? I mean this isn't Misc where you come on, do a quick post, and never come back. You do have to defend your view point.

Dewgonger

Seeing this IS a debate forum, why don't we discuss them? I mean this isn't Misc where you come on, do a quick post, and never come back. You do have to defend your view point.

Well first off, I never really liked how he handled Iraq. I mean thats a really touchy subject because I believe Saddam should have been removed whether or not he had so called weapons of mass destruction, but if they left after that Iraq would be in worse position than before. So it probably would have been better to do nothing to begin with.

Also, when he was told about what happend on 9/11 the guy just sat in the classroom and did nothing. Thats really not what a true leader should do.

I never liked how the governments response to Katrina was so slow either. That was a huge disaster that needed quick aid.

Well those are basically my opinions, I don't follow American politics as much, but what I had seen of bush I overall didn't like.

BigLutz

Banned
Well first off, I never really liked how he handled Iraq. I mean thats a really touchy subject because I believe Saddam should have been removed whether or not he had so called weapons of mass destruction, but if they left after that Iraq would be in worse position than before. So it probably would have been better to do nothing to begin with.

Well thats up for debate, I would consider one thing, Iraq and Iran were brutal enemies of eachother, which is why Saddam kept around the WMDs. Seeing how we now know Iran would be going into full scale R and D for Nukes beginning in atleast 2002. Do you think Saddam would have just sat around and allowed his biggest enemy gain nukes? If we never went into Iraq, we could be seeing a full scale nuclear arms race between two insane countries.

Also, when he was told about what happend on 9/11 the guy just sat in the classroom and did nothing. Thats really not what a true leader should do.

The Secret Service would not have let him leave, after a major attack they did not want to have the President on the move until they were absolutely sure nothing would happen. Seeing how they had already had one suspicious event already in the day with a man trying to get near the President. Not to mention he would have gotten in the way. Oh and there was the issue of his Press Secretary sitting in the back of the room holding up a sign in big bold letters saying "DON’T SAY ANYTHING YET"

Of course none of those things are reported, because its easier to take the Michael Moore path and believe he sat there with his thumb up his butt for no reason.

I never liked how the governments response to Katrina was so slow either. That was a huge disaster that needed quick aid.

You do realize Katrina hit other areas much harder, and that there were people shooting at those bringing in aid.

Last edited:
So far your logic is sound but it begins to fall apart here, for one there is no gage as to how many Iraqis have died, saying millions is a bit of a blind guess. Second the Iraq war cost around 694 billion not "trillions" as you say. Third and most importantly, it was not a major cause of our current economic distress. While many do believe in correctly that it is a precursor to the Second Great Depression ( When we havn't even reached Jimmy Carter levels of Depression ). To say that a war that just now is costing around 600 billion dollars and even less when the Recession started in late 07, was a major cause of it, is a flat out lie.

My mistake.

Seriously.... why even post if you don't even know what you guys are saying?