• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did George W. Bush do anything right?

Just to clarify, the American people as a majority didn't want George Bush the first time around, he lost the popular vote. However, because of the electoral college he won.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Just to clarify, the American people as a majority didn't want George Bush the first time around, he lost the popular vote. However, because of the electoral college he won.

Yes, but to bad that's not how our democracy works (Popular vote)...

And I keep wondering how Al Gore would've handled 9/11...

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
I didnt think he was horrible, but he wasnt the greatest. He did pass that bill that stopped thousands of children from being molested, but then again, he took almost a year of accumulated vacation time.

Farmermon

Is back once again!
I didnt think he was horrible, but he wasnt the greatest. He did pass that bill that stopped thousands of children from being molested, but then again, he took almost a year of accumulated vacation time.

yeah, not the best, nor the greatest. BUT WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING? VACATION??? FOR A YEAR(almost) must be nice... but if your running the country vacation should be your least worry

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy

You have to give him a break, he had a lot to deal with. I'm sure if something major happend he'd go right back to the White House.

BigLutz

Banned
On the vacation thing I would ask for you two to consider two things.

A: Even on Vacation the President carries a full staff and state of the art equipment in which he can govern from and be in constant contact. This isnt the 1970s, it was 2000 - 2008, where he had state of the art web conference technology.

B: Much of that Vacation most likely happened during the time Congress was on Vacation, as all of you know Congress takes month long vacation ( All of August ), and also did his diplomatic trips also count as Vacation? Just curious as to what did and didn't count as Vacation time.

xXBlastBurnXx

I find Bush was quite funny, I've had quite a few laughs about things hes done. But I can't seem to figure out why kindergarden education is more important then terrorist attacks.

And I keep wondering how Al Gore would've handled 9/11...
Watch that one family guy episode, life would be very simlar to the Jetsons.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
I find Bush was quite funny, I've had quite a few laughs about things hes done. But I can't seem to figure out why kindergarden education is more important then terrorist attacks.

We have been through this multiple times, the Secret Service would not have let him out, and his Press Secretary was holding up a sign saying "Dont say anything" best thing a President, any President could have done in that situation was let the people who were hired to do their job, do their job.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
We have been through this multiple times, the Secret Service would not have let him out, and his Press Secretary was holding up a sign saying "Dont say anything" best thing a President, any President could have done in that situation was let the people who were hired to do their job, do their job.

So now youre saying the press secretary was telling him how to do his job? :/

BigLutz

Banned
So now youre saying the press secretary was telling him how to do his job? :/

Press Secretary was one of his senior staff in the room, knew how the reaction would play if he left, and probably was being told to pass the message to him from other members of his senior staff. It's a break in protocol and incredibly rude if one of his senior staff were to approach him, in fact it caused quite a stur when they came up to tell him that a attack had happened.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Press Secretary was one of his senior staff in the room, knew how the reaction would play if he left, and probably was being told to pass the message to him from other members of his senior staff. It's a break in protocol and incredibly rude if one of his senior staff were to approach him, in fact it caused quite a stur when they came up to tell him that a attack had happened.

So, basically,they were protecting bush. And yes, If he left, the reaction would not be so kind.

BigLutz

Banned
So, basically,they were protecting bush. And yes, If he left, the reaction would not be so kind.

Yes, there had already been a event earlier in the day with a Middle Eastern Film Crew trying to gain access to Bush with no one knowing who they were, he was not at the White House meaning even though the school was locked down they still had him pretty exposed, and of course they didn't know if a hijacked plane could be heading their way.

And of course it would be best not to have the President in the middle of the situation room asking questions and having to be briefed while a national security event is going on and the joint chiefs and military are struggling to do their job.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Yes, there had already been a event earlier in the day with a Middle Eastern Film Crew trying to gain access to Bush with no one knowing who they were, he was not at the White House meaning even though the school was locked down they still had him pretty exposed, and of course they didn't know if a hijacked plane could be heading their way.

And of course it would be best not to have the President in the middle of the situation room asking questions and having to be briefed while a national security event is going on and the joint chiefs and military are struggling to do their job.

Mhm, because chaos could happen, and he could end up being abducted or killed. But why would there be a hijacked plane coming along their way.

BigLutz

Banned
Mhm, because chaos could happen, and he could end up being abducted or killed. But why would there be a hijacked plane coming along their way.

Same reason the plane that hit the Pentagon was supposedly trying to hit the White House before hand, killing the President would be a victory even bigger than taking down the WTC, and be a even larger psychological blow to the nation. Which is why Al Qaeda originally tried to kill the Pope and President Clinton.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Same reason the plane that hit the Pentagon was supposedly trying to hit the White House before hand, killing the President would be a victory even bigger than taking down the WTC, and be a even larger psychological blow to the nation. Which is why Al Qaeda originally tried to kill the Pope and President Clinton.

Ahh, I see. For the Glory of Killing the President, Thats terrible.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Ahh, I see. For the Glory of Killing the President, Thats terrible.

Yes it is, and I wouldn't of wanted that to happen to anyone, Obama or Bush.

ccangelopearl1362

Dallas Examiner: Doug Billings: President Obama's every speech does one thing: Improves George W. Bush's legacy
Gateway Pundit: Classy vs Classless: How Bush Handled Critics vs Obama

Sharp pessimism, or quiet seriousness? About seven months into Barack Obama’s presidency, speculation regarding comparisons to George W. Bush may already be emerging in various sectors of the United States, getting to be more and more widespread in the coming months. Bush didn’t seek to do something like lash out at and retaliate against his political opponents because… he may not have needed to. “In an interview, he once said that his spirituality and faith enabled him to feel true peace” with his convictions, wrote Doug Billings late this past July, including his (Bush’s) convictions about defending this country, from liberating Afghanistan and Iraq to wiretapping the jihadists’ telecommunications. Bush didn’t intend to apologize for either decision on his part, and as far as I’ve heard, he doesn’t intend to do so now, despite the evident insistence of the man criticizing him at an April 2006 town hall. I could admire how Bush began by affirming his difference of opinion with that man, then defending his policies, a small but still notable moment in this pattern of calm confidence I have sensed of Bush. Taking a more specific course, such confidence proved to be most helpful in steadying America’s activities across the Islamic Middle East, with a symbolic point of reference in Cairo, Egypt.:

Pajamas Media: Joseph Puder: Bush, Obama Take Two Different Approaches to Muslim Democracy

Then-Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice made certain to keep the focus on the desire for both freedom and governments to defend it. Unfortunately, now-President Barack Obama seeks to apologize for America’s stance against the dictatorships, petrodollar or otherwise, in the Islamic world, without citing India, Singapore, and other South Asian countries who also allied with the United States during the Cold War and have gone on to embrace global capitalism’s promise of prosperity and development for themselves. I would argue that Rice’s words about Iran proved prophetic in the past two months: “In Iran … people are losing patience with an oppressive regime that denies them their liberty and their rights. The appearance of elections does not mask the organized cruelty of Iran’s theocratic state. The Iranian people are capable of liberty. They desire liberty. And they deserve liberty.”. Obama may have claimed “Hope and Change” as his campaign mantra, but the George W. Bush freedom agenda gave millions of Muslims and non-Muslims alike across the Middle East sincere doses of both attributes as Bush and his advisors, from Rice to then-Vice-President Dick Cheney, sought to implement it as best they knew. One might simply just ask Osama bin Laden, the Taliban, or even my favorite early 21st century villain for affirmation of the basic strength behind Bush’s vision.:

Today’s Zaman: Iran’s Ahmadinejad compares Obama to Bush, demands apology
American Enterprise Institute: Lincoln, Churchill, Bush?

The irony is astounding, but I’m going to assume that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards don’t care much for internal American politics. Obama’s cancellation of those invites to Iranian diplomats to attend American Independence Day celebrations may stand by itself, but being the leader of the most powerful country on the planet, a country founded to stand for liberty, Obama may be in an even more unenviable position that he – or we – would guess, at least to hear from his usual supporters. Yes, the ayatollahs were fighting amongst each other in the weeks immediately following that sabotaged “election” this past June, but Afghanistan and Iraq’s (relative) freedom inspired the current Iranian protests, no doubt with help from Bush’s perseverance. America drove the Taliban and Al-Qaeda into the mountains along Afghanistan’s border with Pakistan in 2002, and as the year progressed, Bush and his advisors began to realize that a transformation of the Middle East’s political culture would be vitally important to defeating the implacable enemies that attacked America in late 2001, and thus did they decide to take the global counterjihad to the Islamists, forming a vision of freedom and real hope and change to counter their despotism. One might immediately assume that perseverance and courage would prove critical in such a project, but perhaps even I may have underestimated the resolve that Bush and his advisors displayed in standing squarely with the forces of freedom.:

British Broadcasting Corporation: Bush pays surprise visit to Iraq
Daily Telegraph: Neoconservatives plan Project Sarah Palin to shape future American foreign policy

Between risking having Air Force One shot down on its way to Baghdad and enlisting Sarah Palin in defense of American exceptionalism, George Walker Bush and his allies may get to be more and more impressive as time passes. That visit took place during the 2003 Thanksgiving holiday, and not even the Secret Service at the Bush family ranch was informed. When Bush touched down at Baghdad International Airport, the troops were aware only that a senior official would be delivering a message from him. I actually remember being amazed that the President of the United States would fly 6,000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, or anywhere between Europe and Africa, into an area infested by people who would have jumped at the chance to kill the living embodiment of everything they stood against had they learned that he and his advisors were anywhere near Baghdad. That BBC list of high-profile visits to Iraq may add a dose of well-deserved context to reveal George Walker Bush’s steady confidence and leadership during those early stages of Operation Iraqi Freedom, confidence that even Sarah Palin could applaud. If “neoconservatism”, or even “American conservatism”, means confidence in democracy, capitalism, and a strong military to promote and preserve America’s global interests and national security, then the good former Governor of Alaska may share a common vision with the good former President of America in such issues as energy exploration, missile defense, and Middle Eastern democratic pluralism. As ever, I will continue supporting Sarah Palin to the extent that she can promote or even enhance this vision of global freedom in the early 21st century, first set forth by George Walker Bush.