1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Did Max have a cameo in ORAS?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Nightlingbolt, May 25, 2018.

1. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

So I was messing around on Omega Ruby a bit, and it suddenly dawned on me that the NPC kid that tells you about Professor Birch being attacked (and later wishes you luck as you're "off to catch Pokemon") looks astonishingly like Max. Same hair, same glasses - yellow shirt, though, which I guess they don't want to conflict with the male School Kids? And I was like, "There's no way that's a unique model," so I scoured most of the towns in Hoenn, and I never saw a single model like it. I'm only missing Mauville and Pacifidlog, but I'm all but convinced that that model isn't in either of those places based on the fact it wasn't anywhere else.

I'm just making sure I'm not crazy here!

2. AuroraBeam

AuroraBeam Well-Known Member

I don't know about the remakes specifically; but in R/S there is a blue colored, glasses wearing, young boy npc in Littleroot that I always thought was who Max was based on. In Emerald, I think he gets replaced by a generic young boy npc that does reside in your rival's house--implying that he was their younger brother. Much like Max.

3. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

The NPCs you're thinking of use the School Kid/Ninja Boy sprites. I'd imagine the R/S version was supposed to be Max, but not the Emerald one. I'm just saying that this NPC I'm talking about has a unique model (as far as I'm aware), so if they were referencing Max, that would be the model with which to do it.