• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did PARANORMAL ACTIVITY scare you?

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
How did you feel about this love it or hate it horror flick? I was sighing and looking at the clock until about halfway through, and I wasn't even interested until lights started flicking on. When Katie was dragged from the bed, I nodded my head. 'Pretty cool', I thought. 'Now it might get good.'

And then the final scene. Holy Jesus. That's the first time EVER a movie has made me jump out of my chair shrieking swear words.

And an hour later, I'm too scared to go to bed. Ugh.

I'm so glad this was better than the Craptacular Blair Witch Project, but I wish it hadn't been quite *that* effective. The fact that I watched it alone with the lights off didn't help.

Vernikova

Champion
People were scared by it. I went with my sister and mom to watch it and I fell asleep pretty quickly. They didn't seem all that scared either and when I asked them about it they said it was "Okay". So yeah, it wasn't scary but really boring.

i watched the second one and then went home alone late at night from the theatre.... i was freaked. the first and second one were on par with each other

I got a little freaked out, until I saw the footprints that looked like they were made by a raptor. Then I just lost it. That was funny as heck.

As for the second,
I saw it in the theatres with my bros...that genuinely freaked me out, quite a few times. Until the chicks behind us kept shouting "NUH-UH GIRL, DON'T GO DOWN THERE, DON'T GO DOWN THERE. I TOLD YA'LL NOT TO GO DOWN THERE." They also shrieked like crazy when the dog got dragged off. The entire theatre was laughing.

So, kinda sorta. It was a psychological scare that I really enjoyed.

Oh yes! No two ways about it!

Never has a movie(s) scared me so much since The Ring.

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
Maybe a little frightening, but not scary. Once you get half way through the movie, you can pretty much see what's gonna happen from there.

-beautifly-

I slept with the lights on for about a week.
Maybe a 13 year old watching Paranormal Activity wasn't the best idea.

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
I saw it in the cinemas with a few of my friends, and had one of the girls I was with clinging to my arm the entire time. Turns out, out of the 4 of us, me and her were the most freaked out by it. xP

I actually couldn't sleep properly for 3 weeks after that. Horror movies make me proper paranoid. And I enjoyed The Blair Witch Project, too.

Paranormal Activity 2 was a steaming load of BS, though. Completely Hollywood-ified and not scary except for maybe 2 minutes at the end.

People actually got scared by this?

I saw both and was more interested in telling people to change my diapers if I crapped myself than in the actual movie.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I was pretty bored the whole way through it. I thought it would pick up towards the end but it was really stupid. I think the type of people it scares are those who were afraid of the dark when they were younger, so I naturally wasn't frightened in the slightest.

Palkia98

Me and my girlfriend saw it in the theaters, you know how girls jump into guys arms when scared/ yeah, this time, it was the other way, multiple times, but she did jump to me a fair bit of times, but still, it was very scary, still scared to close my door at night or get out of bed to pee

BeanerMan

Class of 11
No, i wasn't scared in the slightest. Both the movies were kinda boring to me. The second one made me laugh though.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
The first one got me on the edge of my seat and I admit I was frightened during the movie. But my entire theater wasn't scared during the gunshot sound, but all the black girls yelled "aw hell naw" when the guy appeared behind the girl and surprised her

Zekerom

My little Pwny!
Paranormal activity was epic, I was scared to death but I still loved it. The second one was a bit of a re-run, some stuff I already planned on seeing (like the moving objects in the house) but I think it was better. Paranormal activity is probably the scariest movie ever, or scariest that I've ever seen.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Not at all. I saw it in the theatre with some friends, and one of them insisted she'd be sleeping at my place because there wasn't anybody home at here place, she was too scared.

And she got even more freaked out when I said there are some unusual things going on most of the time in my father's house, but nothing too bad.

Butterfly

No, but it was a good movie, and I see why it scared people. I just don't get scared easily. I definitely like the psychological style over the "shock value" or "gore" styles.