• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Pokemon go Downhill?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Any person that says that the Kanto series was the best is obviously mentally challenged.
Hey, I hate the Kanto purists as much as the next guy, but don't you think that's a bit extreme? It's definitely insulting, that's for sure.

Phatkav

Waiting for FFXIII
Isn't Pokemon the top rated show on CN and was a hit on Kidswb? If this is all true then it doesn't seem to me that Pokemon went downhill.

Recently I'm discovering that a lot of my friends are into Pokemon, the video games or the anime. I never knew asking would will let you know that much about your friends.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
As stated before, it hasn't gone downhill. But as people get older, they don't want ANYONE to know they watch anything animated. (God forbid) They just keep it secret and deny it when asked. But I know. Oh, they can't escape my eyes. My school allows Gameboys at recess. And guess what? Except for the occasional racing game, I only see Pokemon.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Plotwise, yes. Helping-Nintendo-make-money-wise, no.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
As I know, the games is very popular still today, but the show, it had its ups and downs. Currently, there are many Pokemon fans out there, and some of course don't say they like it, then your considered uncool, but they do. I'm not embarassed at least that I like it, in fact it is basically the only kid show I watch these days.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
I find the show as a serious anime ridiculous - no good at all. BUT to view it as a comedic and inherently mature anime, it becomes much more enjoyable. Admittedly, I don't watch nor enjoy the show anymore, but nonetheless reading the hilarious synopses of various episodes on pokemopolis.net is nothing short of side-splitting. If you don't take the Pokemon show seriously (which I would hope is most people over the age of about 10).

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
*holds up flame sheild* I do not know why but I seem to look back on kanto and (*holds up flame barrier*) johto and think that they are better. I just miss the old pokemon, the days when TR was (fairly) evil and not just comic relief.

I've only watched 1 1/2 seasons, I wouldn't really know! But the lastest episodes seem pretty good.

The amine hasn't really gone downhill where I go, It's just no one can watch it due to the fact that the time it's shown, every one has left for school.

There are a lot of Asians at my school, so amine is always a hot topic!

I'd really like to see some more seasons...... But at the moment, there's no possible way for me....

Well, kids still like it. Maybe people who liked the anime in past are older now and they find pokemon boring and naive. When I was younger I liked the show but now I don't see it interesting. I even don't watch it anymore. Sometimes when I have nothing to do I watch it but usually I give upo with new, Shinou episodes. How long can I watch the history of Ash? Writers don't have ideas for new episodes. People dislike pokemon because they discovered new, more interesting and valuable anime than "pokemon".

It's seems that Elfin Laid and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are pretty popular with Asian crowds, but is it me, or am I the only one that wants too see some comedy in my amine rather then gore and Hentai?

Garbo

Well, I'm guessing you've only watched Elfen Laid, and not Haruhi..

I enjoyed Elfen, although mostly because it was very tragic and extreme right from the getgo. I haven't seen Haruhi, but I hear it's very good, and I doubt it has gore/nudity.

It's seems that Elfin Laid and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are pretty popular with Asian crowds, but is it me, or am I the only one that wants too see some comedy in my amine rather then gore and Hentai?
its called "fanservice" and for the airheads.you think pokemons childlish?watch the banned episodes and some parts of season one.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Diamond and Pearl certainly went up Plot Wise (the game that is, we'll see about the anime....)
Well, I was talking about the anime in this case.

EDIT:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya doesn't have gore or hentai. e_e

Last edited:
well for one thing,pokemons not violent as other "real" anime,people seem to be turned offed to pokemon because the moral is friendship and thinks its little kids stuff.look,friendship is a moral thats with you for the rest of your life and if ya think theres nothing deep about that,I suggest you watch a anime with nonthing but essesive violence and fanservice.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Personally, I don't think the quality of the games has gone downhill. Though, some of the designs of certain Pokemon didn't appeal to me at all. I'm looking forward to getting a copy of Diamond/Pearl when it hits the USA.

My favorite season was Kanto/Orange Islands, but I did enjoy episodes from all the other seasons afterward. AG was enjoyable to me in its first season (for the most part). However, I ended up really liking the Contest episodes and a few select others like "Do I hear a Ralts". To me, the anime has its ups and downs, it's never been overall perfect in a storytelling sense.

Redsoxpsyco

SarahPalinClubsSeals
Let me answer the simplest way that I can: YES!!!

Now for the long answer:

The Kanto, Orange, hell, even Johto region stories made more sense, and the main character's plot made more sense too. Ash traveled to get the gym badges so he could enter the Pokemon League. Now, Ash blindly walks through the Hoenn region to become a pokeon master, at least in all the episodes I've seen. Sure, they have May's plot with the contests, and that seems to work, but the main character should actually have a plot, and it doesn't.

The characters have changed too much:
Ash is no longer an idiot, which made it more amusing to watch.
Brock is just plain retarded, and the ear pulling should've stopped after Misty left.
Max had potential when they first appeared, (even though they repeated the bike thing.) but the plot made it so they really don't need him.

Also, the new voice actors are screwed up:
Ash sounds like he's high.
May's voice is just annoying.
Oak's voice doesn't sound human.
Max's is better now, but that's the only one.

The characters can no longer lose, not that they should lose all the time, but it adds better twists.

I haven't seen one good twist to the story because of a loss since Ash finished 16th in the pokemon league.

I thought when May missed that boat to the contest on the island (I'm too lazy to find out the name <_<) I thought that something bad finally happened. Then, convieniently, that guy in the mini-boat was there to take them.

The older seasons were the best, and I hope that someday, PUSA will realise that, and make them better than they are right now.