• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Pokemon go Downhill?

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
The people who hate it have zero taste in good anime. Go watch Hamtaro since that is your level of intelligence you idiots.

Hey, don't you go dissing Hamtaro! >.O

The boy turned his brother in to a suit of armur and he needs to fix his mess so they join the army to do it and then people die left and right because of a guy with a magic arm. That is so stupid.

Okay. So, how much of FMA did you see? A random commercial for it on Adult Swim? Hmm? FMA is not perfect (I mean, hey, what is?), but it has a better crafted storyline than Pokemon has ever had. That goes for both the manga and anime.

Yeah..but I don't think Pokemon is horrificly bad either as Outlawz is saying...

Yeah, I don't think it is either. ::Sigh:: The thing is, I feel more disappointed in it than anything else. Most of the time, I just end thinking of how the anime missed certain opportunities or how it could have improved something more or how I hate how they recycled a certain episode, etc. I don't like it when people say that a better storyline for a kids' show like Pokemon isn't possible because obviously something as kiddie-ish as Pokemon can't ever have one. Pokemon has potential to be just as good as any of the top animes, but the writers just don't put too much effort into their main storylines or into developing characters. And no, it doesn't need violence or fanservice to accomplish this.

Heheh. By the way, nice sig, Kojiro. XD I bet Gabster got a kick out of that one.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What I find curious is why these people continue to watch the anime year after year and post on a Pokemon forum if they dislike the show so much.

I wouldn't be still here if I didn't like the show, nor would I watch both the Japanese episodes and the dub episodes when they're new each Thursday and Saturday respectively.

Why do people continually watch something they don't like? It boggles the mind why they don't just stop watching as well as don't post in the forum for the anime.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
It's not that people who criticise the anime and say it isn't as good as they first watched it don't like it, it's just that they think it could do better than it does now and apparently filled with wasted potential.

With people like Outlawz, however, I see your point.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It has?Moved to Australia I guess

Outlawz

I'm a slasher!
Yes they are. The boy turned his brother in to a suit of armur and he needs to fix his mess so they join the army to do it and then people die left and right because of a guy with a magic arm. That is so stupid.

And trapping monsters in balls isnt? Dont get me wong i dont hate the anime but im not gunna set my alarm to 8:00am just to watch it, if its on when im up ill check it out, its perfect for younger kids but its a lil to corney for me but i really dont like any animes at all.

Last edited:

Metagross

Anime is getting better, but one thing i have to admit is it's wasted with potential.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
What I find curious is why these people continue to watch the anime year after year and post on a Pokemon forum if they dislike the show so much.

Well, I like certain episodes of the series and I am very fond of the Contest arc. But many of the other episodes just don't have much effort put into them. I think the D/P series has improved, but we'll have to wait to see if that sticks around (AG started off on a great note, so...).

Hey, don't you go dissing Hamtaro! >.O

Okay. So, how much of FMA did you see? A random commercial for it on Adult Swim? Hmm? FMA is not perfect (I mean, hey, what is?), but it has a better crafted storyline than Pokemon has ever had. That goes for both the manga and anime.

Yeah, I don't think it is either. ::Sigh:: The thing is, I feel more disappointed in it than anything else. Most of the time, I just end thinking of how the anime missed certain opportunities or how it could have improved something more or how I hate how they recycled a certain episode, etc. I don't like it when people say that a better storyline for a kids' show like Pokemon isn't possible because obviously something as kiddie-ish as Pokemon can't ever have one. Pokemon has potential to be just as good as any of the top animes, but the writers just don't put too much effort into their main storylines or into developing characters. And no, it doesn't need violence or fanservice to accomplish this.

Heheh. By the way, nice sig, Kojiro. XD I bet Gabster got a kick out of that one.

I knew only someone as stupid as you would watch Hamataro. I saw five episodes of that anime and it sucked. It will never reach the popularity of Pokemon. Pokemon is a great anime that will never be topped.

I never set my expectations high and enjoy it, I feel that's why people get dissapointed so much.

YOU THINK YOU ARE SO FUNNY BY PUTTING THAT PICTURE OF LANCE UP! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BY MAKING FUN OF ME? YOU ARE NOT FUNNY. YOU ARE A SAD PERSON! GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Dude, chill. I'm not insulting you or anything, I just have Lance in my sig.

And seriously, now your being as bad as the people you dislike for bashing people for liking Pokemon.

Dude, chill. I'm not insulting you or anything, I just have Lance in my sig.

And seriously, now your being as bad as the people you dislike for bashing people for liking Pokemon.

YES YOU ARE INSULTING ME! YOU ARE MAKING FUN OF ME FOR LIKING LANCE AND THAT IS NOT FAIR! This is it! This is going to be my last post in this forum. After this I will never return here. I am sick of people making fun of me. Good bye. Good ridance!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well you said that you were leaving before....and...

Seriously, it's a joke. You can ask, my sigs usually are mocking sarcasm, but it's not that big of a deal. Your the one calling people idiots for liking Hamtaro, and you are yelling at people for liking Shinji as well.

EDIT: And stop double posting. Edit! Edit!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
YES YOU ARE INSULTING ME! YOU ARE MAKING FUN OF ME FOR LIKING LANCE AND THAT IS NOT FAIR! This is it! This is going to be my last post in this forum. After this I will never return here. I am sick of people making fun of me. Good bye. Good ridance!

Make sure you keep your promise this time.

Last time you said that you came back anyway.

So long!

well man its a part of life,getting made fun in stuff.just say"man that was a good one".noones making fun of you for liking lance ok.chill,like the sign says "serebii.com forums","a place for everybody".

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Does pokemaster13 bear any relation to pokemaster95, by any chance?

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon

Hey, you're the one that's going about in this forum, declaring the superiority of Lance, it was only a matter of time before someone mocked you for it. Anyway, didn't you proclaim that you'd leave here before? Ah well, bye bye.

LSUkid007

<-ew blueberry juice
it hasnt gone down hill beacause if it had they would stop showing it. i just think everyone is to embassed to talk about it. for example, the other day in school i said remember the days when everyone used to like pokemon and a giant conversation broke out and alot of pll admit they still like it.if u dont believe me try it ur self