• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Pokemon go Downhill?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
it hasnt gone down hill beacause if it had they would stop showing it.
Yeah, try telling that to Simpsons or Family Guy. Staying on the air does not mean staying consistant.

xdeadpan

America's Sweetheart
The best season to me was the Orange Islands. It was pure fun and enjoyment. But of course I love the first season, too. I think most fans stopped watching during the middle of the Master Quest or maybe after Misty left. I think most fans that stopped watching are aware of May and Max though. The argument of Pokemon going downhill is based on the fact the overall outline of an episode is "repetitive," and although that's true we still get many side-adventures that keep the show interesting.

Rex Kamex

(looks at thread) Whoa...

The Pokemon series is still popular and successful on TV. I personally think that the quality of the show went down in mid-Johto and started going up again during AG. Not everything in AG (and Kanto) was great, but they were the better parts of the series. (However, Johto wasn't 100% bad either.)

Also, like people have been saying, criticizing a show doesn't mean that someone necessarily hates the show. It just means that they don't want to accept every single thing that happens in the show and act like it's flawless.

Also, LSUkid007, if the show continues to get great ratings on a channel, they'll keep airing it and new episodes no matter what the quality of the show is.

Any person that says that the Kanto series was the best is obviously mentally challenged. The series is very delicious in it is entirety but Kanto was the weakest even if it had my fave character Misty. The anime has not gone downhill it has been better. Pokemon is the best anime ever created.

Wait, wait... how was Kanto the weakest? I personally put Kanto right with AG, or at least Hoenn, and I know that not everyone agrees with that, but how exactly was Kanto the weakest?

And as interesting as the Battle Frontier episodes are, I don't think they're perfect. I also don't think that every single thing the writers have done in Pokemon will help the show. It doesn't stop me from watching the show, but you don't have to watch the show and think it's flawless.

Also, nobody said that Hamtaro was anything close to a masterpiece. Also, nobody said anything about it getting to be very popular.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think most fans stopped watching during the middle of the Master Quest or maybe after Misty left.

LOL, don't kid yourself. People stopped watching around mid-Johto because of how poor the episodes were. Three years of dull Johto fillers turned away most fans except for the die-hard Pokemon fans that stuck with it.

While some stubborn fans refused to watch the show when Misty left, what AG did was bring BACK fans of the show that stopped watching in the Johto era. I remember going on non-Pokemon forums back when AG first started and oeople said how they were starting to watch the anime again after stopping during Johto, because the episodes were better written and they were interested about the new cast.

Lord of elements

BURN SUCKA BURN!
When I see a gameboy sp, theres a 89% chance it's pokemon and I see it in school 5% of the time. People just don't want to admit they like kiddie shows.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
When I see a gameboy sp, theres a 89% chance it's pokemon and I see it in school 5% of the time. People just don't want to admit they like kiddie shows.

Playing the game doesn't mean you watch the show.

Just because someone is playing the RPG"s doesn't mean they're getting up every Saturday morning.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
i was a fan with the show through kanto. stopped watching at orange islands and like the first parts of johto then i wached it again when ash battled morty. and then i stuck with it somewhere through hoeen halfway stopped watching. then started watching again at about the time ash got his sixth badge. and now im still watching it now. through battle fronteir and probably will continue through diamond/pearl saga.

im sorry i REALLLLY cant spell today

Legendary Raikou

Yea I would say people stopped watching it in the early middle of the Jhoto saga, but there are still TONS AND TONS of people who still watch it. And the writers arn't slowing down one bit!

(looks at thread) Whoa...

The Pokemon series is still popular and successful on TV. I personally think that the quality of the show went down in mid-Johto and started going up again during AG. Not everything in AG (and Kanto) was great, but they were the better parts of the series. (However, Johto wasn't 100% bad either.)

Also, like people have been saying, criticizing a show doesn't mean that someone necessarily hates the show. It just means that they don't want to accept every single thing that happens in the show and act like it's flawless.

Also, LSUkid007, if the show continues to get great ratings on a channel, they'll keep airing it and new episodes no matter what the quality of the show is.

Wait, wait... how was Kanto the weakest? I personally put Kanto right with AG, or at least Hoenn, and I know that not everyone agrees with that, but how exactly was Kanto the weakest?

And as interesting as the Battle Frontier episodes are, I don't think they're perfect. I also don't think that every single thing the writers have done in Pokemon will help the show. It doesn't stop me from watching the show, but you don't have to watch the show and think it's flawless.

Also, nobody said that Hamtaro was anything close to a masterpiece. Also, nobody said anything about it getting to be very popular.

Kanto had no plot like the one they made in the Hoenn season! It got so boring to see Ash go on some stupid adventure with his friends. The comedy was so cheap in a bad way. I just can't believe people found it funny. It had no good way to show a plot.

Dude, I may be against Kanto Elitist, but it certainly wasn't terrible. Now your an annoying New Age person.

And didn't you leave for good...twice?

I did not want you or Franky to drive me out of this forum so I came back. How am I new age? What is that?

Dark_style

Washu's Lover
I think the show ceratinly has. But the games have gotten way better.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Kanto had no plot like the one they made in the Hoenn season!
Badge Collecting and A League™ vs. Badge Collecting and A League™.

The sheer difference is overwhelming!
It got so boring to see Ash go on some stupid adventure with his friends.
SATOSHI IS ON SOME STUPID ADVENTURE WITH HIS FRIENDS ALL THE DAMN TIME. WHAT ARE THOSE TWO STRANGERS THAT FOLLOW HIM AROUND? WHY, THOSE ARE CALLED FRIENDS. WHAT IS HE ON? AN ADVENTURE TO COLLECT BADGES AND COMPETE IN A LEAGUE.

HE WAS ON AN ADVENTURE WITH HIS FRIENDS IN THE BEGINNING AND HE IS RIGHT NOW.

UBER CRITISM FTFW.

...No, I was not yelling. I posted that in caps to make sure your little eyes can read it.
The comedy was so cheap in a bad way.
Please tell me, how was the comedy cheap?
I just can't believe people found it funny. It had no good way to show a plot.
Kanto was the period where it had potential to show a plot, not to mention set up everything for your precious!Jouto up til now.

If you thought the comedy was cheap, I honestly don't know how you got into the show in the first place, since ya' know: KANTO WAS THE WEAKEST PERIOD COMPARED TO JOUTO, AMMIRITE??

...How did I know you were going to come back from the beginning??

Outlawz

I'm a slasher!
The new one is better ask anyone here!!!!!!

Nope Kanto was the best thats when cartoons were worth waking up for early saturday mornings, The new ones are still pretty good but a little to corny for me and may annoys me and contests in general annoy me.

Nope Kanto was the best thats when cartoons were worth waking up for early saturday mornings, The new ones are still pretty good but a little to corny for me and may annoys me and contests in general annoy me.

Pokemon, if anything, has gotten less corny as it has gone on.

And while you may not like contests and Haruka, you still have to appreciate that they added SOMETHING to actually spice the anime up. Without them, we'd have had another Johto.

Outlawz

I'm a slasher!
Pokemon, if anything, has gotten less corny as it has gone on.

And while you may not like contests and Haruka, you still have to appreciate that they added SOMETHING to actually spice the anime up. Without them, we\'d have had another Johto.

Well yea I\'d rather watch Contests than fillers I dont dislike them that much.