• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Pokemon go Downhill?

Pacman

Pokemon has gone Downhill, IMO. Pokemon, was the most popular with the G/S/C era. Now, alot of fans are still here, but it is no longer, the 'cool' thing to like.

Now, about Moaning about Misty and not enjoying AG, well, taking Misty out for some episodes wasn't a bad idea actually for she needed some rebuilding after Johto but she should have returned and maybe returned as a strong trainer, prolly as a rival of Ash too.

Misty is an official gym leader now. She can't just quit and return to being Ash's traveling friend. Plus, I don't see the point of having Misty back in the group. I mean, she would just be this random waste of space (like Brock is), since Hikari is the new co-star and she actually has a role.

Pokemon has gone Downhill, IMO. Pokemon, was the most popular with the G/S/C era. Now, alot of fans are still here, but it is no longer, the 'cool' thing to like.

Its true, that a lot of people lost interest in Pokemon. But that doesn't mean more people are starting to gain interest in it. Pokemon became 'uncool' during my Middle School years. I still, liked it. But, I lost interest in it during Johto. What got my interest back was AG. And it seems like a lot of people got their interest back by AG. And a lot of people lost interest during Johto.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

So? That was a given. No fad lasts forever.

It didn't help matters that the three year Johto seasons bored people to the point where they stopped watching, and while some returned with AG, a lot of people didn't.

While there is no fad anymore, Pokemon was still always in the top 3 shows ratings wise on KidsWB. Right now its one of Cartoon Networks highest rated shows, which is why the damn channel is rushing through the episodes and airing new eps every weekday at 8pm.

CN may be getting great ratings, but the the way they're rushing through the season is pitiful.

Rex Kamex

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I looked at the D/P saga so far, and found it to be mostly too 3-year-ish, but since most of the North American/European population is at least a little older than that, in my opinion, if the Episodes don't get any better when the D/P saga goes to the 1st couple Gyms or so in Japan, then the D/P saga, when it premieres next fall in North America, might force the pokemon anime in America into stateside-finale mode and then European-finale mode, then becoming downgraded even more and more as time goes by, eventually confining Pokemon to Japan for a few years before finally ceasing to exist...

As for the BF saga, it's better, but it has some drawbacks as well: Many Americans are still not watching Pokemon even though they may have lost when the reason why they were not watching, which is the VA situation that occured in the early stages of 2006, has been declared a large group of whiners... I don't watch shows w/ controveries like that involved unless I see documented proof that convinces me otherwise... So far, I don't see any official proof but still, the unofficial community knows the outcome, but until official proof comes out from PUSA or another source, I'm not watching, but I'm playing the games...

As for the earlier sagas:

Hoenn: Second-best saga until the legendary skirmish that started on "Gaining Groudon", then started to turn bad...

Johto: Endless fillers made this saga turn a good show into a bad show temporarily, but when Hoenn came out, the show turned good once more...

Orange Islands, Kanto: All-around, the third-best Pokemon saga... And we all know why it's true...

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Battle Frontier saga is getting the highest ratings on Cartoon Network other than Class of 3000 and a handful of other shows. Whether people dislike the new VA's or not, they're still watching.

As for Hoenn, just because Team Magma/Aqua had a poor ending doesn't mean the rest of the saga did. After that was the last two Gyms, two Contests, GF, league and a whole bunch of great episodes inbetween. Advanced Battle was really good. People need to think of what ELSE happened besides Groudon/Kyorge.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
While there is no fad anymore, Pokemon was still always in the top 3 shows ratings wise on KidsWB. Right now its one of Cartoon Networks highest rated shows, which is why the damn channel is rushing through the episodes and airing new eps every weekday at 8pm.

CN may be getting great ratings, but the the way they're rushing through the season is pitiful.

I really don't like how CN is handling this. The only way it can really be justified is if they are trying to get through BF so they can show D/P. However, doesn't the series need to be ahead by a lot of episodes or something before they can start dubbing it? Or would it still work if the Japanese series and the English one are really close in the air dates?

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
The Battle Frontier saga is getting the highest ratings on Cartoon Network other than Class of 3000 and a handful of other shows. Whether people dislike the new VA's or not, they're still watching.

As for Hoenn, just because Team Magma/Aqua had a poor ending doesn't mean the rest of the saga did. After that was the last two Gyms, two Contests, GF, league and a whole bunch of great episodes inbetween. Advanced Battle was really good. People need to think of what ELSE happened besides Groudon/Kyorge.

On terms of those sagas, my post applies mostly about Americans that are NOT like, pre-second-grade age but still older than 3 years of age... Thank you for the comment...

Last edited:
to tell you the truth i liked johto more than i liked AG...during johto i was really excited, like "oh yay the second region of pokemon...its a 'whole new world we live in' " lots of filler episodes yes, but it was probably my most favorite region just because i was a pokephenatic at the time, ready for brand new pokemon

i lost interest during AG because even though i still liked pokemon and the show i just woke up saturday morning and said "meh, i don't have anything else to do today, i'll just stay in bed and watch pokemon"
pokemon got so much more "technological" during AG, and with new clothes on the characters, the departure of misty, and new tropical colored pokemon, it just didn't have the same feel that i had grown to love during johto

i don't know, but thats the truth of how it went for me

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well Johto was really exciting because it was the first time we had a new land and a whole new batch of Pokemon.

I was VERY excited about Johto when it first came out and watched every episode religiously...until it turned out to suck with horrible filler between each Gym, no character development for anybody, the butchering of Misty's character, and Ash's Pokemon team were wasted potential because they should have evolved.

Also a point is that we were all younger when Johto was airing, so we got excited more easily. When you get older you don't get excited like a little kid anymore just because Pokemon is new. That also has something to do with it.