• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Serebii Die?

I've been wondering this for a while.

In the English version of Celebi, Sam says something along the lines of "Now it's too late because Celebi is going to die."

But I have heard others say Serebii did die in the Japanese version, and was revived, not SAVED, by the other Celebi (as the English version makes it sound).

So did Serebii die in the original for sure and was then revived, or was it going to die and was saved? Anyone know?

Heracross

Custom User Title
Couldn't you have asked in the movie thread?

Anyway, yes, he did indeed die in the original version.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The fansub I have played it out rather like the dub. I got the impression that it died in both, but Sammy/Ash didn't want to admit it.

Thriller

Its almost time
El oh el, I wish I can see n00bs faces if they think that the thread title means that Joe died...

Yes, Celebi died, no one watered him and he wilted away.

Poké_Master

Indigo Champion
Churly Ryan said:
El oh el, I wish I can see n00bs faces if they think that the thread title means that Joe died...

Sounds kind of like my plants... [img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/img139]

Chris

Old Coot
I wouldn't say that they revived it, but more or less saved it from being completely dead. A body can be pretty much revived from the very brink of death if it's quickly and in the very moment of death, as opposed to minutes or hours after.

setokaibarocket

Not on much anymore.
I think that in both the english and japanese versions, Celebi died and was revived.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Churly Ryan said:

Arg, I thought they meant Joe died :mad:
But CHOY! Read too much jap name until I'm get confused!
Anyway, I think that the ;251;Celebi turned brown and withered, then being revived

Chris

Old Coot
..Why the hell would we be talking about Joe being dead in the anime section? --;

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
He died in the English version too. It shriveled up. Then all of its "friends" appeared and brought it back to life.

Latios was the first Pokemon to "die" if I'm correct...xD

~Scott;229;

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
I know this has probably been asked already, and IIRC it's not in the faq, but were those Serebiis that appeared...y'know...different ones, or were they the same one, but from the past? (They couldn't be from the future, due to the fact that it would have died in the past...( I think. Although, having timetraveled once in the first place would have created an infinite ammount of dimensions, so...meh. x.x; )

Chris

Old Coot
It's rather easy to guess that those Celebi all came from different times and dimensions. o_o Celebi does have the ability to travel through the space and time continum.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Edward Elric said:
..Why the hell would we be talking about Joe being dead in the anime section? --;
Actually, I though I'll report about the wrong section after reading that article :p

MaskedManAbsolkid

I thought it died and was revived in both. Either that or I own a dodgy version of Pokemon 4Ever.

And yes, I think Latios was the first, and maybe only, pokemon to die and stay dead.

Totoro

O hai you guysh !
MidnightScott said:
Latios was the first Pokemon to "die" if I'm correct...xD

If I'm not mistaken, after a Butterfree mates, it dies...Meaning Ash's Butterfree died ages ago >.>

Chris

Old Coot
Ruksen said:
If I'm not mistaken, after a Butterfree mates, it dies...Meaning Ash's Butterfree died ages ago >.>
We proved that to be completely false. >_> It's in the FAQs.