• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did Serena and Clemont even like each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I think that was the case, fortunately, KiraKira and DreamDream were the Best XY Endings
It fell behind ‘dori dori’ a little in terms of retweets, but did better in terms of likes, which places it the second highest in terms of likes for EDs outside the OS ones. Just behind the pikachu song which actually stood at the top of not only the XY endings but all the non OS ones lol.

Sham listed how Ash was present in some of Serena's developments moments, but that doesn't mean that it was relevant.
I think you should know that intertwined and relevant both mean connected closely, just like how progress and development mean the same thing as they are synonyms.

intertwined
- connect or link (two or more things) closely.

relevant
- closely connected

Literally directly ripped off google.

Honestly can't believe this has progressed to a semantic debate and what was literally said.

RafaSceptile

It fell behind ‘dori dori’ a little in terms of retweets, but did better in terms of likes, which places it the second highest in terms of likes for EDs outside the OS ones. Just behind the pikachu song which actually stood at the top of not only the XY endings but all the non OS ones lol.
Wait a second the Pikachu Song was the highest one in terms of likes? Lol, that is a surprise. I always find weird the timing when it was aired, which was the Ash vs Alain battle, but I like it.

I think you should know that intertwined and relevant both mean connected closely, just like how progress and development mean the same thing as they are synonyms.

intertwined
- connect or link (two or more things) closely.

relevant
- closely connected

Literally directly ripped off google.

Honestly can't believe this has progressed to a semantic debate and what was literally said.
The actual definition of relevant what is used in this context is: correct or suitable for a particular purpose (in this context, Serena's development)

The actual definition of relevant what is used in this context is: correct or suitable for a particular purpose (in this context, Serena's development)
Ah, so an in-depth semantic debate. Are you going to argue that progress and development aren't synonyms now? Seems like you quickly dropped that line lmao.

Your added " context " doesn't change my argument when you're literally adding words and statements that weren't said before.

RafaSceptile

Ah, so an in-depth semantic debate. Are you going to argue that progress and development aren't synonyms now? Seems like you quickly dropped that line lmao.

Your added " context " doesn't change my argument when you're literally adding words and statements that weren't said before.
They are, but that doesn't change what I explained before about that Kazuniya and Sham comments are not the exact contradictory thing and both are correct in their own way, Ash was present during some elements of Serena's development but in most case it wasn't relevant in comparison to how the elements were treated in the series (like Serena-Miette rivalry) or what other people do for her in those moments (like Shauna, Tierno and Trevor during the summer camp)
I think they did.
They were friends after all, but they barely interacted with one another. Even Dawn-Brock had a better chemistry imo.
They certainly were friends, in the end they travelled around Kalos during a long time and Serena had a sweet older-young sister chemistry with Bonnie, which makes a bit weirder than she barely had interaccions with Clemont.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
They certainly were friends, in the end they travelled around Kalos during a long time and Serena had a sweet older-young sister chemistry with Bonnie, which makes a bit weirder than she barely had interaccions with Clemont.
Well, they focused most of Serena moments interacting with Ash because of her crush on him so I'm not surprised that Serena and Clemont barely interacted with each other.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
You'd be surprised at how mean little girls are, sometimes.

I've seen teenage boys with more empathy.
Yeah, how a little girl is raised can make a huge difference. Same thing with teenage boys.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
@RafaSceptile @Power Up Eat a snickers guys :p
Honestly I kinda agree with the fact that Kazuniya's posts here about Serena seemed trollish, don't think they are a troll though but I do disagree that Serena's whole arc was just about her crush on Ash, but yea how her relationship with Ash weighed heavily on her is something I'm not too big a fan of, I like Serena, and have been warming up to her more, my main issue is how her arc concluded and how showcases were in general. Otherwise anything else is just me being fanficky like her retaining her sassy nature or having different mons etc.

Brock was older and more experienced. Clemont wasn't. You can try to say that Brock and Dawn interacted way more than Clemont and Serena, but we both know it's not really true. Their interactions were basically the same.
Yes, Brock was older and experienced. Thank you for explaining why he had a chemistry with dawn which Clemont and Serena barely had, if any. "We both know it's not really true" Yea no lmao, Brock and Dawn don't have a good chemistry either agreed but their interactions weren't the same as Clemont and Serena for the reasons I mentioned above!
He's blinded by nostalgia, don't bother.
And your blinded by bias lmao, it's so obvious. Rewatch DP is all imma say if you think Brock and Dawn were the same as Clemont and Serena. Were they good? No, but compared to them? Yes, for the reasons and interactions I listed above. Why would I be blinded by nostalgia for an aspect of DP that I disliked lmao, you don't make any sense

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
@RafaSceptile @Power Up Eat a snickers guys :p
Honestly I kinda agree with the fact that Kazuniya's posts here about Serena seemed trollish, don't think they are a troll though but I do disagree that Serena's whole arc was just about her crush on Ash.
Bruh I am not trolling.

We have people here legitimately claiming that Serena's entire character arc revolved around Ash, which is not true?
I have even given proof why that is the case?

Like, Ash is not the reason why Serena found a goal. (Shauna and her friends are)
And, he is not the reason why Serena developed. (Her Performer goal is)

Please stop calling me a troll just because you don't like my factual observations.

It would be great if Amourshipping was this integral part of Serena's storyline which heavily contributed to her growth, but...it did not? The crush existed side-by-side with Serena's performer arc, but the crush never meaningfully or significantly affected Serena's story. It just kinda lingered in the background until the end.

Feel free to like Amourshipping, I'm not taking that away from you, but don't claim it's something way more meaningful than it actually is.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Bruh I am not trolling.

We have people here legitimately claiming that Serena's entire character arc revolved around Ash, which is not true?
I have even given proof why that is the case?

Like, Ash is not the reason why Serena found a goal. (Shauna and her friends are)
And, he is not the reason why Serena developed. (Her Performer goal is)

Please stop calling me a troll just because you don't like my factual observations.

It would be great if Amourshipping was this integral part of Serena's storyline which heavily contributed to her growth, but...it did not? The crush existed side-by-side with Serena's performer arc, but the crush never meaningfully or significantly affected Serena's story. It just kinda lingered in the background until the end.

Feel free to like Amourshipping, I'm not taking that away from you, but don't claim it's something way more meaningful than it actually is.
I didn't say you were a troll lol, just some of your earlier posts about Serena kinds felt trollish based on how you worded them. I agree her entire arc wasn't tied to Ash but he did play an important role. I dislike amour shipping a lot so yea :p
When I mentioned ur posts I meant the earlier posts not the one where u started arguing Serena's arc isn't all based around Ash

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Anyways.... it’s talked about a lot less but I definitely feel like Serena’s and Bonnie’s sistership even decreased after some time. It seems like most of the interactions were Bonnie x Clemons and Serena x Ash. Of course they interacted as a group plenty of times but those were the main conversations going on.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Anyways.... it’s talked about a lot less but I definitely feel like Serena’s and Bonnie’s sistership even decreased after some time. It seems like most of the interactions were Bonnie x Clemons and Serena x Ash. Of course they interacted as a group plenty of times but those were the main conversations going on.
I still enjoyed bonnie and Serena's relationship though. It was really wholesome

Luthor

If I remember correctly she was partially responsible for trading him to another girl for a flute and then forgot him(but so did his sister) so my guess is they were friends but not the closest.

Morax

King of heroes
Any chemistry Serena had with other characters were more interesting than the chemistry she had with Ash. Ash was just so boring and excessively looked up to by everyone in this series that it made his chemistry with other characters so bland, particularly Serena.
So your definition of chemistry is comedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.