• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did society outcast you for playing Pokemon?

Kian D

Grandmaster of time
Well society should mind it's own business

Sergio Aguero

Like a Boss
Well, When i thell people i still play pokemon, like the games they dont care because most of who i know think the games are awesome but when i told them i collected Cards and watched the anime they made fun of me, well since i stopped watching pokemon and collecting cards it stopped.

A little, but if you change the subject then society accepts you again. I have hadmsome fairlynodd looks and comments from people when I ever do mention that I play or I'm talking to someone but they get over it after a while.

MusicMan

Fire Master
I Did Outcast Society For Not Playing Pokemon ... Of Course Many People Think Its A Stupid And A Game For Kids ... They Should KNow That Its Not Just For Kids ... This Is A Game Of Strategies ... I Bet 70% Of All Who Outcast Us Cant Play The Game ... They Are Stupidio

MusicMan

Fire Master
I Think All Of Us Should Not Be Scared Or Whatever .. Why Should We Be Outcasted? Take Your Ds Anywhere , Talk About Pokemon Whenever You Want, You Should Live The Way You Want ...

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Hmm... playing Pokémon is really only considered a faux pas in middle school and early high school when students are trying so hard to outgrow a "childish" image. In late high school and through college, nobody cares one way or another (and it is frequently considered a good thing). Even in the years where students are trying to outgrow such things, being interested in Pokémon and similar properties only usually becomes a big deal if you make a big deal out of it - shrug it off, and in the end nobody usually cares one way or another (until you get to your late teens and early twenties when it is once again accepted as totally awesome).

TL;DR: No.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
No, not really, I mean, now that I'm in college, it all the sudden became cool again.

However, I had to take a break for about a year to really appreciate Pokemon again and now I'm back. In order to be nostalgic, you sort of have to leave it behind for a while.

Kian D

Grandmaster of time
Yeah I don't care about what society thinks about this game, I don't care if this game is considered childish, I always loved this franchise and I'm PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Never in college pokemon joined us the engineers, designers, architects. Then it even gathered the other ones like law and medicine...I found it amazing how many people played pokemon up 2 gen II and how many still played DPPT.
Back in DPPT we even made an epic underground race to find who managed to make the 50 flags earlier, 16 peeps at the start and then we turned into 46....
Im still playing casually with some of them.

thunderblade12

No because I don't associate with people who believe maturity boils down to watching exclusively R rated movies and M rated games.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Not really. Maybe in high school, but even then most people were just joking about it. It wasn't like they'd avoid me or insult me. Well, mostly. There were some idiots back then who thought they were cool for not playing games at all, but yeah, those people were idiots. I don't associate myself with idiots.

STICKTOPIA

This isn't even a question. Only certain people can know I play pokemon but even if anyone wanna outcast me I'll will tell them off. Man was I outcasted before......

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Meh don't really care. People who outcast someone for playing a children's game are children themselves, seriously what a mature and logical reason...

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
For the last few years, the things people said about Pokemon made me so angry, but I was proud to like Pokemon and still am. No one really mocks me about it any more. I mean all my friends like Pokemon and Pokemon actually somehow made 4 out of 5 of my best friends my friends. Pokemon brings people together, this site and my friends are examples. So to answer the question: No, I have never been outcasted because most people just accept it now.

GalladeX

The most I got was some ribbing from some idiot kid who nobody liked anyway.
People shouldn't be so melodramatic - if somebody actually teases you for playing a game, they aren't worth your time to angrily post on a forum.

ilovelatias

Danisnotonfire<3
At my school, pokemon is popular. Probably just for the irony (hipsters and their irony...) but nobody makes fun of me for playing it.