• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did the Anime ruin Piplup for you?

Did the Anime ruin Piplup for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azureth

I've heard from many that after watching the anime, they can't stand Piplup, is that the same for you?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yes, yes, yes, 100000000000000000% YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i still like piplup despite dawn's piplup annoys me so much.
i like its design among all the first stage water starter.
no one is stopping me from liking it.

its funny that one piplup can make people hate the whole population of piplupssssss

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Piplup could be annoying at times but overall I still prefer him over lackluster Pikachu anyday. What happened to the electric rat? So no the anime didn't ruin Piplup for me as there are many Piplup's besides Dawn's that I like, like the video game Piplup. The anime is a double edged sword, it can either make characters/Pokemon who are so forgettable popular or ruin the good name of one, and Piplup is a victim of the latter. Despite the anime I still use Piplup all the time in the games because he is useful, no matter how much of a screen hog he was. If people let things like that stop them from using Pokemon in games or collecting cards of that Pokemon then that's pretty depressing for the species.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No it didn't though Dawn's Piplup can be annoying at times. I found it hilarious whenever Gible's Draco meteor hit it lol

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Piplup actually made the anime for me, although I do admit of the unnecessary amount of screen time he had at times. Then again, Pokemon isn't very good at keeping things balanced.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I was very annoyed by anime Piplup ... But hey, I still love my Empoleon ^^

An00bis

Wicked Witch
No. The games ruined Piplup for me.

Have to wait until you get Surf to get decent STAB on it. Only a slightly better level up move pool then Ponyta. Strong in Special Attack, mostly Physical Moves. Torterra and Infernape have better offensive type coverage then Emploeon. Emploeon is usable defensively (but has the worst recovery options) but who plays defensively in-game? You're talking about the Meganium of Generation IV, but with more popular typing.

I was indifferent to anime-Piplup. Most of Dawn's team wasn't spectacular.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really liked Piplup for about the first 30 or so eps of DP. Why?

Because Piplup stayed in its ball in the beginning, only came out for truly important moments, and at the start, its prideful personality was fun. After that...well...it went sour.

It really brings back memories of how fun the Dawn/Piplup interaction was during the first 30 eps of DP, when it used to peck her face and they disagreed with each other, its too bad they just turned it into a generic Ash/Pikachu friendship after that.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Piplup was okay for the first few episodes. But maybe they should have kept Piplup between Dawn's legs like they did with Iris's hair.

Piplup's voice actor went through me like fingernails scratching a chalkboard. I despised the thing. Oh my word it was terrible.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
I think Dawn's piplup was kinda funny.. and piplup is still my favourite starter because of empoleon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.