• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did the Anime ruin Piplup for you?

Did the Anime ruin Piplup for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-
Piplup hogged 10 minutes of the last episode of DP. So yes I despise it

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thank God Gible gave that Penguin what it had coming cuz he did what I wanted to do lol.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No. I actually have the ability to separate my feelings for the entire species from one member of said species.

Haunter ゴースト

Not really, the writers ruined it's character by not evolving and milking it's annoyed/upset attitude to the core.

I still like it in general.

No, Piplup was fine. :/

~Kari~

Piplup was okay. It is EXTREMELY annoying in the Sinnoh League battle between Ash and Paul. Every time Brock/Dawn/Barry appear to blab about the battle, Piplup cheering Ash on makes my eardrums moan.
The Gible's Draco Meteor hitting Piplup gag was funny, at first. After the first couple of episode, I was tempted to stop watching until Paul/Barry/Gym Leader battle came up

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Yes. The last episode (as someone mentioned) did seem dedicated to the penguin spitting the dummy over losing his thundermouse buddy. The fact that Dawn's emotions were downplayed in contrast, killed it. I really liked Dawn...

AmericanPi

Write on
OMG PIPLUP IS SOOOO CUTE!!!! I LUV HIM!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYONE HATES HIM JUST BECAUSE HE DIDN'T EVOLVE! IF PIPLUP EVOLVED HE WOULDN'T BE AS CUUUTE!!!

/girly-girl rant

Yes, I'm sort of a girly girl who likes cute and pretty things. I understand why boys hate Dawn's Piplup - "cute" isn't really a word that appeals to guys. :(

Last edited:

Blazicken

Sex on fire
^ no, it's cause it contributed nothing else than annoyance...

AmericanPi

Write on
^ no, it's cause it contributed nothing else than annoyance...

Me and my sister, both kind of girly girls, think of Piplup's "annoyance" as "cuteness." "Pip pip lup! PiiiiPiiiiLuuuuup!" <3

*looks down and frowns*

What about me, a clear as crystal female? DOES THAT MEAN I HAVE TO LIKE DAWN ASWELL?

I just edited my former post so I wouldn't be so sexist. Don't worry, just because you're a girl doesn't mean you have to like sparkly and cute stuff. ;)

Jessisa

It's Title Time!
Honestly, I like Piplup. Not that much at the start, but once Battle Dimension came around I started loving him.

Although, I don't really like how he hogged the majority of the last episode. :p

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I can't say I particularly hate Pochama. Yes, its over-usage did bug me, and as Cyber^3 said, its interaction with Hikari did go from being interesting, into just being a mirror of Satoshi and Pikachu (which is especially annoying when you consider that Pochama clearly has no qualms with going into its damn ball)... hell, Haruka's Achamo may've been sorely neglected until it evolved, but at least character-wise, it was great for it (besides which, we finally had a starter that wasn't automatically uber). But overall, Pochama was decent. At worst, it was still leagues better than Haruka's Zenigame, and it's nice to know that not every non-Pikachu Pokemon that stays out of its ball has to suffer the same fate as Togepi (good news for you eh, Kibago?).

I'm not able to answer this question, as I've only seen maybe 2 episodes of DP, but I will say that Piplup's english dub voice was super annoying to me. Don't know if it's the same in the Japanese dub, but whatever. It makes my ears bleed.

nah, Pochama sounds a lot more spunky in the original, befitting his personality. I don't know what the hell TPCi was thinking when they made Piplup sound like a Torchic clone (and to think, these're the same people who gave Sceptile a decent voice to correct the abomination 4kids turned Grovyle into).

BlueDragonfangirl

I didn't like Pipulp, it made it hard to watch D/P. I didn't give up the anime though, I've watched thick and thin, the worst of times and the best of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.