• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did the Writers just ditch Jigglypuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She hadn't made an appearance since "A PokeBlock Party" and that was the end of her spotlight. Oh well, maybe she was a nuisance or she couldn't fit in with the anime anymore? Your thoughts?

PokeFan1998

She was getting old. But I was hopeing the poor thing would of got a trainer.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm currently waiting for Cybercubed. It seemed like he was the biggest Jigglypuff fan around here.

The thing is Jigglypuff was a prominent figure back in the first and second generation. Come AG, Jiggly wasn't as important or as much as a novelty compared to other new Pokemon, like say, Spoink.

I don't think we'll ever see her again. Heck, you can't even catch Jigglypuff in Sinnoh, so there are good representation purposes for the Super Tough Pink Puff (yes, I went there...)

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yeah, well if they overplayed the whole putemtosleepthendrawontheirface joke too much, I guess that would drive away some fans instead of attracting em'. Plus it's always good to try something new.

mockingjay

swift and lol
They can't just continuously have her singing and using the effect thing episode by episode, it gets boring/annoying. But, she might make a small appearance like in the episode with Whiskmar. (Or however you spell it)

Yeah I guess they just forgot about it like they did with the GS ball. XD I was hoping Misty would catch it or something, it would have been fun.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Just before anyone says anything, JIGGLYPUFF DID NOT STAY WITH WHISMUR.

It was clearly implied that whismur only stayed awake due to its NOT hearing the singing, because of its ability.

And jigglypuff walked out on him, so whismur didn't wrap up anyone's story.

Just in case someone tries to say that happened. It didn't.

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
WTF??? Jigglypuff is here right now. Jig-a-lee-puff Jig- *inflates*. Relax we got our revenge: Brawl. Where did Mew2 go? HA! JIGGLYPUFF PWNED AN UBER!!!!!

Colin

I'm currently waiting for Cybercubed. It seemed like he was the biggest Jigglypuff fan around here.

The thing is Jigglypuff was a prominent figure back in the first and second generation. Come AG, Jiggly wasn't as important or as much as a novelty compared to other new Pokemon, like say, Spoink.

I don't think we'll ever see her again. Heck, you can't even catch Jigglypuff in Sinnoh, so there are good representation purposes for the Super Tough Pink Puff (yes, I went there...)

The writers likely got bored of Jigglypuff. They tried replacing her with Spoink and Hippopotas, but neither worked out. I'm sure they'd also get rid of Pikachu if they could.

And yes, you can get Jigglypuff in D/P. They can be found in the Trophy Garden.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The writers likely got bored of Jigglypuff. They tried replacing her with Spoink and Hippopotas, but neither worked out. I'm sure they'd also get rid of Pikachu if they could.

I doubt they would get rid of Pikachu. It's been the mascot for so long, and has been in every episode, so why would that change?

And yes, you can get Jigglypuff in D/P. They can be found in the Trophy Garden.

But only after you defeat the Elite 4 and Cynthia, after you go through Sinnoh one time through, which Ash and co. have not yet. Granted, Gligar and Swinub are the same way, but they could be caught in Platinum, whereas Jigglypuff can not.

Status
Not open for further replies.