• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did they forget shiny pokemon exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Shinies are supposed to be ultra-rare, so Ash and friends only ever catching one makes sense

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Nodame

Misty <3
I kinda want Ash to get another shiny, the anime makes it impossible to get when in the games, they aren’t as rare.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I kinda want Ash to get another shiny, the anime makes it impossible to get when in the games, they aren’t as rare.
Aren't as rare? That's when you're intentionally searching for them, truly random shinies are really rare. And Ash has encountered various wild shinies over the course of the series, he just never catches them because of plot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, I never did care much for Shinies in the anime since they add nothing special other than a cosmetic difference. I feel like they've become less significant in recent sagas since they began showing up too frequently at one point, which made them seem less rare.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
There was a Shiny Tapu-Koko in the last two episodes in the Parallel World (SM 100 and 101)

Dont really get the fixation with shiny, it's not like they are more powerfull than the normal one or have different ability or unique movesets.

It's because there just fun and satisfying to hunt for really. Also because a lot look a lot cooler than there original colour scheme and they give you bragging rights.

nickdt

Bumping Topics
The only reason Ash got shiny Noctowl is because it was a new mechanic.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
After seeing some shinies from the anime and movies like Genesect & Hawlucha. They're designated to be like the unique/odd ones among the same species character-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.