• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

did u find it easy or hard to capture Palkia/Dialga/Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeminied

In Platinum Giratina took forever! It was a pain because he's a ghost type so false swipe couldn't work. However I remember he didn't take that long in Diamond.

Dialga did take me time in Diamond however I was young and inexperienced back then.

Dialga and Palkia were terribly easy in Platinum, why would they give legendaries a catch rate which is the same as a Chatot.

Hansen

Grass Trainer
Palkia was pretty simple to capture, and didn't take much time. Giratina on the other hand, took a LOT of time to catch. I got it down to at least 1-5 HP, and used many balls.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
First time around I remember it took me 12 ultra balls to catch Dialga but since then its been pretty easy. (Looks at Dialga, Palkia and Giratina all sitting in Pokeballs.)

Beebar234

In Platinum, I caught Dialga with a Quick Ball immediately and Palkia with a Dive Ball on my first try at catching it. Giratina, on the other hand, was a freaking demon. It took me so many hours to catch it while I was playing non-stop. At some point I even thought about using a Master Ball, which I never do with box legendaries. I finally caught it with a Dusk Ball, Adamant Nature.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
They were all easy to capture, took about 10 Ultra Balls between the 3.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I caught Palkia at half health with a single Ultra Ball... Dialga was similarly easy to capture. However capturing Giratina in both Pearl and Platinum was a challenge.

PokeTrainerEX

I usually paralyze them and try to get them down to low yellow or red HP. It only took like 5 Ultra balls so it was fairly easy to get all 3 of them.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
It was so funny, I caught both palkia and dialga in platinum in green health with one ultra ball. They were asleep. For giratina, I used the master ball.

allaboutthecute

When I grow up
Dialga (Diamond)-i threw a masterball on the first turn. Which was probably a very bad descision.
Giratina (Platinum)-this time i had an epic battle. Instead of throwing a masterball on the first turn, i did when all my Pokemon were fainted except a level 2 Riolu that had survived its last attack using endure.

British Sandshrew

Shiny Seeker
;483; - Second turn, First ultra ball
;484; - Traded
;487-o; - Currently soft resetting for a shiny

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Dialga [Diamond] - Meh, it was sleeping and I was low on pokemon, ended up being caught in a Ultraball.
Palkia [Pearl] - I had it put to sleep fast, got it down to the red, threw all my Ultraballs and threw a Pokeball before throwing my Masterball, it worked.
Giratina [Platinum] - Got it low on HP, used a LuxuryBall and bingo.

Larry

Dialga- I don't remember what ball I caught it in but it was easy.
Palkia- So easy I caught it in a Poke Ball!
Giratina- Hard in D/P. Just ordered Platinum but I'm not sure if the catch rate is different.

SkyDeity

White Kyurem FTW
I only remember how I caught the trio on Platinum. Diamond was ages ago for me. I threw a Master Ball at Giratina out of laziness, but Dialga and Palkia were cake to capture. I caught them using a Dusk Ball at night.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Dialga and Palkia: One Ultra Ball each. Giratina: Couldn't catch it in the Distortion World, so I had to wait for Turnback Cave. MUCH easier there!

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Dialga: Ultra ball Palkia: A net ball which was only the 2nd one I threw and Girantina: After 50 tries finally caught it in a ultra ball. I'd say Girantina was the hardest to catch.

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
I played through on Platinum, and I remember having difficulty with Giratina. And by that, I mean I had to reset the game about 10 times because I kept dying or killing the silly thing.

Dialga and Palkia were.. less challenging, to put it mildly. I think it only took two tries with Dialga, and I caught it with an Ultra Ball. Palkia took about 4 attempts I believe with an Ultra Ball as well. This was also with me putting very little effort into lowing the HP properly or adding status effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.