• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

did u find it easy or hard to capture Palkia/Dialga/Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Dialgia and Palkia were easy, I caught both with under 10 Ultra balls.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
palkia 1× with 3rd poke ball,1× 47 ultra ball:(
dialga 1× with 23 great ball, 1× 11 ultra ball
giratina: 1 1st master ball :) lolzno 4th dusk ball

Mr Spaz

Loading title. Please wait.
Dialga: Quick Ball
Palkia: Quick Ball
Giratina: Still Quick Ball

Well Diamond was my first pokemon game although I'd played a few times on gameboy I had no experience on catching legends.
That was a few years ago and I am much better at it now.
But on Diamond I accidently KO'd Dialga with my Torterra and when it reappeared after the league I was so happy I had another chance I just threw a master ball.
On pearl I diddn't want to make the same mistake so I threw a master ball.
By the time I got to Giratina I had much more knowledge of pokemon and saved before it and it took me ages cause it kept running out of pp before I could catch it. It probably took a month or more.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
all of them were easy for me

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
i got giratina in a great ball.

i was like WEEEHOOO.

the hardest one is heatran to me. i have to spam 17 balls. (4 great, 4 timers, 4 ultras, 5 duskballs).

dialga is the easiest of the lot.

Jriks

i hate catching legendaries, ill often trade or ignore them if its not in the way of the game play. i had no choice in platinum, so i just killed the giratina and got one off gts, haha!

thats how lazy i am

Necro101

I will just get it to red or yellow lif and spam pokeball.
I don't really find it that hard to catch them cause you just spam pokeball.

Meowth City

Staff member
Dialga was easily caught after about 2-3 Dusk Balls, Palkia took about the same, but Giratina was annoyingly hard to catch. I had to reset about 8 times because it kept killing itself with Struggle, so I just toss the Master Ball.

Crasher Wake

How I caught Giratina

I caught Giratina in platinum by having my Bibrail (which was untouched by Giratina's ghost moves) use roll-out followed by a Ultra ball.

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
In Pearl I find it way too easy to catch Palkia. Paralyze, weaken it a bit, and throw one Poke Ball.

I've had Platinum for a long time and I've never gotten to Giratina in that time I had it. It will be hard though.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I have both Pearl and Platinum, and each one had a varying catch rate each time I played each game.

Palkia (Pearl, 1st time): Easy. Caught Palkia w/in a few Ultra balls.
Giratina (Pearl, 1st time): Took a few tries, unintentionally captured it in a Poke ball.

Palkia (Pearl, 2nd time): By this point I understood natures a little more, so I just used my Master ball.
Giratina (Pearl, 2nd time): Traded with a friend for another Master ball and used that.

Giratina (Platinum, 1st time): Giratina-O just would not stay in any sort of ball! Used master ball
Dialga and Palkia (Platinum, 1st time): Both were easy. Caught Dialga in a Dusk ball and Palkia in an Ultra ball.

Giratina (Platinum, 2nd time): KO'ed Giratina-O and caught it in the Turnback cave. (can't remember which ball I caught it in)

Dialga and Palkia (Platinum, 2nd time): I think I had two Master Balls (one from in-game, one imported from Sapphire) and just used it on them both.

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
My only memory in Platinum about this is that Palkia was easy. A few Thunderbolts from my Raichu+Static ability+one quick ball=caught legendary.

Entreri10

Palkia was about the same amount of difficulty as any of the other legendaries. Didn't use quick balls though.

ebevan91

All 3 were easy for me.

It's those stupid roamers that are hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.