• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you bother soft resetting for a perfect Giratina?

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
I got a Bold Giratina (didn't know how to SR back then), and therefore made it a special attacker (Giratina-O is awesomer than Giratina and I got Platinum anyway so why not take advantage of the Griseous Orb...). Not sure about the IVs though.

trade_me_for_a_celebi

Training to beat Red
Just caught it. I don't really get how to SR anyway..

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
No. Laziness took over and I used my Master Ball. I deeply regret it.

AlexKZ

Heh, nope. Didn't bother because I wasn't going to use it anyway. I put it up on the GTS and got something for it, but I'm drawing a blank on what I traded it for.

Just caught it. I don't really get how to SR anyway..

To soft reset, you save the game before you attempt something important such as catching a legendary pokemon, and you turn off the game and have another go if you fail.

I didn't bother. Not like I could use it in competitive battling when I get wifi fixed.

overheat

Fire Type Trainer
well I didnt really bother because you cant really use Giratina in Comp. battles much because its uber. But You can use it in-game a lot, but in-game the one with higjer level almost always wins so...(MY opinion)

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I tried to sr for a shiny Giratina but I got bored. I don't care about natures.

Abysmal Flames

I did perform some Soft Resetting Pt. I brought with me a Modest Gardevoir with Synchronize to initiate the battle. I only soft SR'd maybe 8 times thanks to bringing the modest Gardevoir. The IV's for HP and Def suck though. I still need to catch giratina in my DP games though.

MM13

Seestra
i wanted to try to get a shiny giratina so i told myself that i would do 10 soft rests before going to bed and on my 6th reset a shiny giratina appeared. i had no choice to use my masterball because its had used all of its attack and struggle left it with 1 hp. im happy that my synchronize worked. its has a timid nature :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I soft reset for my Giratina, and get a good one (Rash, Capable of taking hits) on the first try lol
Rash means while in OF, it can go Mixed Sweeper.
Capable of taking hits means while in AF, it would be a nice Physical Tank :p
Not to mention that Rash does not interfere with its Characteristic.....

@amonitas
iirc the reason why Giratina OF (and Rotom's alternate forms) cannot be used on Wi-Fi is because the data for them does not exist in D/P. If they can be used on Wi-Fi, and someone battle them on their D/P, their D/P would crash because it tries to load something that does not exist.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :p

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Meh, I never bother, and it's a legendary anyway, so I wouldn't use it competivly, but it's all about what you want, are you going to use it in a competitive team or what?

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I was thinking about SRing for it, but I got lazy and just caught it the way it was. Mine is Lonely natured, still UT in my PC box... I never even went back to get the Griseous Orb. XD

Ism

It went something like:
I'm totally gonna SR for a Shiny Giratina!

Then:
Maybe I'll just catch this one and get a Shiny in Pearl.

Then:
I like the way Giratina looks normally. But it's taking forever to get into these Ultra Balls!

Then:
I'll just Master Ball it and get more later.

So...no. But I luv mah Giratina just the way he is.

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
I just caught the first one I saw in a pokeball like always. I just catch the legends for the heck of it and most of the time to trade them off. I am one of those guys that just hates legendaries with a passion, I would never use one in a battle and if i catch it then I am just going to keep it in the pc until somebody wants it for a trade.

Also, am I the only one that only uses pokeballs? I don't like the other ones except Master balls for catching the ones that run around. I always seem to have better luck with pokeballs then I do with any other kind and they are the cheapest so that is just how I roll. It also seems more traditional to me.

Nana

I have to beat Cyrus first to get to it, but I"ll most likely chuck a Master Ball at it. I honestly don't care haha :p

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
I was lucky to get a timid one on the first try

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As a matter of fact, I did not bother to soft reset for Giratina nor any other rare Pokemon.

I always find that my time is better spent just catching them as they are and not fussing over stats :)

Torpoleon

Nope. I don't use legendaries for battling and I don't really care about shinies.