1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Did you cry?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by boyerboy, May 17, 2012.

1. boyerboy

boyerboy Feel the...BANG!

Ok. To get this started, when i first played the game i had no idea what was going to happen. So when my beloved partner (torchic) went away I started crying. Yep. I bet you did too , But I only found out later on he comes back. And the funny thing was, was that my mom walked in and saw me crying. I had to explain everything! She probouly thought I was strange.. LOL. Ok So the question is Did you cry too?

2. Sceptile40

Sceptile40 The One...

Umm, no, I didn't. Maybe you did because you are only 10. But I'm thirteen, and haven't cried in months. *Thank God*

3. xXLuminousNightXx

xXLuminousNightXx The Shining Shinx

Age doesn't matter in this at all. Heck, i'm 16 and I still just bawl when the game ends. I see my partner looking so sad, and falling to the ground, crying... Even worse in EOS when he/she started having flashbacks of our adventures, my heart just dropped ;____;

4. YinYang

YinYang Fire and Shadows

I didn't cry playing either of the mystery dungeon games back in 2007 when I was 10 and in 2008 when I was 11. The mystery dungeon games right? Either way, I guess it was still a tough part to see.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  5. Lightning Dragon

Lightning Dragon LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!

Yeah! I was... seeing my precious Riolu in MDS cry litteraly set my soul aflame...

6. Sceptile40

Sceptile40 The One...

Ok, sorry about the age comment. I get sad at the end of games, but cry? Seriously?

7. Aura Of Twilight

Aura Of Twilight Forever Clueless

I cried. Hard. And it wasn't because of sleep deprevation, either. lol

When I first beat Red I remember thinking, "WHY?!" It was so sad.

As for Explorers of Time....let's not go there.

8. Mr. Ribbles

Mr. Ribbles Cubchoo Lover

Do you even have a soul?

in the pmd games (mainly the 2nd batch.) Yes, i did.

Spoiler alert.

Even more so in the EOS grovyle secret mission where pink celebi goes away

9. Pokemonpal7

Pokemonpal7 Jungle Ninja

Ehhh... I definitely teared up a bit.

10. boyerboy

we all have differant emotions... And that is the only game i cryed in. :L

11. YinYang

YinYang Fire and Shadows

I actually imagined my main character becoming a human again like in the magna instead.

12. HetaOni

HetaOni Chesaught

I've cried EVERY time I've done that part.Once,I did it at a party and had to hold it in because I didn't want all the adults to be like "Whats wrong?Why are you crying?".It was a kid's party.Lololololol >w<

13. boyerboy

I did too even though I never read the manga. My brother spoiled it and told me My bulbasaur was a human. LOL

14. HetaOni

HetaOni Chesaught

Oh I've read the manga before!It was awesome.I always restart Explorers of Sky every time I beat the post ending.I wanna be a Riolu now,but I feel wierd pretending to be a boy. >w<

15. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 Just bought a Switch :D

I almost cried, but not quite.

16. Knightfall

Knightfall Blazing Wordsmith

I'll admit, some of the scenes and the endings of Red/Blue Resuce Team and EOT/EOD/EOS were very emotional, even after playing through them countless times they still make my heart feel heavy and make my eyes water with tears.
    Yes, I'll admit that.
    I believe if a game can make you cry because of the emotions it creates, than that game is worth the money you paid for it.

Knightfall signing off...;005;

17. diamondpearl876

diamondpearl876 → soul sick.

I teared up a bit, but I wasn't bawling or anything. The end of the first mystery dungeon game was just heartbreaking and I loved it. *sigh*

18. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

Big girls don't cry
    Cry? Me? NEIN! I'm 11, I played it when I was 9 or 10, I didn't shed a single tear. I'll admit though I cried at the Hetalia chibitalia ending but that's the only fictional thing that's made me cry.

19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris What a pain to relax...

Igglybuff's story did make my eyes get watery.

20. Shadow Jirachi

Shadow Jirachi Well-Known Member

I cried the first time I finished Explorers of Time, but I'm very overemotional sometimes and I was worse about a year and a half ago, when I completed that.
    I didn't cry the other times when I finished EOS, in those two Tear Jerker-y special episodes, and at the end of BRT, but it was pretty damn depressing.
    Only a few games have made my eyes get watery. All of them were very good games and my favourites.

Last edited: May 19, 2012