• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you ditch your starter?

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Never. My starter is usually a core member of my group. I don't overtrain it or anything, but it is a powerhouse in-game.

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
I never have and never will

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Yes after the elite 4 I did I don't have a liking for many starters only Meganium Charizard and Blastoise

May's brother

Now to the Maxtreme!
After the elite 4, they usually find their way into the PC. I never used to but there were just other pokemon that would find their way into the team. Although GarionMud (Nickname for the swampert I would start all my 3rd gen games with- yeah it sucks) usually sticks around for longer than the others. I think my Ruby or Sapphire, or even emerald still has it on it. But with all the games, the starters are gone as soon as the E4 is over.

When I got yellow version I even ditched the Pikachu there too for sheer convenience. I never do it anymore though on yellow.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
My starters are usually my toughest pokemon, but now I'm raising a team (there all at lv 1 now LOL) and it doesn't involve any starter pokemon.

m190049

Local psychopath
I ditched my Totodile in Gold Version.
My strongest Pokemon was a Pidgeot, and Totodile spent the whole game in the PC.

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
sadly yes i ditched my empoleon and replaced it with a torterra but i do use my empolean in PBR

Leghorn

I've never ditched a starter but it is something I'm considering doing.

Scyther is my favourite pokemon of all time and I have bred a pretty good one with decent stats on my Diamond game. So I think I'm going to trade it to a friends DS, start a new game and then get my Scyther back to act as my starter.

I just don't generally like the starter pokemon in Diamond so, meh...

yeah i ditched my swampert in sapphire because i was too busy training a walrein

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I'd never ditch my Empoleon I got the guy up to lv. 77 for crying out loud that's the strongest I ever made a pokemon (At least I think so) So no I'd never ditch him.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
After beating the Elite Four, my starter usually turns into a HM slave. Or in the case of Mudkip, Swampert was always an HM slave.