• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you ever make a good mistake?

Shivu

Team Plasma Member
I mean, a mistake that wasn't inteded but had good results?
For example, I was trying to train up my Pokemon for the League in Red. But, instead of going into Victory Road I accidently wandered into the actual League.
I managed to beat the Four with basically untrained Pokemon o3o

Okay, I failed with Rival, but I reckon if I had Revives and stuff, I'd have won :3
After that, I had a clear strategy of how to beat them :DD

So, anyone else had this or what? :p

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Heh, yes. I brought the wrong Pokemon out and eventually beat the E4. So I was like, heck, what?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ehh, if I did, I don't remember it. I made loads of mistakes, such as trading with a friend VERY early in the game for a higher-leveled Pokémon because I was having trouble, and imitating Ash's team before fighting Brock, to name a couple. As far as I know, none of them had positive results.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
*Accidently throws pokeball at Mewtwo with full HP*
"Mewtwo was caught"

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
I made too many mistakes too count in that game, and I really don't think much helped me at all, besides accidentely choosing Charmander at the beginning of the game, and he turned out to be amazing :3

G50

No longer posting
Attacking the Elite 4 with only one Pokemon remaining instead of using full restore. I ended up winning that attack instead of being knocked out.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
i don't use full restore that i buy.... guess what happen? you think I lose in Elite four?
No. My Pokemon have half life even i don't use full restore that's my good mistake i ever made. anyways this game that i was talking about was Emerald Versio

Larry

I taught my Charizard Cut in Blue version and I ended up defeating my Rival's Blastoise with Charizard thanks to Cut.

and imitating Ash's team before fighting Brock

Did the sprinklers not go off?

I traded my prized scyther for a tauros, which then resulted in me finishing the pokedex just a bit earlier and easier than planned, and my brother (The other trader) eventually needed a tauros to finish his pokedex, and I squeezed his lvl78 Lapras out of him.

I once traded games with my cousin I had a weak pokemon he wanted and couldn't get so he gave me his game. Every pokemon lvl100 and pokedex completed. This was Red and I still love it to this day

Zugh_25

I bought that fisherman's Magikarp early on in the game. I though, "Oh no! Why did I do that?!" Then I realized that it was the perfect opportunity to get a head start on my final team. Trust me, a Pre-Misty battle Gyrados is nothing to sneeze at.

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
When I first fished up a magikarp and caught it I knew it would be difficult to get him up to level 20 by having it first and pulling it out of battle on the first turn. So I decided to leave it with that annoying daycare guy. Now being dumb and forgetful I continued with the game like normal. Later, when all my Pokémon were around level 20, I realized I needed to get my magikarp. I went to pick it up and it was already at level 30. I was mad because it wouldn't learn dragon rage unless I taught it o it by TM. So eventually I got it to level 31 and it evolved. So I had a level 31 gyrados that knew only tackle and splash. Eventually it learned and I taught it more stuff so it was better. And the extra levels and experience was really helpful.

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
Accidentally, I went to face Brock but forgot my nidoran (male) and only had a charmander and a pikachu. Somehow I one after lowering their stats enough with pikachu and finishing them off with charmander.

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
Accidentally, I went to face Brock but forgot my nidoran (male) and only had a charmander and a pikachu. Somehow I one after lowering their stats enough with pikachu and finishing them off with charmander.

You know it's weird, my Pokemon handbook says Charizard's flamethrower can melt mountains, and then they go ahead and make it weak against rock.