• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Ever Really Use Zigzagoon/Linoone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
So, I started a new game on my Sapphire version the other day, and decided that this time around, I would catch a Zigzagoon and use it through the came. Turns out they are actually pretty good and handy Pokemon (especially after evolving it into Linoone.

So, have you ever actaully played through the game with a Zigzagoon/Linoone?

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I've used a lot of different pokemon but never a Zigzagoon/Linoone. I don't hate it, just never used one.

darkflamesofsarrow

Dragon Trainer
haha i only used it because when i first got surf i dint have any pokemon to use it with

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
Its always a HM slave when i play and also for the pickup ability

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I've never actually used one although my brother always uses it as his HM slave since they can know a fair good amount of HMs.

I remember 3rd gen competitive when it was a common strategy to use Belly Drum + Extremespeed Linoone. Of course, that would require some obscure strategy to obtain, so people going through the game aren't going to bother with it.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
On my first run through I did. I had such a wonderful team with Blaziken, Peliper, and Linoone. =/

Zeddokun

I tried to use my shiny one to do something... but it always kept failing.

Ammako

HECK YEAH!

I had a shiny Linoone from my brother, and I trained it to Lv. 100! I taught her the moves Thunderbolt, Surf, Return and Thief, and I could beat the WHOLE E4 with only her!

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Not at all. Truthfully, I always leave behind the usual normal type first route pokemon and hold out for some of the more useful typed pokemon that learn some better moves through leveling up. I don't even think they made a nice HM slave imo. >:U

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
I went through emerald with a linoone. It won all the cool contests for me. Then I tried the cloning glitch, it went wrong and deleted my dudes.

I'm not sure if this counts (beings that this is the 3rd Gen section of the forums), but I did use Zigzagoon, but not until 4th Gen, and I only used it for Pokemon Battle Revolution's Little Cup battles at Sunny Park, and I only used the event "Sapphire" Zigzagoon that knows Extremespeed.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
I didn't really use either at all. I only used one or the other as an HM slave. Not forgetting that they were my Pickup-pers as well :)

klubkj

I really didn't use Zigzagoon. I used Shroomish a lot then it evolved and it was my strongest Pokemon along with my Gulpin that evolved into a Swalot. My Torchic sucked but I used it and when it finally evolved in Blazekin it was the Boss Hog. I also had a wingull who wasn't very stronger, stronger than my Swellow, but when it evolved in Pelliper then it got useful. Then I got a Heracross. And I got a Larion, just trying to evolve it to an aggron, whic it did and it was really strong. Then I gave up my Gulpin and Swellow for a Aggron and newly evovled Wailord.

abraxas

Words.
For the simple fact that they in no way appealed to me, no, I have never used one, nor at any time plan to do so. Nothing wrong with them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.