• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you get one?

Did you get one?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
i didn't get one, but more importantly, is it usual for you to grow out your fingernails this much, ansem?

i think you'd really benefit from cutting your fingernails.

because how do you scratch your face currently? would you describe it as a painful experience? i imagine there's a lot of blood and/or acne. that can't be good for you, i know. i'm telling you ansem, you'll be better off if you start cutting your fingernails regularly.

real talk.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I was hoping it was just some Google search image.

lol yes it was a google search image. It was one of the first things that came up when I googled the title of it and I didn't bother to look any further.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
do you guys celebrate your birthdays? Because my friend is also a JW

Yeah, they gave the exact same ones here in Belgium, but in Dutch.
Went straight to the trash bin.

Do they really think they'd convert people like that? It just comes off as being annoying.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
do you guys celebrate your birthdays? Because my friend is also a JW

Here is what I mentioned about birthdays earlier:
Birthdays: Well...No we do not celebrate birthdays, but that one is a bit of a long explanation. I'll try to sum it up quickly. Aside from the fact that it kind of teaches kids to be selfish, original birthday celebrations were not of christian origin. If fact, birthday celebrations are only mentioned twice in the Bible, and in both instances, nothing good happened.(I know someone was executed just for fun in one of them, and I think in the other too, but I'm not certain.) And no, Christmas is not one of those celebrations, it is not recorded in the Bible.
So no, while we do not have Birthday parties, we don't have a problem with giving gifts to people. If fact we do that whenever we want. And at least for me personally, I like it a lot more when someone gets me a gift just because they want to and not because they feel they have to. Why should gift-giving be restricted to a certain time of the year? If you really want to give someone a gift then just give it to them.
Hope this clears things up ^_^

EDIT:
I didn't get one because the guy in our area refused a blood transfusion and died. Sucker

From our website under: Do You Accept Medical Treatment?

Yes, Jehovah’s Witnesses accept medicine and medical treatment. While we try to take care of our bodies and maintain good health, we sometimes “need a doctor.” (Luke 5:31, Easy-to-Read Version) In fact, as was the first-century Christian Luke, some of Jehovah’s Witnesses are physicians.—Colossians 4:14.

Some treatments conflict with Bible principles, though, and we reject these. For example, we don’t accept blood transfusions because the Bible forbids taking in blood to sustain the body. (Acts 15:20) Likewise, the Bible prohibits health treatments or procedures that include occult practices.—Galatians 5:19-21.

However, the vast majority of medical treatments do not conflict with Bible principles. Therefore, personal choice is involved. One Witness might decide to accept a particular medicine or treatment, while another Witness might reject that same treatment.—Galatians 6:5.

Under: Why Don’t You Accept Blood Transfusions?

Common misconceptions
Myth: Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t believe in medicine or medical treatment.

Fact: We seek the best possible medical care for ourselves and our families. When we have health problems, we go to doctors who have skill in providing medical and surgical care without blood. We appreciate advancements that have been made in the medical field. In fact, bloodless treatments developed to help Witness patients are now being used to benefit all in the community. In many countries, any patient can now choose to avoid blood-transfusion risks, such as blood-borne diseases, immune-system reactions, and human errors.

Myth: Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that faith will heal a person’s ailments.

Fact: We do not practice faith healing.

Myth: Avoiding blood transfusions is very costly.

Fact: Medical treatments that avoid blood transfusions are cost-effective. *

Myth: Many Witnesses, including children, die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions.

Fact: This statement is totally unfounded. Surgeons regularly perform such complex procedures as heart operations, orthopedic surgery, and organ transplants without the use of blood transfusions. * Patients, including children, who do not receive transfusions usually fare as well as or better than those who do accept transfusions. * In any case, no one can say for certain that a patient will die because of refusing blood or will live because of accepting it.

Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses accept blood transfusions?
This is a religious issue rather than a medical one. Both the Old and New Testaments clearly command us to abstain from blood. (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:10; Deuteronomy 12:23; Acts 15:28, 29) Also, God views blood as representing life. (Leviticus 17:14) So we avoid taking blood not only in obedience to God but also out of respect for him as the Giver of life.

Changing viewpoints
At one time, the medical community generally viewed strategies for avoiding transfusions, so-called bloodless medicine, as extreme, even suicidal, but this has changed in recent years. For example, in 2004, an article published in a medical education journal stated that “many of the techniques developed for use in Jehovah’s Witness patients will become standard practice in years to come.” * An article in the journal Heart, Lung and Circulation said in 2010 that “‘bloodless surgery’ should not be limited to J[ehovah’s] W[itnesses] but should form an integral part of everyday surgical practice.”

Thousands of doctors worldwide now use blood-conservation techniques to perform complex surgeries without transfusions. Such alternatives to blood transfusions are used even in developing countries and are requested by many patients who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i don't really see why this thread needed to exist at all, and now it's basically just the jw.org faq page

Status
Not open for further replies.