• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did You Know?

Euphoria

Soul Salsa
"People have been saying that Darkrai has potential to be the counterpart w/ Arceus, but it's actually a countepart w/ Cresselia. Cresselia represents good dreams & Darkrai bad dreams."

I think that's quite obvious in D/P. After you defeat the Elite4 and talk to the family with the kid who has nightmares, the kid says "There's a Pokemon, DARK.. DARK", and you get the Lunar Wing to cure his nightmare by awakening/releasing Cresselia. An interesting plot idea in my opinion, too bad it doesn't carry on.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
You fool! Do you realize what you have done? The "Did you know?" topic and "Fun Facts" topic can never be together. It'll create a paradox!

The Ultimate National Pokedex (the new d/p strategy guide) mentions all the gender differences.

I feel this thread is better imo, I guess I should post something. Most of the Pokemon in the contests on the show all have a move learned by TM (Squirtle= Ice Beam, Glameow= Shadow Claw, Skitty= Blizzard, and many more).

RaikouSpecialLover

Questshipping 4ever!
My bad w/ the legends: Kyogre & Groudon also do not have a 3% capture ratio. (this time it's 5%)

Chimecho3000

Don't forget Shaymin.

Virtual Chatot

Circa 2006
"People have been saying that Darkrai has potential to be the counterpart w/ Arceus, but it's actually a countepart w/ Cresselia. Cresselia represents good dreams & Darkrai bad dreams."

I think that's quite obvious in D/P. After you defeat the Elite4 and talk to the family with the kid who has nightmares, the kid says "There's a Pokemon, DARK.. DARK", and you get the Lunar Wing to cure his nightmare by awakening/releasing Cresselia. An interesting plot idea in my opinion, too bad it doesn't carry on.

People are connecting Darkrai as being a kind of Satan towards Arucues...

I think Giratina makes a better connecting

EDIT: New Rank :D

A couple of things I have today.

~ If you invert the colours of Kecleon you will get the colour of the Kecleon in the episode "The Kecleon Caper".

EDIT: ~ Team Rocket has changed their motto twice, leading to a total of three mottos. (Thanks to TogeticTheRuler)

~ All of Lickitung's, Shellder's, and Seel's sprites have their tongues sticking out.

~ In the animé, they do not follow the Gym Leader order. Instead of going to Erika for the fourth gym, Ash battles Sabrina first, then Erika, then Koga.

~ In the sixth episode of Pokémon (Mt.Moon episode) Brock calls Zubat to use Double Team but both Zubat and Butterfree are clearly using some sort of whirlwind move to blow away Koffing’s smog attack.

~ Both the abilities Cloud Nine and Air Lock have the same effect.

~ The ability Effect Spore is only known by mushroom Pokémon (Paras, Parasect, Shroomish, Breloom).

Last edited:

TogeticTheRuler

A couple of things I have today.

~ If you invert the colours of Kecleon you will get the colour of the Kecleon in the episode "The Kecleon Caper".

~ I believe Team Rocket has changed their motto three times.
~ All of Lickitung's and Shellder's sprites have their tongues sticking out.

~ In the animé, they do not follow the Gym Leader order. Instead of going to Erika for the fourth gym, Ash battles Sabrina first, then Erika, then Koga.

~ In the sixth episode of Pokémon (Mt.Moon episode) Brock calls Zubat to use Double Team but both Zubat and Butterfree are clearly using some sort of whirlwind move to blow away Koffing’s smog attack.

~ Both the abilities Cloud Nine and Air Lock have the same effect.

~ The ability Effect Spore is only known by mushroom Pokémon (Paras, Parasect, Shroomish, Breloom).

No they changed it 2 times, but had 3 mottoes

abgar

Fufufufu
in the game erika, sabrina and koga can be beaten in any order too

TogeticTheRuler

May became a famous coordinator in mid-late Hoenn and Battle Frontier like her rivals, however Ash isn't really famous despite the power of his "haxxed pikachu"

But to Surf to Cinnabar you have to beat one of the leaders (forgot which one) in order to use Surf outside of battle.

~ In Pokémon Red/Blue (possibly others?) the move Minimize changes the actual sprite of the user into a small star like figure.

~ Togepi is the only Pokémon to actually “crack” out of its egg, compared to others who actually just evolve out of the egg (glow and transform).

~ The Cloyster sprite in R/B is sideways (whose backsprite is actually upright), compared to the rest of the games where it’s standing vertically.

~ Koffing’s skull pattern is above its face in Red and Blue.

~ In Bonsly’s first appearance in the animé (in Lucario Mystery of Mew) it is pronounced bon-slee but in the new animé it changes pronunciation to bon-sly.

~ Kingler’s claws are the same size in Red and Blue.

Last edited:

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
some of u may know this bellosoms original color was blue (the color of an oddish) but there a was a drawing acident and changed its color to green (i think it was a color acident) and the original drawing was forgotton

I played my old Pokémon Red today, noticed a couple of things in Giovanni's Gym as well as on the way to Victory Road.

~ Giovanni's Gym in Viridian is the only Gym to have an item in it (other than the TM you are given and itemfinder in FR/LG). There is a revive by one of the spin panels (in Pokéball form).

~ Speaking of those panels, I was poisoned and while it was transporting me across the room, I didn't recieve any poison damage I would normally get while walking around.

~ Every game to feature Kanto (except for GSC) has Badge checkers on the way to the Victory Road.