• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Did you like aipom better with ash and unevolved?

did you like aipom better with ash and unevolved?

• yes, I liked her better with ash and unevolved

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • I liked her better with ash, but evolved

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • I like her better with dawn, but unevolved

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I like her better with Dawn and evolved

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I never liked aipom/ambipom

Votes: 5 7.2%

• Total voters

gigabowser20

Did you like aipom better with ash and unevolved? I did, she was funnier/had more personality. Now shes a boring 2 handed monkey who rarely appears (she appears more than some of dawns pokemon, like pachirisu).

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Well, I did prefer the odd match of buizel and Dawn to buizel and Ash, and aipom was a nice touch to Ash's team. Also, with aipom with Ash, each trainer had at least one female on their team, but after the trade, Ash would have a macho all-guy team, which cuts a nice balance. Also, I found it hypocritical for Ash to give away the pokemon he'd practically had nightmares about losing to somebody he's seen much more than Dawn (albeit somebody he despises with every fiber of his being; I still would prefer that he didn't act biased).

On the other hand, aipom was pretty easy to play, and the one thing about it that would make it hard to animate was its constant smile, which was rejected on Ash's aipom. Ambipom, however, looks completely absurd, and unlike the standard pokemon you'd see used. We haven't seen ambipom yet in Canada, but I am waiting to see the pokemon in action with baited breath. I don't recall anything quite like it, so I'm pretty excited.

If it's played unoriginally, I'll likely say I preferred her in her underdeveloped form under Ash's care. Dawn would keep her masculine pokemon, and Ash would keep his girl. And that sounds fair to me.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think Aipom was actually better with Ash, because at least he knew how to battle with her.

Dawn is hopeless, the only one she seems to focus on is Piplup, even though she has Ambipom, and she has so much contest pontential.

Pearl's Perap

I must admit I did want Ash to end up keeping Aipom and Dawn keeping Buizel, but the trade was becoming inevitable. Dawn rarely bothers using Ambipom now she has it, it seems all about other pokémon for the majority of battles/contests. The only positive thing that came out of the trade, in my eyes, is the fact Buizel now has a decent trainer...

kemal07

it was a really difficult choice for me but in the end i chose dawn with ambipom. theres something weird about aipom/ambipom, i jus couldnt suit it with Ash or Dawn i dont know how to describe it they both jus look(ed) odd compared to the other pokemon

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I think I'm not that bothered! With each trainer, I like Aipom/Ambipom. With Ash, it was cute seeing her crush on him and with Dawn she rarely battles. She's not used as much with Dawn, which is a pity. Alothough I still like Ambipom with Dawn.

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
Ambipom just doesn't seem like the right pokemon for Ash to have in my opinion.

milenadrg

I don't like Ash traded his Aipom for that Weasel. It's good with Dawn, but tall Ambipom in Ash's team would be much cooler and Ambipom in Ash's team would have much more screentime because Dawn thinks her olny Pokemon's Piplup:(

Last edited:

kemal07

I don't like Ash traded his Aipom for that Weasel. It's good with Dawn, but tall Ambipom in Ash's team would be much cooler and Ambipom in Ash's team would have much more screentime because Dawn thinks her olny Pokemon's Piplup:(

no she doesnt who did she just use in the pokemon contest? pachi

Well I didn't like Dawn with Buizel at all, so I'm pretty happy they traded, though I did like Aipom better with Ash. o_o

But I guess I'm okay with the trade though.

But Amibipom fits Dawn better than Buizel did.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I miss Aipom with Ash. She was amazing under his control and was just soooo sweet.

I still think it would have been better for Ash to have just captured Buizel in the first place. That way, he wouldn't have needed to trade Aipom and she wouldn't be stuck with the whiny brat known as Dawn.

Sure, he wouldn't have captured Gligar/Gliscor (who i absolutely love), but you can't miss what you never had.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I miss Aipom with Ash. She was amazing under his control and was just soooo sweet.

I still think it would have been better for Ash to have just captured Buizel in the first place. That way, he wouldn't have needed to trade Aipom and she wouldn't be stuck with the whiny brat known as Dawn.

Sure, he wouldn't have captured Gligar/Gliscor (who i absolutely love), but you can't miss what you never had.

Had Ash kept aipom, and taken chimchar, he would have had done the unthinkable act of owning two simian pokemon at a time. This is, of course, pure sacrilige, and since he had to own a pokemon which can evolve without becoming an overweight blob, he needed to dispose of aipom in order to be able to make chimchar his little ape.

I just hate how the anime psyched us out. It was like, "Ash has a pokemon which will evolve into something big and slow, and the girly one gets a totally boyish pokemon, awesome!" And then it was, "well, I think we would prefer if we did what we usually do, so let's just say the fire starter gets kicked off the team, and go to the guy, and then have the other monkey traded so the boy can get the masculine pokemon, and one monkey, yeah, that's better".

Ugh. I wish the anime would actually do things they don't always do for once!

Bisasam

Bulbasaur
I loved Aipom with Ash, she had much more personality... and now she's rarely used and looks uglier. I wish Ash had kept her. Maybe Dawn could have borrowed her for a few contests.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Aipom was neat and all,but I prefer her as an Ambipom.

She seems happy with Dawn,and she's just so...

Ambipom is awesome <3
However,Dawn..Needs to learn some more combination's,lets get rolling with Ambipom!

Aipom basically kept its personality when it evolved, so it didn't bother me when it evolved. And I like it better in contests than I did in regular battles.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Ambipom is more of a show-off now it has two tails and a more agile body. Doesn't even seem like the same character, to be honest. But I do love her.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
I enjoy having Dawn have Aipom instead of Buizel, but I think she evolved too early.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
I liked her better on Ash's team period, evolved or no. On Ash's team, the writers are at least trying to make his team balanced, but with Dawn, my God they're terrible. It's Piplup this and Piplup that. I understand that Piplup is a mascot and Dawn's the girly short skirted loli, and they're trying to reflect Kanto Ash/Pikachu, but in Kanto Ash didn't solely use Pikachu, he used at least 5 other guys (yes, Pidegeotto...you count...sort of).

When's the last time we saw Ambipom do anything? Celestic Contest? It's always sad that someone on the twerps' team always gets the shaft, with Dawn...it sucks even more.

Seth1789110

Is my DS racist?
Ok, you guys all no why they traded right? Ash needed na water type, and it was getting a little late to catch anymore. I love Aipom to death. It is cute, funny, and just an all around good idea for a pokemon. I hate ambipom. Stupid pokemon. The 1 tale idea was great, but the 2 tails just over does it...I mean it just ruined the concept. Also, it just is lame...but I guess it happened...but it was super cute when Ash had it...it just fit...